Spring Break - Last Minute Planning

I know, no one will want to go down and eat, so mobile order and eat on the balcony it will be! Which honestly sounds kind of nice!
That sounds like a wonderful plan!
Our only real plan we have for the day, is dinner. We have dinner at 5:00 at Homecomin!!!!
Yay for Homecomin’! It’s one of my favorites but we weren’t able to fit it in on our last trip.
The Peanut Butter Cake is only available on Wedenesdays and Saturdays.
I didn’t see that when we were there on a Saturday! I would have ordered that over the Toffee Coffee Crunch.

DANG, my mouth is watering looking at the plans for this day!
I know, no one will want to go down and eat, so mobile order and eat on the balcony it will be! Which honestly sounds kind of nice!
You know you have been to Disney a bunch when you know how wonderful this will be. A little quiet, people-watching moment. Now that I am older those are the times I look forward to when we plan all of our trips!

I also support rearranging days for a certain menu at Gideons! But that Valentina's cake...I NEED that!

You have my It's a Small World Loungefly! Ok, well, it isn't mine. But it is one I keep wanting to get! I love that one! Do you love it?

Andy went to the doctor this morning. He got some steriods to help with inflamation but said he was already starting to feel better. So that is good! I was seriously worried about him on Sunday.

This is good news!

Today's tinkerbell gifts are hats!

Oh my gosh! These are so cute!

And to go along with them, I ordered these. These were one of the first things I ordered and they are the only thing to still not show up yet.

I hope they make it in time. If they don't a slap bracelet works for holding the ears, just not as cute.

pJ]
53599720132_a8bcb01d58_z.jpg

This is awesome. I'm curious to see how many drinks they get.

Breakfast in France sounds delightul, and I am hoping we can get in line before they open, so we won't have to wait to long.

I did this on my solo trip and loved it.

Gwen says she is going to get the tomato soup and grilled cheese even though it is late.
https://flic.kr/p/2pEoJrQ]

This is Danielle's go to.

But we will see. I am sure Andy and Morgan will want to get the No Way Jose...
https://flic.kr/p/2pEr5c6]

This is what I want!

No Tinkerbell gifts today. I decided on none on the rest days. Last trip, the girls didn't get out of bed till so late, that it was silly.

Smart move. Makes park days more special too.

My plan is to mobile order from Ale & Compass for breakfast. There is a Crab Cake Benedict that I want to try!

I got this and loved it.

I figure the girls might want to try the Dark Chocolate Waffles as well.
download (4)

This looks really good too. I don't think they had this when we went.

Our only real plan we have for the day, is dinner. We have dinner at 5:00 at Homecomin!!!!

It wouldn't be a trip for y'all without Homecomin'.

I hope everyone is feeling better! Your trip is coming up so soon!!

Your rest day plans sound great. We LOVE Homecomin!

Day one and two sound amazing! I like that you have a few key things on day one, but a lot of flexibility too.
Hoping Andy's back improves quickly!! I love the PJs - I got one of those shirts for my daughter but she is wearing it to the park with a little skirt. Super cute! What app do you use to make the itinerary graphics? I love them!
canva.com is great for doing things like this, and free!

Good Morning Everyone!!!!

We have 3 DAYS before we leave!!! I have started this post a million times but prep for the trip is taking over!

We had our Easter yesterday. We did everything we would do on the real Easter, so it was a busy day.

But onto Easter in Disney!!!

Tinkerbell will be leaving out little Easter Baskets.
https://flic.kr/p/2pEMqYX]Untitled[/url]
I found these bunny bags at Target and technically they are crossbody bags, so they could technically use them today. Although, they don't close in any way, so not so sure how practical they will be.

https://flic.kr/p/2pELNj8]Untitled[/url]
There is an Easter shirt for both girls and a pair of ears. And I hope to grab a easter themed rice krispee treat to put in each basket.

https://flic.kr/p/2pELJ2a]Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 6.42.36 AM[/url]

Today we will be going to Magic Kingdom in the AM. And I think we will want to rope drop this day. OR close to it...
Magic Kingdom is open 8:00 AM - 11:00 PM today. So, extra morning hours are 7:30 AM. So, we will need to be up early. But hopefully after a rest day, it won't be too hard to do.

I am thinking we will probably want to get Genie+ today. use it a bit in MK and then stack a couple for HS later. (hopefully)

Last time we were here on Easter we didn't see the Easter parade. So that is a must for me!
https://flic.kr/p/2pEQMd4]Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 5.45.53 PM[/url]
From what I can tell, the Easter Parade is just an extra part at the beginning of the regular parade. In which case, we will probably try and see the noon parade.

Maybe we can grab a light lunch.... possibly egg rolls and stuff to eat while we watch the parade.

I assume after the parade, we will probably be ready to head back for a bit and rest, ESPECIALLY if we get there at 7:30 AM!!!

Maybe we will hop over to the Grand Floridian to see the Eggs in the lobby. But that will def be dependent on how tired we ware at that point.

Go back and rest for a bit

We have a 4:40 reservation for Beaches and cream. This was Gwen's request and she is very excited that we are going on Easter. (her favorite holiday)
Beaches-and-Cream-Grilled-Cheese-and-Tomato-Soup-3
Morgan and Gwen will def get the grilled cheese! And probably more dessert!

I went with the earlier time, as I figured we would be there for an hour and change, so we would be heading to Hollywood Studios around 6-ish.

Hopefully we will have a few LL to use when we get there. Hollywood Studios is open to 9:30 this night. So, we won't have to rush to get there but it will be our first time this trip..

Maybe I will grab a Slinky Dog in the morning. We didn't ride it last trip and I would like to this trip. I will probably try and get a Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway and Toy Story Mania.
Featured-Toy-Story-Mania

Slinky-Dog-Dash-at-Disneys-Hollywood-Studios-©-Disney-640x427

We do have a Oga's Cantina at 9:30. I liked that it was basically when the park closed. Which I had 9:15 orginallly and moved it to 9:30 when Disney extended the close time. WHICH there was a suprising amount of times to change to. Like almost all day! Is Oga's no longer a must do?!?! You could also book as late as 10:15 and maybe 10:30!

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 6.51.21 AM
We haven't been to Oga's in awhile. So that will be fun way to finish of the night!

Last time we were here on Easter we didn't see the Easter parade. So that is a must for me!
I didn’t know they did an Easter parade, that is fun!
Maybe we will hop over to the Grand Floridian to see the Eggs in the lobby. But that will def be dependent on how tired we ware at that point.
I never made it over to see the eggs at the GF, that’s still on my bucket list!
Is Oga's no longer a must do?!?! You could also book as late as 10:15 and maybe 10:30!
I found it really easy to book there too. We ended up cancelling our reservation though, so I’ve still never been there. Not having a guaranteed place to sit, especially with the kids, was a deal breaker later in our trip.

Park Day 3!

Today we will be headed back to Hollywood Studios.

Tinkerbell will leave some Hollywood Studio themed-ish shirts.
Untitled

And this is the plan for the day.
Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 7.09.09 AM
We have to switch hotels today. We will be moving from Yacht Club over to Wilderness Lodge. So, we will need to bring all our bags down to bell services to be sent over. So, getting out of the room this morning may be a bit hard but we will see how it goes.

Hollywood Studio is open 8:30 - 9:30, so early hours start at 8:00. We might want to try and rope drop Rise of Resistance, but we will have to see if we can get our butts into gear in the morning!
1219-galaxys-edge-wdw-rotr-stormtroopers
I think we can do it! I hope we can do it.

Depending on how yesterday went, will depend on if we get Genie + today. I feel like we probably need it but it feels like it might be a waste as our evening is going to be at EPCOT with Extended Evening Hours for Deluxe Guests. But it also feels like HS is hard to navigate without Genie+.

We will want to see the Indian Jones show, and Gwen will want to see Muppets 3D. And def want to do any rides that we didn't hit the night before. Sooooo probably another genie+ day.

We have a 12:30 lunch reservation at Sci-Fi Drive Inn.
sci-fi-dine-in-theater-00

This was Morgan's request. And I am looking forward to coming back here. It's not the most amazing food but I love the whole expierence.

After lunch, hopefully our room will be ready. We will want to go back and get our bags and stuff brought to the room and chill for a bit.
disney-s-wilderness-lodge

Extended Evening Hours are 9:00 - 11:00 PM at EPCOT. And the plan is to use those!

The main goal will be to ride Cosmic Rewind for sure. So, I will grab a boarding group at 6:00 PM for that.

If I get a Boarding Group for Cosmic Rewind in the morning, and we don't use it before the 6:00 drop of the EEHs, I can still get another one? has anyone tried this?
https://flic.kr/p/2pFm8S9]dusk-guardians-galaxy-cosmic-rewind-epcot-disney-world-1105[/url]

I am thinking we will want to get back early enough to grap a few more food booths of food for dinner. Maybe ride. a ride or 2 with LL that we have saved?

Maybe see the new fireworks show? But I have heard mixed reviews about it. So we will see. We might just try and get a jump on a few rides.

Our Second Rest Day!

After 2 full days, I am sure we will be ready for another rest day! I don't have much planned for the day.

I am sure we will swim a bit, hopefully enjoy the balcony and view of Wilderness Lodge. Probably unpack a bit....

Because.... the main goal of this day... is to get into Trader Sam's FINALLY....
trader-sams-grog-grotto-wide-disney-world

I figured this would be a perfect day for it. If we have the morning and early afternoon to relax, we can head over to the Poly to sign up for the wait list fairly early.

It says they open at 3:00 PM. I want to say they start a wait list around 2:00.

Maybe we leave Wilderness Lodge around 1:30. We will probably take the boat to MK and then the monorail? Or maybe we can time it with the boat from MK to the Poly. We have never take the boat in that direction.

We can get our names on the list. And then wonder around a bit. get dole whips, check out the gift shop and just enjoy the resort for a bit. I know we will have to wait some but hopefully not hours and hours. I guess we could hop on the monorail and see a different resort if the wait is really long.

I am hoping we can get in, have a drink and then maybe do a mini monorail crawl. I didn't really come up with a good "plan" for the mini monorail crawl. So, we will just have to play it by ear.

And I am hoping we can be back to Wilderness Lodge in time for the Electrical Water Pagent. That will be a nice way to end the night and head to bed at a reasonable time!
download

I still haven't managed to see the Easter parade either, but last year I did FINALLY get to meet Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny, which made my day!!! Hopefully you can bump into them, too, while you're there. It makes such a sweet picture and the wait wasn't long at all when we got there for the first set of the day.

I will cross my fingers for you that the Trader Sam's plan works out (and a monorail crawl, too, because why not!?) We've only ever been able to get drinks outside because the wait is too long no matter how well I think I've got our day planned. Good luck!!!

Lots of great plans.

The Bunny bags are really cute. Love all the shirts and ears you have picked out.

We caught the Easer parade way back in 2015 and the Southern Bells. I don't know the official name from them but it was very colorful and pretty. We saw this on Holy Saturday. Good luck on catching it.

I didn't have any trouble getting our Oga's ADR or even moving it a day. I can remember when it was impossible to get. I like you idea of doing it after close.

We loved Wilderness Lodge. I hope you get an excellent view.

Good luck with Trader Sam's.

Depending on how yesterday went, will depend on if we get Genie + today. I feel like we probably need it but it feels like it might be a waste as our evening is going to be at EPCOT with Extended Evening Hours for Deluxe Guests. But it also feels like HS is hard to navigate without Genie+.
HS rides are hard without Genie+! We did one day without it but focused mostly on shows and characters after the initial rope drop.
We have a 12:30 lunch reservation at Sci-Fi Drive Inn.
I am a Sci-Fi convert now! We had a great meal there!
It's not the most amazing food but I love the whole expierence.
Our party really liked the food, we might have had low expectations going in but we were impressed with the quality of our food there.
Maybe see the new fireworks show? But I have heard mixed reviews about it.
It's not the best but worth seeing at least once in my opinion!
We can get our names on the list. And then wonder around a bit. get dole whips, check out the gift shop and just enjoy the resort for a bit. I know we will have to wait some but hopefully not hours and hours. I guess we could hop on the monorail and see a different resort if the wait is really long.
That sounds like a great afternoon! Hoping you get in easily!

I am loving your plans and the fact that you leave plenty of time to be spontaneous too. The Easter bags and gifts are lovely. I really like the tshirts and how they link to your day and theme. Hope you manage both the Easter Parade and Trader Sams🤞🤞

I think your plans sound really good! It should be easier to go hard on your park days with your rest days sprinkled in.

Good luck with Trader Sam’s - I’m hoping to visit it, too! I’ll cross my fingers that we both get in.

I can’t believe you’re just a few days away! In case you don’t get another chance to post before your trip, have a GREAT time!

Guys!!! Sooooo.... Life has taken a turn this week...

We got word on Monday that my grandfather went to the hospital and it wasn't looking good. My sisters and I went down to visit him 6 years ago because we didn't think he was going to be around for much longer. But he was a stong strong guy! But he just turned 90 and he was struggling with Altimerizer at this point. And we got word that he passed away last night.

So today has been a whirlwin of figuring out plans. My grandparents live in Seabring, Florida. It's about an hour directly south of Orlando. So, for better or worse we will be in the area.

So, our trip has been officially extended. we are now flying home Monday day. So, we have the weekend at the end of our trip to go see my grandmother and family that is down there. Sounds like they aren't doing a service till the end of the month. So it will be just be a nice visit.

So, I went online to see what I can get for hotels. We are thinking of staying on property and just taking a day trip down. So, I just booked Coronado Springs in the regular rooms for the 3 extra nights.

And we are keeping it up in the air as to what we want to do. I'm not sure yet when we will visit my grandmother or if we will do 1 more park day or not. All is very unclear right now....

Which just feels crazy!

Needless to say, it's been crazy week. This will probably be my last post before the trip. I have ALOT to do tomorrow!!! Work is chaotic, I need to go see my mom again before we leave... oh finish packing!!! Speaking of which, I got to go do some more packing and find more clothes!

So, our trip has been officially extended. we are now flying home Monday day. So, we have the weekend at the end of our trip to go see my grandmother and family that is down there. Sounds like they aren't doing a service till the end of the month. So it will be just be a nice visit.
I'm sorry for the circumstances, but I'm sure your grandmother will be happy to see you and it will be nice to spend some time with family.
And we got word that he passed away last night.
I'm so sorry for your loss!
This will probably be my last post before the trip.
I hope you have a wonderful trip! Cannot wait to hear/read about it!

Sending prayers to your family. Enjoy the time with your family during your trip and visit with your grandmother.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter