SSR Gym

goodferry

DIS Veteran
We just returned from our 10 day Orlando vacation, 5 of those nights spent at SSR. We booked there because my husband is an exercise fiend and my son is training for his senior year of football, we need a serious gym available to us and the one at SSR is the nicest on property. We were assured by member services and lots of other people that the gym is still open despite the spa renovations. I just wanted to let anyone staying there in the near future that that is not the case. There is A gym available, but not THE gym. The gym that is available is a tiny little closet with 3 treadmills, an elliptical machine, 2 small benches with free weights going up to only 50 pounds. It is in no way anything resembling the original gym. When we asked at the desk they indicated they were getting a lot of complaints and that they could let him use the gym at Old Key West. DHS said that gym was ok, once we moved to the Poly he used the gym at the Grand, which he said was really nice.

prettty sure he could have gone to VWL - really like that one - or even BWV

don't like the one at CR - like to at least look at outside

sorry he did not get his regular workout

Thanks for the condolences lol. I know it seems like a silly thing to fuss about but it was literally the one reason we chose SSR and requested a room in the Springs, so we were disappointed. Luckily we had a rental car or it would have been a pain!
We weren't sure about the rules regarding using other DVC gyms, and the woman we spoke to seemed to think you needed permission.

no you can use any gym on property.

the swimming pools is the only thing most can't pool hop too.

really unhappy with the new CM - they just don't seem to have the knowledge

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter