Special Offer = MORE Expensive?!

cjlong88

DIS Veteran
Saw the special offer for Disney+ subscribers for December. I tried to apply the special offer and my total cost increased...trying to figure out what's going on. What am I missing? Do I need to call? It's crazy that the original, standard room price is cheaper than the special offer price.

Saw the special offer for Disney+ subscribers for December. I tried to apply the special offer and my total cost increased...trying to figure out what's going on. What am I missing? Do I need to call? It's crazy that the original, standard room price is cheaper than the special offer price.
Which resort were you trying to book? Are you sure it was the same category of room? That’s usually the answer. Not all the categories are included.

Same category room at Yacht Club. Package with tickets. Literally everything the exact same, but $200 more.

Mousesavers lists the originally released hotel prices. So you can see if your rates increased. And I do remember seeing a thread several weeks ago from someone else who noticed a price difference. Disney used to set prices for a year. But they have quietly increased hotel prices during the year for several years now. People have posted that a new discount is higher than their original price a couple of times.

https://www.mousesavers.com/2022-yacht-club-room-rates-season-dates/

Mousesavers lists the originally released hotel prices. So you can see if your rates increased. And I do remember seeing a thread several weeks ago from someone else who noticed a price difference. Disney used to set prices for a year. But they have quietly increased hotel prices during the year for several years now. People have posted that a new discount is higher than their original price a couple of times.

https://www.mousesavers.com/2022-yacht-club-room-rates-season-dates/

FYI, that thread from someone else a few weeks ago turned out to be incorrect.

The rack rate for each room is listed for the year in the rate details when you select the room type. Ticket prices do go up though right. It’s not my understanding that room rate rate only does.

Price increase. My suspicion is they’re doing it on the sly so it’s flying under the blogosphere radar. Or they finally went a bit dynamic…
Yep. They can quietly raise the rates overnight right before they release a discount. So there is absolutely no loss for them like that.

The other thing they do on the sly is move dates from one rate category to another. Same with ticket pricing.

Call resort services and see if they can apply the promotion to your original reservation. That’s the advice I was given when I asked.

Call resort services and see if they can apply the promotion to your original reservation. That’s the advice I was given when I asked.

It doesn’t work that way. Even tho people say “apply it” to your reservation, the process essentially makes a whole new reservation but keeps the same number. The room you have has to be available as a totally new booking, at the current price. It is then rebooked at the new price with the promo.

It doesn’t work that way. Even tho people say “apply it” to your reservation, the process essentially makes a whole new reservation but keeps the same number. The room you have has to be available as a totally new booking, at the current price. It is then rebooked at the new price with the promo.

Called yesterday. No dice on them applying the 20% off the original reservation price. Oh well! C'est la vie.
I guess the cast member I talked to was just telling me what I wanted to hear which isn’t unbelievable.(and maybe they can help) I had called to ask if the rack rates change ( I have not had them change in any of my recent trips but this thread had me curious) and she did confirm they can. She didn’t guarantee a promotion would be applied to original rate but suggested calling. Sorry it didn’t help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter