SSR Lovers and/or Owners Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi folks! We are SSR owners and will be home May 22-29th in a 2BR. I'm thinking we'll ask for the Grandstand- close to the pool. We'll have a car and want to be by a pool, but not the main one. And, I like that the bar is there:) I am hoping that we will get there early enough so that we can get where we want- here's hoping.
Anyway, hi!!!

We will be there May 23-28h. :yay:We are hoping for Congress Park or Granstand. Good luck and have a WONDERFUL time! (I have been praying for beautiful weather!)

Hi all, just changed my ressie to SSR for our trip next month. Is the paddock pool closed already? We usually request the Paddock but if the pool is closed then i will request another section.

Thanks in advance!!!

We will be there May 23-28h. :yay:We are hoping for Congress Park or Granstand. Good luck and have a WONDERFUL time! (I have been praying for beautiful weather!)

LOL Maybe we'll get the room you guys will be in. We'll be getting there on the 28th! PLUS with the same sections you want! :laughing:

What is the Paddocks Section near? Could you walk to DTD from there. I fancy the new pool but don't want to be miles from everywhere??

What is the Paddocks Section near? Could you walk to DTD from there. I fancy the new pool but don't want to be miles from everywhere??

Well, when you look at the map (here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/saratoga.jpg), it's a pretty good walk. It's not impossible to do, I'd think, but as far as the distance from DTD, it's not the best option.....the worst you could do is The Carousel...that seems to be the farthest. :confused3

That is a real long walk. Congress Park is closest, then Springs, then Paddock. It is quite a distance. As for the construction, the Paddocks is scheduled to get a new pool, but I don't know when the construction starts.

Put the walk to DTD from anywhere in SSR in relation to walking from the front gate at Epcot to the American Experience in the World Showcase, or MK front gate to Thunder Mountain, or . . . . Don't we all walk that much anyway?

One of the things that most first time visitors remark about WDW is how big it is. "The World" really is about space, and the many ways Disney has provided to move the people around to as many venues as possible in a single day: monirails, busses, boats, sidewalks, taxis, EVs, etc. I once read that Disney consume 28,000 gallons of Diesel fuel per day on transportation and maintenance.

Put the walk to DTD from anywhere in SSR in relation to walking from the front gate at Epcot to the American Experience in the World Showcase, or MK front gate to Thunder Mountain, or . . . . Don't we all walk that much anyway?

True....but at least those walks have a few more rides or attractions or stops along the way. We've done the walk from DTD to Carriage House to eat at Turf Club - well worth the walk. But, dds (8,5) could not handle the walk the whole way and I alternated carrying children on my shoulders.

That is a real long walk. Congress Park is closest, then Springs, then Paddock. It is quite a distance. As for the construction, the Paddocks is scheduled to get a new pool, but I don't know when the construction starts.

I think we have stayed in the 6800 series of Paddock and it was just as close to DTD as some of the Congress Park buildings, and right by the Congress Park bus stop.

I think we have stayed in the 6800 series of Paddock and it was just as close to DTD as some of the Congress Park buildings, and right by the Congress Park bus stop.

I checked the map and did not realize the Paddock was that spread out. I think we stayed in the 5500s, in the building right when you walk across the lake on the bridge. Everyone enjoyed walking over the bridge.

Here is just a suggestion, you could always hop on a bus and get off at Congress Park to walk to DTD. That wouldn't make the walk seem so far. :goodvibes

Those are some great pics of the Treehouses! :thumbsup2 We were there in the beginning of April for 10 days and LOVED IT! The Treehouses are everything they are supposed to be. We were a bit far from the main buildings, but once you get your bearings with the way the busses run it is amazing. Quiet, peaceful, on top of being in DISNEY, who could ask for more? :lovestruc

This is our first visit to SSR. Can anyone who has stayed in a 2-bed villa recommend their room number to us. We have been thinking about requesting either The Grandstand with a water view or Congress Park with a DTD view.

Are the 2-bed villas on each of the floors?

Thanks for your help

This is our first visit to SSR. Can anyone who has stayed in a 2-bed villa recommend their room number to us. We have been thinking about requesting either The Grandstand with a water view or Congress Park with a DTD view.

Are the 2-bed villas on each of the floors?

Thanks for your help
I don't remember our exact room number but I believe our building was 8800 in the Grandstand section. It was the building closest to the carriage house and right by the pool. We could look out our window and look right out at the Grandstand feature pool. It was an excellent location. We were about 3 minutes walk from the Carriage House and about 5 minutes from the DTD boats behind the Carriage house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter