SSR Lovers and/or Owners Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted a thread last month with some of our SSR pictures from the December 05 trip, I'll repost them in this thread for anyone who didn't get to see them. :) I LOVE seeing everyone's pictures!!

I loved your pictures when you posted them before - but I did not realize you had another son! Congratulations on the new baby!

I don't think I have much to add to those photos, but I'll try. For some reason Image Station won't let me upload anything. I'll try again later

starbox and liznboys your photos are breathtaking! ( and your children are adorable) Thanks so much for sharing. This thread is making me so want to be back. I can't believe it's only been five and a half weeks since we were there.

Count us in for lovers of SSR. Stayed there the first time Dec 1-8/06. Planned on staying at OKW in Sept07 but changed our minds and booked SSR again. We will be trying OKW and BCV in March though but SSR feels like home. The cm's were great, the location is good for our family and the resort really isn't as big as it looks on the map. A big hello to all of our neighbours:yay:

Wow!!! It's really beginning to feel like home in here.:goodvibes

Thanks so much for the pics starbox and liznboys! How gorgeous are they!!!:goodvibes Welcome Home!

Welcome Home BlakeNJ!!!

Bpmorley, we want to see your pics too so try again o.k.:goodvibes

I loved the decore at the carriage house this christmas, it was so gorgeous! I'll post my pics when I get home to my computer next week unfortunately...relocation.

Welcome home ont/ohana!!!

Great pictures Liznboys and Starbox!

Girls playing on the Carriage
DSCN1549.jpg

SSR Pool in the morning
IMG_1761.jpg

Artist Pallete Lights
IMG_1758.jpg

We bought SSR in 2004, we felt SSR would grow into one of the top resort. SSR got a lot of bad remarks on the board, but now that the resort is almost complete it is great.

Thanks mamaprincess for starting this lovely thread!!!!!:banana:
I have been a DVC member since 12/04..I have been home 4 times since I bought.. I love SSR!!!!!!.I first bought 150 points, but after 1st trip home, decided I needed 50 more...I actually have 3 trips booked for 2007:dance3:
I have never been 3x in one year ever!!!!!!
I will be @ SSR for my 1st ever solo trip (I am really excited about it) from March4th-8th.
I will also be @ WDW May 22nd-26th (but trying OKW, needed to be as point stingy as possible, as I wasn't planning on taking this trip originally)...
I will also be @ SSR Dec 2nd-7th in a 1 bedroom!!!!! Woo hoo:cool1: Promised my best friend, I'd point splurge and get a bigger room since she's only stayed in studios before...
Again, great thread, great pics!

Welcome Home Athenna, still lovin' yourself some Snow White I see.:goodvibes

Welcome Home Mikron!!!

Awesome Pics tomandrobin! What adorable girls you have!princess: princess: The morning pic of the pool is so beautiful and peaceful!:cloud9:

Have been DVC member since 2003 with points for BCV. On our Disney cruise added more points at the SSR will be staying for the first time on April 1st. We bought sight unseen. You guys have showed me alot :thumbsup2

Can't wait :cheer2:

:cheer2: Congrats ansky922 and welcome to your new home!!!:goodvibes BCV is just beautiful. We always have to visit there when we go to WDW.:cloud9: I'm sure you're going to love your first stay at SSR.:love: Post some pics when you return!:thumbsup2

DD and I just returned from our first trip to SSR since buying last year sight unseen. We loved it! We stayed in The Springs (room 3543) and it was great. We liked being close to the bus, the boat, the pool, and Artist's Palette. We even scheduled a pedicure for our last day there (spur of the moment thing that worked out!).

I ended up taking the DVC tour while we were there too, so I could see the multi-bed units and the Grand Villa (wow!:eek: ), and my brother could get a better idea of costs. He'll probably buy in to DVC next year or the year after. I said if he wanted to wait until the Animal Kingdom villas are available, then we could have two 11-month windows-his and mine!

I'm more than happy with SSR. I have another quick trip planned for June at SSR, and was going to waitlist VWL. I asked DD if she still wanted to try for WL, and she said she'd rather go back to SSR! Fine with me!:thumbsup2

Welcome Home WDW4life!!!:goodvibes

If all goes according to plan, I'll be seeing you around Thanksgiving time!:banana:

I'll be there from 11/11-11/23. :cool1:

All the wonderful pictures are making me homesick! I'll try to post a few of mine when I have a little bit more time.

Thank you all for the pictures. It's making a snowy Friday a lot better.

I bought SSR site unseen on a DCL cruise in Oct '04. I took a tour of the resort on my back to the airport after getting off the Magic. I fell in love and have not looked back. After my first stay in Oct. '05, I did an add-on when I realized I did not have enough points :lmao: :lmao: . I'm heading down in less than 2 weeks and have 2 other trips planned for this year.

I've finally gotten to the point of I'm not going to "Disney" but rather checking into an elegant resort for some RnR. The parks are a bonus.

We purchased SSR a week after our Thanksgiving trip(cash ressie) there. Will be returning home for the first time in May and already have Thanksgiving 07 booked. (11/17-1/23)

Since there are at least 3 of us going for Thanksgiving,
perhaps as it gets closer, maybe we could plan on meeting up somewhere to say hello?

I bought site-unseen in 2005 and "caught" add-on-itis in 2006. Have taken 3 trips already and my 4th trip home will be Tuesday!!! :banana: Can't wait! I've previously stayed in a studio and one-bedroom. Next week will be the first time in a two-bedroom... Besides the obvious beauty of the resort, I LOVE the location, especially Congress Park. I find myself, as I get older :rolleyes1 , spending more time visiting other resorts (for the fabulous dining options) and doing more of the "other" activities offered at Disney (such as parasailing, boats, golf, etc.) instead of visiting the parks. So, staying in Congress Park is perfect. Anytime I want to head to another resort for a special meal or activity, I walk over to DTD and catch a resort bus straight there!

After this trip, I am giving some points to some friends for a trip down in June and I'll be back home over New Years! I just can't imagine being at any other location :love:

We love SSR! Bought without seeing it (or ever staying onsite). Our first visit was August 06 and it exceeded our expectations. We loved the room, the pool, the grounds, the location. Here are some photos:

92108resort.jpg

92108IMG_4591_800_x_600_-med.jpg

92108IMG_4588_800_x_600_-med.jpg

92108IMG_4586_800_x_600_-med.jpg

92108IMG_4601_600_x_800_-med.jpg

We are staying 1/21-1/26 and cannot wait. I have a question some will find a little strange but here goes. The water looks very inviting for fishing. I know they offer guided for hire, can one sneak off and do a little shore fishing anywhere w/o getting in trouble?
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter