Special Romantic Dinner Ideas???

SunFloridaDisney

3 of my favorite things<br><font color=red>I'll pr
Please help me decide where to make PS for our one big anniversary dinner. We don't normally splurge and usually do mostly counter food, as we normally have 4 kids along! We know we want to have at least one nice dinner on our actual anniversary date. We've narrowed it down to:

Jiko
Artist Point
California Grill
Whispering Canyon

Opinions? Any others I've not thought of? Victoria and Alberts was in the running, but a little more pricey than the others, and seems maybe a bit too formal for our liking.

IF we go with California Grill, what time do you suggest for us to be able to see Wishes?

Thanks for responses! :lovestruc

Congratulations on the 25th. We'll be going for our 20th arriving shortly after you.

My opinion is Jiko and Whispering Canyon are not romantic anniversary type restaurants. Artist Point and CG are more what it sounds like you're looking for. I would add LeCellier to the list of possibilities. It's our favorite restaurant in WDW.

Whispering Canyon is not romantic,more family style and loud. Jiko is good but not the most romantic. CG or Artist Point would be great bets. I tend to think Artist Point is a bit more quiet and laid back, CG gets busy, but its still romantic. Artist Point might be able to better handle any special requests as I don't think they get as slammed each night as CG.

I am always touting Wolfgang Puck's The Dining Room (the upstairs room at Puck's Cafe at Downtown Disney).

It is our favorite place to splurge. It may be slighty more expensive that CG or Artist point.

You could even pair dinner with Cirque. It a very short walk to the theater from Puck's. We did this on our honeymoon.

Last time we went to WDW we went to Bistro de Paris for a romantic dinner. It was so nice and so romantic. The food was unbelievable and so was the serves. We got sat by the window and could look out over the lake and the people below. It was great and we can't wait to go back.

WE love California Grill. We got engaged there and has become one of our traditions when we visit WDW.

Well-I think you can cross Whispering Canyon off the list right now. Unless your idea of "romantic" is a server banging the serving cart on the floor and yelling "Yi Hah", or a dozen or more kids romping around the restaurant on stick horseys. :D

All the other three places on your list are fine--Jiko and Artist Point about the same realtive romantic (quiet?) level and CG being a bit more noisy. If you do decide on CG, ask for the "wine room"--a bit more quiet in there and Wishes easily seen from the observation deck outside the restaurant. Personally, I prefer Jiko out of the 3--.

Two other possibilities that might fit the "romantic" definition are Citricos and Palio. Palio also has strolling musicians that play from time to time, which adds a bit to the atmosphere.

My hubby and I honeymoon in WDW last Feb. Our first sit-down dinner, which turned out to be SOOOO romantic, was at the California Grill. The food was OUTSTANDING and our CM was the sweetest! We are going to do it again when we go next month. I HIGHLY recommend it! :)

:cool1: Don't rule out CRT for your anniversary dinner. My DW and I ate our anniversary dinner (25) several years ago and it had to be one if not the most romantic dinner we ever had!!!! We had late PS so we'd be having desert about the time the fire works started. They dim the lights and pipe in the music. Our table was decorated and our server brought us a box when it was time to leave(we talked with her for half an hour or more!!!!).The box contained two champainge(?) glasses with Cinderella on them!!!!! :bounce:

Keep in mind that you can't get alcohol with your meal at CRT. And the food is good, but not a first class meal.

I'd have to agree with Uncle R's suggestion of Citrico's.

You said you wanted something a little more casual...

If it's in the budget, how about chartering the Grand one Yacht and having dinner catered there? You can order off the menu at any GF restaurant and have it delivered. Dine on the boat while having a front row view of Wishes. Dress as you want, you'll be all by yourself... now THAT is a treat!

Anne

Of your choices, I like CG. The timing for Wishes depends on your date. They are shown at different times depending on the hour the park closes. DH and I will be celebrating our 30th anniversary at WDW this year....I'm just now starting to make plans, but CG is a front runner for us too.

My DH just surprised me with a trip for our 30th Anniversary on February 1. Now I know it's late but I'm trying to find a place to eat and hopefully see Wishes. I looked at the CG menu and it was a little to-o-o-o weird for our tastes. We're not into the very fancy foods. CRT sounds like a good choice - can you see Wishes from inside the restaurant? Can you see Wishes from Poly restaurant?

Any help would be appreciated. :love: :love: :love:

Another vote here for Palio! The strolling musicians and candles on the table make it very romantic! And, the food is outstanding!! :love:

I think Jiko, AP, CG all fit that bill...Perhaps Fying Fish as well (although it's a bit noiser - just the atmosphere).
pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter