• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Squeezing 6 in a BLT 1 BR for 1 night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antonia

DIS Veteran
Is it possible to squeeze 6 in a 1 BR at BLT for one night? There are 4 adults and 2 kids ages 3 and 5. If I list the 3 year old as an infant (anything under three is an infant) I can book it. She will have a 6 day park hopper and the next day she is listed on our VWL reservation for 5 nights as a 3 year old.
We have had the 5 nights at VWL booked for awhile, but would like to come down a day early and this is about the only accommodation I can find that will actually come close to fitting us.
Also, how will this work with Magic Bands. If I load out tickets onto our VWL Magic Bands can we just use the paper ticket to get into MK on the day before out VWL reservation starts.

You can't. Occupancy on a 1BR BLT is 5 plus 1 UNDER 3 in a crib/pack-n-play.

You will need to book a 2BR or get 2 studios somewhere. If unavailable on points, pay cash.

popcorn::

Take it from me, from experience. Don't!! Lol we didn't do this at Disney but in Chicago. Op, believe me 6 people in a room is horrible.
We too thought " it's only one night"

1) remember 6 people have luggage. Luggage takes up space.
2) it is no fun starting a vacation with a stiff neck from sleeping awkwardly. Took me 2 days to bounce back.
3) Chicago barbeque, 6 adults, 1 toilet. You do the math.

Spring for two cheap rooms off-site or at the values. Everyone will thank you. Spend the early day visiting resorts, doing dtd, swimming at the pool. You'll be relaxed and ready for the parks the next day.

Nope, can't do it, not allowed. If you can get a 1bdrm at BLT, there must be two studios available somewhere. Betting this thread will be closed.

You can't. Occupancy on a 1BR BLT is 5 plus 1 UNDER 3 in a crib/pack-n-play.

You will need to book a 2BR or get 2 studios somewhere. If unavailable on points, pay cash.

popcorn::

I agree that I wouldn't bother because it will be just way too tight. I would see if you could get 2 studios or if the options are limited add a studio to your reservation.

Even if the baby was truly an infant I think 6 is pushing it in a 1bdrm

On one hand the space argument seems silly because a 1BR is usually the sqft of 2 studios, plus BLT has 2bathrooms.

For basically the same points as a BLT lake view 1BR you can get an OKW 2BR.

On one hand the space argument seems silly because a 1BR is usually the sqft of 2 studios, plus BLT has 2bathrooms.

For basically the same points as a BLT lake view 1BR you can get an OKW 2BR.

A studio in BLT is 339 sq ft while a 1bdrm is 809. So you are right because although the occupancy goes up, the square footage does not match that increase. If I had my way I would probably just add a studio for the one night.

It's the Saturday a week and half before Christmas that we need. You would be amazed at the limited availability to add that one night. I have looked for studios and we would need two. Been pretty hard to find two in the same resort. That's why in desperation I am trying to find a room we can all get into for the one night. Was wanting to use points, but may have to go the cash route and see what is available.

That's why in desperation I am trying to find a room we can all get into for the one night.

4 adults, 1 child, and "one under 3" will easily fit in a Bay Lake 1BR. They are very spacious rooms with 2 full baths. Even with the sleeper chair and sofa bed pulled out, we would have had room for a pack & play or a twin air mattress on the floor in the main room. Good luck!

You said the Saturday 1.5 weeks before Christmas? Are you looking at the 13th? There are currently 2 bedrooms available at 3 different resorts for that night. I understand that changes frequently, but check online frequently. If you want a specific resort then at least book one that is available and waitlist the one you want. December is still a long way off and it very well might come through. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter