• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Split stay in a Covid World?

dreamin'boutdis

Mouseketeer
Is Disney bell services still transferring luggage for split stays? How about groceries?

DH and I are planning a kid-free week in September to celebrate our 20 year wedding anniversary. We're booked for 7 nights in a Villa at the Polynesian. We would like to add a night at the beginning of our stay, but there is no availability to add another night at the Poly, so our only option is to book another resort.

Hi! I am here now and we’ve moved rooms a few times and yes they move everything and are happy to do so....the bell service people are grateful to be back and I’ve been tipping more then ever. I’ve seen so many bell carts being pushed by guests and not bell services and it’s actually depressing because they are relying on us to help keep them going. Btw, the poly was amazing and very clean as was okw, blt, and jambo house!

Hi! I am here now and we’ve moved rooms a few times and yes they move everything and are happy to do so....the bell service people are grateful to be back and I’ve been tipping more then ever. I’ve seen so many bell carts being pushed by guests and not bell services and it’s actually depressing because they are relying on us to help keep them going. Btw, the poly was amazing and very clean as was okw, blt, and jambo house!

Thank you so much for the information! Now my mind is at ease and we can book our extra night!

Thank you so much for the information! Now my mind is at ease and we can book our extra night!

We are doing our first split stay this December (new DVC owners), so I’m going to ask a dumb and probably awkward question - how/when do you tip bell services, and what would be considered a generous tip per bag? Do I leave cash on the bags in the room, or do we have to turn in our luggage to bell services near the lobby of our first hotel and just pass over a well deserved gratuity then? Apologies if this is an old FAQ - this site is so big and I’m still getting used to it! Thanks.

We are doing our first split stay this December (new DVC owners), so I’m going to ask a dumb and probably awkward question - how/when do you tip bell services, and what would be considered a generous tip per bag? Do I leave cash on the bags in the room, or do we have to turn in our luggage to bell services near the lobby of our first hotel and just pass over a well deserved gratuity then? Apologies if this is an old FAQ - this site is so big and I’m still getting used to it! Thanks.
We tip bell services when they deliver our luggage to our room and when they come to the room to pick it up. We are tipping two different bell services departments’ CMs. You must be there when they pick up and drop off. We always just hand it to the CM. We normally tip $2.00 per bag. Since Covid, we have been tipping at a higher rate bc the people we need to tip are taking big risks for our comfort. My guess is that for our December trip we will probably tip closer to 3 bucks per bag.

We tip bell services when they deliver our luggage to our room and when they come to the room to pick it up. We are tipping two different bell services departments’ CMs. You must be there when they pick up and drop off. We always just hand it to the CM. We normally tip $2.00 per bag. Since Covid, we have been tipping at a higher rate bc the people we need to tip are taking big risks for our comfort. My guess is that for our December trip we will probably tip closer to 3 bucks per bag.

We are doing our first split stay this December (new DVC owners), so I’m going to ask a dumb and probably awkward question - how/when do you tip bell services, and what would be considered a generous tip per bag? Do I leave cash on the bags in the room, or do we have to turn in our luggage to bell services near the lobby of our first hotel and just pass over a well
deserved gratuity then? Apologies if this is an old FAQ - this site is so big and I’m still getting used to it! Thanks.
I tipped 3 dollars per bag and 1 dollar per grocery bag. I also like the previous poster tip once they are done either getting the bags or leaving the bags. Have a great trip!

The bell service CM were the best at OKW. They always go above and beyond but felt this time they were so happy to be back. I had 2 bags and had grocery delivery and tipped each time as well as has them pick me up in the golf cart with my stuff and drive me to the front.

Yes good to hear they are still transferring between resorts. One less thing to have to accommodate while there. I am disappointed to hear that RAC is not available right now. We always rent a car at WDW, but not one big enough to cover all the luggage as well. We're going to have to pare down the amount of stuff we bring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter