Springtime Surprise Weekend (April 13-16, 2023)

Also this is still during spring break season isn’t it? I’m wondering if that combined with the non traditional race format is making some people a bit more reluctant to register.

Because I’m going to the parks. But also I remember the madness of DL during spring break the one time I’ve gone.

And uh I’ll be definitely packing my patience.

So I have changed my address to a made-up US one, and want to go through to the payment screen.
1. Are all the races covering the same ground? i.e. they will all more or less run the same track? That makes the challenge far less appealing for me, if the route is the same each time (except longer)
2. Why won't it let me part pay with a Gift Card? I have one for over $200 which would take some of the sting out of the Challenge cost... but it says "You can't pay with this card" after I enter the details and press pay.... take it that the issue is spplit payments?

So I have changed my address to a made-up US one, and want to go through to the payment screen.
1. Are all the races covering the same ground? i.e. they will all more or less run the same track? That makes the challenge far less appealing for me, if the route is the same each time (except longer)
2. Why won't it let me part pay with a Gift Card? I have one for over $200 which would take some of the sting out of the Challenge cost... but it says "You can't pay with this card" after I enter the details and press pay.... take it that the issue is spplit payments?
It has to be all one payment type unfortunately.
The 5k will most likely be Epcot, the 10K will do Epcot and the Boardwalk area, and the 10 miler will most likely hit up Hollywood Studios also. So each race you will see a little more.

Ah ok. Well in some respects I'm glad the payment didn't go through.
No point running the same route 3 times. I'll just run the longest one and see it all, once.
Thanks for the info

16th is Orthodox Easter. Regular Easter is the 9th.
Ah that would explain things.
Also this is still during spring break season isn’t it? I’m wondering if that combined with the non traditional race format is making some people a bit more reluctant to register.

Because I’m going to the parks. But also I remember the madness of DL during spring break the one time I’ve gone.

And uh I’ll be definitely packing my patience.
It is, I just checked and my old school district has Spring Break from Easter through the following weekend.

Thanks. Have now tried 2 different computers and browser. Looks like I may not be running :(

If you are International, I think I’ve read (like TeaNaP mentions), you may need to use a made up US address. I think I’ve also read that after you complete registration, you can go back in and edit it to your correct address.

1. Look at the course maps from last year to see what to maybe expect. I just googled, and opened one of the first websites I saw. The maps are at the bottom: https://noguiltdisney.com/2022-rundisney-springtime-surprise-course-maps-event-guide-waivers/

2. I think your Gift Card has to cover the whole amount? Is there a way you can buy a new gift card and then transfer the amounts between cards at Disneygiftcard.com?

1. Look at the course maps from last year to see what to maybe expect. I just googled, and opened one of the first websites I saw. The maps are at the bottom: https://noguiltdisney.com/2022-rundisney-springtime-surprise-course-maps-event-guide-waivers/

2. I think your Gift Card has to cover the whole amount? Is there a way you can buy a new gift card and then transfer the amounts between cards at Disneygiftcard.com?
5k though last year was Expedition Everest. I would be more surprised if we went through AK again considering there are different themes.

And also have mixed feelings about dealing with AKs hills in my first RunDisney race in my racer

5k though last year was Expedition Everest. I would be more surprised if we went through AK again considering there are different themes.

And also have mixed feelings about dealing with AKs hills in my first RunDisney race in my racer
You are correct, I believe the 5k this next year (2023) will be in Epcot. You can probably google any other runDisney weekend’s 5k for that course.

Yeah I’ve done WDW for years so I know the Epcot 5k route pretty well. I’m just staring at that hill loop on the 10 miler with a sense of dread.

Because I remember how many correction my pusher made for the WDW Marathon 10k on that hill. Which means I’m going to have to take that hill very slow and carefully

Suddenly really glad we’re adding an anti tip bar to my racer. I think I’m going to need it to feel safe on that hill for me at least

You are correct, I believe the 5k this next year (2023) will be in Epcot. You can probably google any other runDisney weekend’s 5k for that course.
I think it’s a lock, the site lists it as the location. In fact, ALL of them are listed as being at Epcot, which would make sense, both the 10k and 10 miler started and ended there this year.

I think it’s a lock, the site lists it as the location. In fact, ALL of them are listed as being at Epcot, which would make sense, both the 10k and 10 miler started and ended there this year.

Knowing how poorly Disney proofreads its materials (example: Wine and Dine listed a start at both Epcot and the TTC for the 10K and half for awhile), I wouldn't take anything they put out as fact until the course maps are released.

Do I think that they are going to take the easy way out and use the same courses as they have in the past? Yes. But it could still be different.

Ahh, I can't seem to go beyond the first screen - what am I doing wrong? All field are filled in.

Is there any kind of "terms and conditions" that you are required to accept? I can't recall, and it may not have been a Disney race, but once I had to actually shrink my page to be able to see all the text and scroll through to the bottom to agree.

Well I was surprised to look just now & see only the 5k sold out. Even yoga is still open. Either Disney has priced people out of their races or this theme/race locations wasn't as popular as they thought it would be.

I suspect that it also might have something to do with the fact that it is the same weekend as BOSTON! My jaw dropped a bit when I heard that. I can't believe that Disney thought it was a good idea to choose the same weekend.

I suspect that it also might have something to do with the fact that it is the same weekend as BOSTON! My jaw dropped a bit when I heard that. I can't believe that Disney thought it was a good idea to choose the same weekend.
W&D is usually the same weekend as the NY Marathon. Boston is always on the third Monday of April (aka Patriot’s Day). I’m just shocked that they didn’t hold the races the following weekend so they could inflate room rates for a third weekend in April.

I think Star Wars Race weekends had been the same weekend as Boston before. Not everyone can run Boston, and it doesn’t bother me. I might enjoy watching Boston, but I’m usually at work, so I can’t watch it anyways.

I think they try and choose a weekend in April that isn’t over Easter. I’m not sure how they decide before or after, though.

It is I just checked myself. 16th is Easter next year

Also probably a good idea to get park reservations sooner than later…
Easter is April 9th, 2023 according to the internet and my calendar. Hope it helps 🐣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter