Springtime Surprise Weekend (April 13-16, 2023)

This is only my third RD race weekend so I'm still very new at this, but I wonder if I'll ever head into a race weekend feeling prepared and confident and ready? So far, the answer has been no. 🤣
This will be my 10th “in person” race weekend and honestly I’m at the point where you think you know but then …

This is only my third RD race weekend so I'm still very new at this, but I wonder if I'll ever head into a race weekend feeling prepared and confident and ready? So far, the answer has been no. 🤣
I usually feel ok about the run training but I’ve never once been prepared for the heat and humidity. Especially for the spring races. I don’t know how to be ready for that.

No. It just gets to the point having fun doing it is more important.

Hey anyone who did last year might have an elevation chart? I know there’s a chance it will change. But I am trying to see what to expect with hills. Thanks

And yes I know it’s FL. They aren’t really hills. But everything counts in a racer. And I want to see it.

Hey anyone who did last year might have an elevation chart? I know there’s a chance it will change. But I am trying to see what to expect with hills. Thanks

And yes I know it’s FL. They aren’t really hills. But everything counts in a racer. And I want to see it.
Does this work? I’ve never actually looked for elevation in my app before, so I learned something new just now!
85F93A1C-FFBD-4B78-A314-AB88F6C06F66.jpeg

My garmin recorded 173 ft ascent, 171 ft descent for the 10 mile
DA5EA5DD-7862-440B-8938-DC7B0D269814.jpeg
And 85 ft ascent, 86 ft descent for the 10k. At last years springtime.
06ABDA70-4293-4D93-9A59-C976C1FB5597.jpeg

Thanks everyone! I had my first 5k in my racer today. (test race for Springtime, and well I got a lot of practice weaving through crowds so I consider it a sucess for the most part). And I hadn't checked the elevation charts as closely as I thought or processed them I guess. So trying to avoid a repeat mentally of going 'Ooh this is worse then I remembered.'

I felt very prepared and ready for Dopey this year, but I won't say that I was 100% confident. I knew that I had put in the work and every metric pointed to it being a success, but I have also heard enough stories about wacky things that happen on race day.

Having a solid training cycle helped me out A LOT in feeling good going into that race weekend. Sadly, I'm not feeling quite as confident about Springtime. I think it's going to be an okay race - I'm pretty sure that I can manage the mileage and stay ahead of the balloon ladies - but that's it. I've simply run out of time to ramp my mileage back up after getting grounded by my PT after Dopey. I'm also not looking forward to the heat and humidity since our weather is still stuck in the cold and wet pattern.

This is my first challenge weekend and first big WDW race. (I've done the EE5K challenges years ago and DLP's Half.) My question is....anyone else ever have a bad race nightmare beforehand? :rotfl:

Good grief...I felt ridiculous dreaming about something that's not even plausible. (I dreamed someone took my bib and when I showed up at the expo, the coordinators were like, "Tough luck.":sad2::rotfl2:)

I took my dream as a sign I've been worrying too much about the unknowns. My training has gone great, so now it's time to focus on having a great experience at the events.

Only a few weeks left!

This is my first challenge weekend and first big WDW race. (I've done the EE5K challenges years ago and DLP's Half.) My question is....anyone else ever have a bad race nightmare beforehand? :rotfl:

Good grief...I felt ridiculous dreaming about something that's not even plausible. (I dreamed someone took my bib and when I showed up at the expo, the coordinators were like, "Tough luck.":sad2::rotfl2:)

I took my dream as a sign I've been worrying too much about the unknowns. My training has gone great, so now it's time to focus on having a great experience at the events.

Only a few weeks left!
Haha, reminds me of the pre-wedding nightmares!! Always something wild and bizarre that could never happen in real life. 😂

It’s going to be a fun weekend. You will do great!!

I typically have weird dreams in the weeks before a race. The most memorable was being on the course without a bib and the course being in a strip mall. Also kept looking for a bathroom and could not find one!

Only a few weeks left!
Weird race dreams is a rite of passage 😂😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter