Spoodles & Portobello Yacht Club Reviews !!!

Ron from Michigan

DIS Veteran
We just returned this past Saturday from our 2 week stay at All Star Movies. We sure did eat at alot of great restaurants on this trip. I will be reviewing 2 restaurants at a time. We arrived in Orlando at about noon on Sept. 6, so after checking in and everthing we headed out to Epcot for the evening. We decided to eat at Spoodles on our first night because it is one of our favorites and we love the Boardwalk at night. We visit Spoodles on every trip and have never been disapointed yet, in fact we like it so much we ate here 3 times on this trip. On our first visit we started with the Chicken, Roasted Garlic, Roasted Pepper, & Manchego cheese flatbread and it was fantastic just like always. It's cut into 6 pieces so it's just the right size to split. For our entree we split a new dish we had never tried before Orecchiette Pasta and I must say it was great. It consists of Chicken, spinach, pepperoncini peppers,olives, tomatoes & peas tossed in light chicken broth and feta cheese. On our second visit we each ordered our own meals and we both enjoyed them very much. My wife Tina had the Rigatoni Pasta and I had the Grilled Salmon. I must say that the salmon was the best I have ever had at WDW, it was great. On our last visit we split the chicken flatbread and the rigatoni pasta again they were both very good.

On our second night we decided to try Portobello Yacht Club for the first time and we really fell in love with this restaurant. After hearing so many good things on the boards we just had to give it a try. My wife had the Portebello mushroom ravioli and she just loved it. I had the Yellow fin tuna Filet and I must say it was the best tuna I have ever had. This is such a great restaurant that we will be going backl to many times over the years. The service and food were just fantastic. If you want to try someplace different give PYC a try you wont be dissapointed. I will have more restaurant reviews tommorrow.

Thanks for the reviews - I'm looking forward to reading the rest!

Spoodles is one of my favorite dinner spots, too! And although we have never been to PYC, after reading all the fantastic reviews (including yours) it is a must do for our trip next month!

Loved your reviews, Ron! I can't wait to see where we're eating tomorrow. ;o)

Pat

73 days and counting . . . again!

Great reviews Ron. Spoodles is one place we've never dined and I don't see many reviews of it. Sounds very good...thanks.

Thanks for the great reviews Ron. We will have to try Spoodles next time, we last dined at Portabello Yacht Club more than a decade ago! I think its time we go there again.

Spoodles and Portobello's are a couple of our favorite places to dine. I'm glad you enjoyed them..................I'm especially glad that you posted such terrific reviews. Thanks!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Ron ~

Thanx for the wonderful reviews. Looking forward to reading the rest.

have been considering changing something for spoodles on our restaurant choices so am waiting to see if you hated any of the ones we were considering! Thanks for the helpful reviews.

On our 3rd night at WDW we ate at Rose & Crown Pub and watched Illuminations afterword. We eat at Rose & Crown on every trip probably because it was the first restaurant we ever ate at WDW so it is kind of a tradition for us. On most of our trips we have really enjoyed there food ( we ate here last Dec. as part of the CL Package ), but this time we were not as happy with our meal. We started out by ordering the Mushroom Medley for $5.79 and it was very very good, if your are a mushroom fan you will love this dish. WE next decided to split the prime rib dinner and it was very dry and not very good , it did not have much taste to it, very bland. We will try R&C again I'm sure but we will not be having prime rib again.

We ate at Mama Melrose at Disney/MGM the next night and had a very good dinner. We ate here a couple of years ago and we remembered we enjoyed it, so we thought we would give it another try. WE started with the Field Green salad and it was very good, very fresh salad. We split the Brick Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan for our entree. It was very good, very tender and juicy chicken. The Capellini pasta was very good and the sauce had a very good flavor. I really liked the fact that they split our dinners and had them on two plates when they brought it to our table. Most restaurants we eat at do not do this. We did Fantasmic after dinner and what a great show it is, every seat was taken that night. WE will eat here again in the future, we really enjoyed it. I will be having reviews of California Grill, Boma, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Teppanyaki, Wolfgang puck etc.. in the next couple of days.

My wife and myself split a lot of meals when we travel to WDW because of how much you get for your portions. About 3 years ago my wife lost 90 lbs on WW, so we tend to eat less and try and eat healthly food more often. But even at WDW we had to break our own rules a few times ( well maybe more than a few times ).

I love that salad at MM too. Never tried the chicken parmesan though. MM is always a must do lunch for us at MGM.

My DD always orders the prime rib at R&C. Hope your bad experience is not a new trend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter