Spring 2011 Professional Internships

Disney_Lover06

Mouseketeer
Hey guys. I have decided to start this thread going. Who’s applying for a PI for spring 2011?

I am applying for the guest relations PI. I’m not sure if I’ll be applying for any other ones though.

I will be! Well, as long as they offer the Entertainment Management ones! :)

Applications go live Aug 23rd-Oct 8 for PI!!!! Aug 23-Sept 24 for Mangement

I would love to get more info on this....
I have read the web site and stuff but I would like to get info from some people.
Are there any in Marketing?
Also, I will be done with my classes this fall, but not actually graduating till Spring '11, will I still be eligable?

I would love to get more info on this....
I have read the web site and stuff but I would like to get info from some people.
Are there any in Marketing?
Also, I will be done with my classes this fall, but not actually graduating till Spring '11, will I still be eligable?

Lots of marketing internships.
As long as you are a student when you apply, you will be eligible. So yeah, you can apply this fall for the internships. Hope it helps! :thumbsup2

I will be! Well, as long as they offer the Entertainment Management ones! :)

FYI: they have only ever posted one Entertainment Management one (not parks related) and they didn't hire anyone for a couple semesters because no one was qualified. Previous Entertainment Leadership with Disney is a requirement.

Unless they are planning on creating a new role, I would keep your options open.

Im interested in the Management one, since that is my major, but also looking forward to human resource.

my only concern is that i have to look for an apartment.

Deleted my post, read too quickly and missed how you specified a Management PI!

Hello! I am very interested in interning at Walt Disney World for the Spring of 2011. I graduate in December, so that's really my only chance to do it. I did the CP in 2008, so I have that going for me. I am interested in anything hands-on and relating to Theatre... painting, building, design, makeup, costume, scenery, props, etc. Can any of you tell me where I should look for positions like that? Also, I'm not sure I'm looking in the right place for these jobs... I keep typing in "Disney careers" in Google and clicking on the first one, then clicking on "openings" on the left, then choosing "associates/internships" and "search". Is that where I need to be looking?

Thanks for your help, I really need it!

Question, for PI's what is the application like? Thanks in advance.

I would love to know this too.

Which PI are you applying for?

Management I think. That's what I have the most experience in. I think I'll be okay age wise. I just turned 31 today and I know one person was in their mid 30's last time. I graduate in Dec. so this will be my only chance to take advantage of the internship.

PS- if anyone has any of the information I am looking for, please feel free to email me at brigoveryou @comcast.net (minus the space). I am really serious about this. Thank you!

Hello! I am very interested in interning at Walt Disney World for the Spring of 2011. I graduate in December, so that's really my only chance to do it. I did the CP in 2008, so I have that going for me. I am interested in anything hands-on and relating to Theatre... painting, building, design, makeup, costume, scenery, props, etc. Can any of you tell me where I should look for positions like that? Also, I'm not sure I'm looking in the right place for these jobs... I keep typing in "Disney careers" in Google and clicking on the first one, then clicking on "openings" on the left, then choosing "associates/internships" and "search". Is that where I need to be looking?

Thanks for your help, I really need it!

http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/internships/disney_world_resort.html

The application process is waiting...a LOT of waiting. Be prepared for that.
This is for management internships, they are the only ones I interviewed for. I went through this process last semester and I am currently a retail management intern. They do change things quickly and without notice, so your experience could differ from mine. But this is what I went through. Hope it helps.

Some people will have to take an online personality assessment. The advice I can offer for this is be honest, but stick to the extremes. Try and stay out of the neutral answers. But give the answer that honestly fits you, they give these for a reason and if you lie to get through, you will probably hate your job.

But basically, you apply, if they like you, you get a strong candidate email with a request for an interview. You call casting, schedule interview, and interview. A lot of basic questions plus some behavioral questions thrown in. Do a google search for behavioral questions in your field, and practice.

If they like you, they tell you. If you get to the next round, and you are ON PROPERTY, you interview with your local Area Manager for the positions you are applying for. If you do well, you will move on to the next step.

If you are not on property, you skip to the next step. That is a panel phone interview. This one is tough and consists of nothing but behavioral questions. If they like you, you will know within a couple of weeks (sometimes longer). The whole process takes about 4-5 months.

Good luck!

I'm not sure I'm looking in the right place for these jobs...

Disneycareers.com, specify the desired state, and type in "internship" in the Keywords field.

Looks like about 7 at the moment, nothing posted yet for the Spring.

Question, for PI's what is the application like? Thanks in advance.

Unlike the CP, it's not an application. When you find a role you are interested in, submit your resume and cover letter for that role. Then you wait for a phone call or e-mail.

Couple tips: customize your resume for each role you post for and make sure the key words from the job posting are in your resume.

I'll be applying as well. Though I might be the oldest ever.:)

31 - definately not. My peer PI was 34 and I know there are people on these boards who are older in the program, and who have done the program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter