Splash Mountain Being Changed?

Why? I like it just the way it is. I suppose they have to change some things to keep everything fresh and new but why this ride. I think it is perfect just like it is.

Don't think there is a chance the rumor is true,but the only thing that would make it conceivable is the history behind "Song of the South".:)

There is precedent in this area with Disney having renamed the Dixie Landings Resort to Port Orleans-Riverside,but,again,don't think the rumor will prove true.:)

Don't think there is a chance the rumor is true,but the only thing that would make it conceivable is the history behind "Song of the South".:)

Yes, but Song of the South was only banned because of slaves coming through the fields looking happy. I don't think the ban had anything to do with Br'er Rabbit and the rest of them. If it did, I don't think
Zip-a-dee-do-dah would be playing at the parks, and Splash Mountain wouldn't exsist.

Splash Mountain only has to do with the Br'er Rabbit stories, and there is nothing wrong with those. After all, I know a school principal who tells it to the kids at the school, along with a Disney Br'er rabbit plush that he has talk to the kids.

I'd be Ok with this. The ride itself is a simple log flume - the scenes are cute but not impressive technically, and the movie it is tied to is problematic for Disney.

Imagine a more imersive trip...same water track but upgraded scenes, maybe some cool innovations (like the mist cloud at the beginning of PoTC) and the PATF storyline.

I don't think it is reasonable to expect "forever" continuity in such things, especially with this kind of ride. You can expect Mickey and friends, new and old, to always be around - but otherwise I'd hope WDW will be always slowly evolving.

Who knows if the rumor is true but I'd be Ok with it. I can ride the old one on youtube anytime. :)

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Finally, a new rumor to replace the one about Rock N Roller Coaster being changed over to Hannah Montana! :lmao:

Say it aint so!!!!! Splash Mountain is an icon. It is my favorite ride because of the music, colors and story. P and F was a decent movie but certainly not worthy of changing an icon for. I say it does not happen.

There is precedent in this area with Disney having renamed the Dixie Landings Resort to Port Orleans-Riverside,but,again,don't think the rumor will prove true.:)

These are my thoughts exactly. *If* it were to actually happen I feel it would only be due to them trying to completely forget "Song of the South" existed.

If there's a problem with people not knowing the characters, then a better alternative imo would be for Disney to get over their PCness and re-release Song of the South. Or edit it to take out the "offensive" scenes and then release it.

I'm also ok with this.

First thought was - bad idea, then thinking about it more it makes sense.

My kids ride it - for the drops - they have zero idea who the characters are and therefore don't understand (until I told them) the progressive story that is told through the ride - that Brer Bear and Fox are trying to catch Brer Rabbit, they eventually do catch him only to have Brer Rabbit trick Fox into throwing him into the briar patch (which is what the final drop is about - how many people actually know that you are being thrown into the briar patch in the ride??), then the happy ending.

If you don't know the story, it's just a slow moving flume ride with a few exciting moments

I think I remember seeing SOTS as a kid - probably did because I know the characters and the story. The newer generation doesnt and won't because the movie is never going to be re-released in this PC climate.

That being the case, why not make the ride familiar to people.

I loved the Princess and the Frog. But not enough to give up Br'er Rabbit! I think they should get their own attraction! Why
Not the Liberty Steam Boat? I loved it when they did the show. The music was awesome. They could have character meets on the boat, and jazz playing over the speakers. Maybe a scheduled show.

That actually IS a great idea!! Helllllo, that is where Louis wanted to play!

I looooove PATF, but don't mess with my Splash!

No Way. The entire ride, which is the best and one of the most popular in all of WDW would have to be changed completely, including music. Not going to happen.

I have always been told Disney is for the kids. So in that light it SHOULD be changed. The kids have no idea about Brer Rabbit. As a matter of fact most parents don't know about those characters either (myself included). Princess and the Frog would generate more excitement for the ride.

No truth to this.

If DLp ever gets Splash this would have a PATF theme.

The movie was a failure in Disney's eyes in the USA but it was very popular in Europe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter