Space Mtn--belt, bar or what?

2infinityandbeyond

DIS Veteran
DS is right at 44" and he wants to ride Space Mountain. It's been a few years since my last trip to WDW, and I don't remember if SM has a safety belt or bar. I'd feel better about him riding it if there was a belt which could be tightened rather than a bar just resting on his legs.

The other thing to remember is that you do not ride side by side; rather, each rider is seated in a single seat and there are two connected cars of 3 each. The smoothest ride is in the front, the bumpyist is in the far back.

The video clips show riders side by side. I wouldn't want a bad surprise for your child if he was thinking he'd be right next to you.

Since you do sit in your own seat, the bar stops on top of your legs. On some rides, like Splash Mountain, you sit with someone else, and if the other person has bigger legs than you, there can be quite a bit of distance between your legs and the bar. But it fits very snuggly on Space Mountain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter