Split Stay Reservation Dining Recap

cchevela1023

Turning into a darn Disney World Relic!
Hello fellow WDW fans,

This was my first time booking ressies for a split stay, and also my first time booking with the 60 day window. It was fun to plan, stressful to get through, but overall not as bad as I thought. This is a 5 year anniversary trip for my wife and I, so will be just the two of us. We are meeting some friends for the first 2 days for dinners. Here's what we are able to get:

Olivia's Cafe - Sunday 11:30 AM
Paddlefish - Sunday 7:00 PM
Le Cellier - Monday 5:25 PM
Ohana - Tuesday 4:25 PM
Grand Flo Cafe - Wed 6:40 PM
Monseur Paul - Friday 6:45 PM
Homecoming - Saturday 11:30 AM

In all -- we got everything we wanted at about the right time. Ohana was a couple hours earlier then expected, but we got it at least. Since we are doing a split stay I learned the following:

- You have 2 booking windows. Even though you are registered for both resorts, you have to book the 2nd window starting on the day you check in to the 2nd resort. This negates some of the onsite guest perk for 60+10
- I had to re-prioritize my list. Thankfully, for us most of the hard to get ones were front loaded, so the dining window for this morning was easier to deal with.
- Paddlefish I used Opentable and booked that 2 weeks before my booking window opened. If you are looking to book for several Springs area restaurants, check opentable first.

I originally had Homecoming on our arrival, but we missed the brunch period and it was for lunch. Thankfully, I prioritized that this morning and snagged a much better time. That gave us the chance to try a new place I had wanted to try - Olivia's!

The only "hard" reservation was Ohana. I was on at the exact millisecond and I was still only able to select 4:25PM. That's how fast they go, so be prepared!

Looking forward to this trip and a lot of new restaurants I haven't tried. Monseur Paul will be our anniversary dinner, so REALLY looking forward to that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter