SR - Purchasing Disney Gift Cards

howdyfrtx

Mouseketeer
Will I get credit on SR if I purchase Disney Gift cards?

It states under the gift cards/disney:
Unless specifically mentioned, sales do not include the purchase of gift certificates/cards or purchases made with gift certificates/cards. Cash back is based on purchases before tax, shipping, and handling.

I'm just wondering if anyone purchased gift cards and got credit for them.

I was just about to send out an email on this! It looks like Disney currently is letting us give credits on gift cards. Old Navy is, too!

Awesome!!! :) Do we know how long this will last? Permanent would be great, but I'm not getting my hopes up! lol :teeth:

All Right!! I am going to count my vacation jar and buy some Gift Cards and rack up those rewards for the end of the month special cashout!!!

mommyoftwinfants said:
All Right!! I am going to count my vacation jar and buy some Gift Cards and rack up those rewards for the end of the month special cashout!!!
Great idea! I have promised the kids they can take $100 each out of their savings, so I just ordered each of them a $75 gift card and I'll give them each one of my $25 ones and we are all set!

Here is what my smart friend did... She ordered enough gift cards from Disneyshopping through SR to cover the cost of park tickets for her and her daughter last month. She earned $17.50 in credits and took the gift cards to the Disney store to buy the tickets. Just a thought for anyone who hasn't purchased their tickets yet! Especially know that we KNOW they pay on gift cards. We were just speculating whether they would!

EDITED TO ADD... On further thought, these would be shopping credits which would have to remain pending for a time. Even if you are a supermember, they would pend for 10 days which puts it after the "special" cashout -- unless she waits to do that until Black Friday or the Monday after... ;)

This is excellent news! I will keep that in mind if I need to purchase any more gift cards for the trip. Great idea about raking through the change jar I think I will do that as well!

I just put my gift-card purchase on my Disney Visa -- every little bit helps!! :teeth:

Are the prices for the tickets at TDS any cheaper than at the gate?

I seriously might do what you guys are talking about, but we get our park passes at a small discount with the military. I would need to figure out what is the better deal: the rewards I earn thru Sunshine and my Disney Visa buying them ahead of time, or just waiting and buying at Shades of Green when we get there.

Robin -- You get the advance ticket price which is usually a few dollars cheaper than regular at the gate prices. Mousesavers has the prices listed on there I believe :)

Did anybody get credit yet for purchases of Disney Gift Cards through SR? I bought a card on 11/16 and it was shipped the same day. It has not shown up as "pending" yet and I was wondering if anyone's has??

There are a few Disney Shopping Credits that should show up by Monday. I place 3 orders and only 1 has shown up. Tricia said they shouls show up by Monday. One was for a 150.00 Disney Gift card.

Disney Shopping is now offering 8% back through Nov. Wow! I'm definately going to go ahead and buy a couple hudnred in gift cards now!!!! :)

Yep. I actually went in and orderd $200 this morning myself through SR. LOL! I figure that if I save $8 on every hundred and usually take about $400 in gift cards, that is a savings of $32. That is almost a meal!

I just ordered $200 as well, easiest $16 I've ever made! :) Now, do I want to go ahead and order more or wait...? lol

Soccer Princess said:
I just ordered $200 as well, easiest $16 I've ever made! :) Now, do I want to go ahead and order more or wait...? lol

What do you think about this? I actually have all the Disney gift cards I need for this trip (and won't need very many at all for our mother/daughter trip since we are getting the DDP and not budgeting much for souvenirs on that trip)... but I have about $500 on my Disney rewards card that I had planned to spend in conjunction with my gift cards. If I use the Disney rewards card to buy Disney gift cards I will earn another $40!

The only downside I can see is that *if* we have trouble using the Disney gift cards for any restaurants or shipboard credit then I don't have the Rewards card to fall back on. And if I get "too many" gift cards, I can use the Rewards card to pay on my June balance whereas I can't pay the balance on the gift card. What to do, what to do!

Tricia, if you're still looking at this thread -- were you able to use the gift cards for onboard credit on DCL? My TA said we could but I would like the opinion of someone who's done it to be sure.

The question about gift cards and the DCL is pretty funny. I actually had $600 in gift cards...but they were all $25 a piece! My husband went down and had them credit every single one of them. They said that no one had ever done that before, but there was not a problem with it.

It was SO awesome to know that for a week, we could put $600 on our shipboard account and come away with a clear account!

LOL! I was just going to ask how people are planning to tote all their gift cards around. I just counted and will have 13 $25 ones, 2 $75 cards, 1 $50, and 1 $500 if I buy it with my rewards card.

I am hoping since we are doing land/sea and I read here that the resorts are now taking the cards, that I can have them all put on our account as soon as we check in to cover our WDW meals & expenses as well as our shipboard account.

I handwrote on one of mine $50, as I think the rest will be $25 and I don't want to lose track! :rotfl: So far I have 6 Disney gift cards to bring on our trip, 2 Benihana ones, and 2 Rain Forest Cafe. Plus the Disney rewards card. I might do the rest of my cash outs with Disney Dollars, I'm not sure. I am sorely tempted to order $200 in Gift cards with the 8% back, but I would have to charge it and I don't want to do that.... :scratchin already did too much chargin this weekend with Christmas shopping.

I did do about $16 worth of income this weekend with just clicking thru SR first with my Black Friday shopping. :thumbsup2 Hopefully it will show up as pending this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter