SSR 7 nights with only 6 nights DVC Rental?

kermiebudge

Mouseketeer
We have a 7 night trip scheduled this October and will be renting points at a SSR studio for 6 nights... Unfortunately, the first night of our arrival is not available for a SSR studio per the rental site.

However, I noticed that there are studio rooms available at SSR on the Disney site and was wondering why that is? Do they only have a certain number of DVC rooms available at SSR and keep other rooms open to book as you would a regular resort room?

We were thinking (provided there is a discount posted at some point) of booking the first night through Disney if that's the only option. Does anyone know what the chances would be of being able to stay in the same studio for the entire length of our stay and not having to switch to a different studio after the 1st night? Not sure if there are dedicated DVC areas of the resort vs. booking as you would a regular hotel room...

We stayed at SSR a few years ago and loved it, so trying to squeeze that extra night into it :)

Thanks in advance for any information!

Disney Travel "owns" some of the rooms at all of the DVC resorts. This is why you can not book on points but they are available through Disney. There is not a dedicated section for the villas booked through Disney. I am not sure if you can link the reservations like you could if both were booked on points, someone else may know. If you can not I would certainly ask when you first check in if you can stay in the same room. You would still have to check out and check in but maybe keep the same room.

Thanks so much!

I guess we'll wait it out and see what kind of Fall discounts are posted...

Disney Travel "owns" some of the rooms at all of the DVC resorts. This is why you can not book on points but they are available through Disney. There is not a dedicated section for the villas booked through Disney. I am not sure if you can link the reservations like you could if both were booked on points, someone else may know. If you can not I would certainly ask when you first check in if you can stay in the same room. You would still have to check out and check in but maybe keep the same room.

Disney Travel doesn't own any villas. What they do get is villas from DVC that members have decided to use their points for non-DVC Disney trips like the Disney Cruise Line. DVC has to pay DCL for that trip, so they give Disney Reservation Center the villas that represent the points used for that trip to sell. Also, DVC gets back points from foreclosure and from Right of First Refusal when a member tries to sell their contract. Those are also sold for cash via Disney Reservation Center.

Points reservations cannot be linked to cash reservation through Disney Reservation Center. They don't "talk" to each other.

But you could put the reservation number on each of the other reservations to advise them that you are staying on another reservation. Then when you check in, you ask to see if you are blocked into the same villa for the entire trip.

There are some booking categories that are not available for cash though. Like Hospitality House Area at OKW. BWV standard (cash "standard" reservation are usually a points "preferred" location) is not available for cash.

Thank you for the complete explanation Deb&Bill, I put the owns in quotation marks to keep it simple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter