Splash Mountain at Disneyland

Bowman

Earning My Ears
According to the official Disneyland site Splash Mountain is down from now until the end of May. Anyone know what their doing to it and if there's any chance it will be open before we go May 11 - 15?????

They are installing a new restrainment system. There seems to be some debate on whether it's just seatbelts or an over-the-head restraint.

Over the head restrains is definatly overkill for Splash Mountain. I think that a bar and or seatbelt would be just fine.

Over the shoulder restraints are typically reserved for roller coasters or other attractions which feature high speeds, heavily banked turns, high g-forces, and loops. Since splash has none of these features I wouldnt expect this type of restrain. Most likely it is a load station air gate install and seat belts for the logs. (some looping coasters only have lap bars!)

I guess the Disney lawyers are involved so who knows what
the timeline might be. Seems that worst case scenerio, which
means new over the shoulder restraints which may mean
all new ride vehicles, Splash could be down 9-12 months.

Hopefully it won't come to that, about the only way to get
hurt on that ride is to be stupid, negligent, and not follow
the posted rules. And even then you have to try and hurt
yourself.

I think they discussed this in one of the articles over on
Mouseplanet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter