SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

We stayed at the Grandstand near the pool and we didn't find the extra bus time was more than 10 minutes. We thought it was perfect location.

How bad is the walk from Grandstand to Artist's Palette? Better or worse than from Paddock? (I think a lot depends on which building you get....so just assume we get the FARTHEST away one because that's the luck we always seem to have.)

How bad is the walk from Grandstand to Artist's Palette? Better or worse than from Paddock? (I think a lot depends on which building you get....so just assume we get the FARTHEST away one because that's the luck we always seem to have.)
It’s really not bad at all! Even in the farthest building. Certain buildings in paddock will be closer, but not all.

I think that SSR feels so intimidating until you actually do it. For me at least, once I got there and spent some time walking around in daylight, with a little help from a map, nothing seemed that far from anything else. Also, once you figure out how the buses run, they're really convenient for getting around too.
We put off staying there for years and years. Now that I've done it I can't wait to return and wouldn't be unhappy with any room location.

I found this video very helpful for requesting a room at Saratoga Springs
We stayed at the Grandstand overlooking the pool and it was a very quick walk to the Artist's Palette.

Hello all. Just booked a 2 bedroom "preferred" for the first week of September. We requested The Springs in building 3501-3836.

Is this a good location/building? We want to be as close to the main lobby area as possible. Does anyone have any recommendations for specific room requests there? Thank ya!

Hello all. Just booked a 2 bedroom "preferred" for the first week of September. We requested The Springs in building 3501-3836.

Is this a good location/building? We want to be as close to the main lobby area as possible. Does anyone have any recommendations for specific room requests there? Thank ya!
The 4101 building is slightly closer but it’s probably 30 seconds of walking. Request a room on the south side of the building if you want to be closer, however the southernmost rooms overlook parking whereas the preponderance of The Springs overlooks landscaping.

I would stay at SSR again over BW. I have now done two stays at BW and each time I came across as underwhelmed besides the location.
Slanderous,,,dont say that on the BW lovers post...you will be swinging from the old clown slide.....
And please dont say it too loud anywhere,,,,,us here at SSR love our resort and the ability to be able to book almost anytime

What is the size of the bed in the third bedroom in the treehouse villas? Not the master bedroom or bunk beds. I just remember it being small, but I can’t recall if that was the bed or the room.

Last edited:
I have admit, we purchased points at SSR for SAP. Low buy in and low dues. Haven't seen the place in person. I plan to visit on our next trip in Oct. I hope it wins this family over.

At SSR, Standard and Preferred refer to location. Preferred will be located in either Congress Park (near walk way to Disney Springs) or The Springs (near main building). Standard will be in one the remaining sections (Grandstand, Paddock or Carousel).

I prefer Standard and always request Grandstand since it's the first stop for theme park buses and is still close to the main building.
We just stayed in the Paddock area and I couldn’t believe it was ‘standard’. View of the water, close to the kids splash area, paddock pool was lovely with zero entry and food. Quick walk to main pool and dining. Disney Springs was a bit of a walk but that didn’t matter to us. The walk to the boat wasn’t bad. I’d hope to stay there again.

We just stayed in the Paddock area and I couldn’t believe it was ‘standard’. View of the water, close to the kids splash area, paddock pool was lovely with zero entry and food. Quick walk to main pool and dining. Disney Springs was a bit of a walk but that didn’t matter to us. The walk to the boat wasn’t bad. I’d hope to stay there again.
Before there was any distinction, Congress Park and The Springs were the two most frequently requested locations, for their proximity to DS and Carriage House, respectively. IOW, those two locations were “preferred” by those who made requests.

Before there was any distinction, Congress Park and The Springs were the two most frequently requested locations, for their proximity to DS and Carriage House, respectively. IOW, those two locations were “preferred” by those who made requests.
I just did online check in for a preferred one bedroom. My choices were: Congress Park, Grandstand, Close to Carriage House, Close to Pool, Close to Bus Stop. That is the current exact wording and it was the same for our trip two months ago. It does not mention The Springs (although "Close to Carriage House" may imply that).

This is for a cash stay, if it matters. The thing that surprises me is that no one here ever mentions Grandstand being the preferred category.

I just did online check in for a preferred one bedroom. My choices were: Congress Park, Grandstand, Close to Carriage House, Close to Pool, Close to Bus Stop. That is the current exact wording and it was the same for our trip two months ago. It does not mention The Springs (although "Close to Carriage House" may imply that).

This is for a cash stay, if it matters. The thing that surprises me is that no one here ever mentions Grandstand being the preferred category.
For DVC point stays, Grandstand is in the standard category. So, there’s a discrepancy if you pay cash, or use points.

For DVC point stays, Grandstand is in the standard category. So, there’s a discrepancy if you pay cash, or use points.
Yes, this is what surprised me, since preferred is often talked about but Grandstand never gets mentioned as preferred.
I realize this thread is in the DVC forum and so most here are owners, but even in threads outside of the DVC forum this isn't clear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter