Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

You know what, I'm not even sure about the 10 miler now, it's more likely that they forgot to update the location from the page for yoga.

You get an extra medal and an extra shirt with the challenge. More expenses for Disney = more costs for you.
But for Dopey it's actually a bit cheaper to sign up for the Dopey Challenge to run all four races and that includes two additional medals and shirts. So your logic there does not add up. It should be cheaper to run the Challenge IMO since you are committing to all three races.

But for Dopey it's actually a bit cheaper to sign up for the Dopey Challenge to run all four races and that includes two additional medals and shirts. So your logic there does not add up. It should be cheaper to run the Challenge IMO since you are committing to all three races.
I think it's been more expensive for all race weekends except MW and Dopey. Goofy is more expensive than just the half and full, Dumbo the following weekend is more expensive than the two individual races.

Is anyone else a bit peeved that the Ohana Challenge costs more than all three races combined? I think that's ridiculous.
That's annoying, as is the fact I naively assumed the challenge was going to be only Saturday/Sunday (like W&D weekend), and not all three races. I just don't want to get up that early three days in a row! I'm really rethinking if I want to do this event . . . .

Last edited:
Anyone able to get screengrabs?
That's annoying, as it the fact I naively assumed the challenge was going to be only Saturday/Sunday (like W&D weekend), and not all three races. I just don't want to get up that early three days in a row! I'm really rethinking if I want to do this event . . . .
Yeah it's because it's "only" a 10 Miler instead of a 1/2M so to add up to the 19 miles you get with the other challenges you need to do all 3

Debating if I want to try for the challenge or Just try for the 5k and/or 10k I assume it will be based on what friends and family want to do because I know if my Brother in law wants to try for the 10 miler in person vs virtual I may bite the bullet on all 3 again

I've done marathon weekend twice but never had much interest in Springtime... but my family is planning to go to Disney next year during my kids' spring break. When I saw the Lion King theme today I though "maybe I'll just check what the dates are"... And now I'm surely trying to register for the 10 miler. :simba:

Disney IT error messages, here I come! I'll try to register for the challenge since it's the simplest way, even if it costs more money

I've done marathon weekend twice but never had much interest in Springtime... but my family is planning to go to Disney next year during my kids' spring break. When I saw the Lion King theme today I though "maybe I'll just check what the dates are"... And now I'm surely trying to register for the 10 miler. :simba:
It's a fun weekend, whatever the route is for the 10 miler it'll be different than the usual that you get for MW.

Still can't figure out what the plan is there btw. Is it possible that they run the course from HS to AK? That would fit the theme, I just don't know if it's feasible on a few levels. Dropped a message in RD's IG asking about this.

The after-party doesn't seem included in the Challenge registration does it?
just a generic after hours from the looks of it and not an included event like the after party for wine and dine is for the half/challenge (if it was included it might of been a way to sway me into the challenge again instead of just trying for the 5k and / or 10k)

Is anyone else a bit peeved that the Ohana Challenge costs more than all three races combined? I think that's ridiculous.
Yes, this is ridiculous! They're just cashing in on Stitch's cuteness. Must ... resist!

I'm even more peeved that they teased us with Stitch and then only have him as the theme for one event. Grrr! That's okay, I'm totally signing up for the Neverland 5k!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter