SSR recommendations

beccawes7471

Mouseketeer
Hi-
We are renting a 2drm villa from a DVC member early January. Our crew consists of dh, ds (5y/o), sil, and myself. We are staying three nites prior to a 3 night cruise on the Wonder. I was interested in feedback as to fav rooms or buildings, or not so favs. We have not stayed their yet, so not sure of the most convenient areas of the resort, etc. Thanks so much! :earsgirl:

I have a strong affinity for the Congress Park area. I think the last room we had was 1101 and it was a one bedroom. However, the trip prior, we had a two bedroom. I don't recall the room number, but we had the most perfect view of the fireworks at PI each night. We were ground floor and in the middle of the building. What I like about Congress Park is that you have an amazing view, a great pool, one bus stop, and walking to DTD couldn't be easier.
Now, it's important to think about a few things before deciding on where to stay at SSR. If you're going to be using the main feature pool a lot during your trip, you may want to stay in The Springs or the closer sections of The Paddock. Congress Park and sections of The Paddock can be a long walk from the feature pool and Artist's Pallette. You'll also want to think about using the boat. If you'll be using is a lot, then you'll want to be near the main pool as well.

You couldn't have said it better. It's all about personal preference and what you need from a location.

I took a studio in Congress Park and it's amazing - great view, 5 minutes to DTD. Also love the quick rear exit from the resort when driving.

But others may find it too remote...

bavaria said:
... Also love the quick rear exit from the resort when driving...

That's my favorite reason for SSR. It's so convenient to leave the property, especially to go to TL or over to Goodings and Publix.

We just got back from SSR and were in CP. We loved the location but are 2 adults and don't have any kids to drag around. We especially loved the quiet pool. It was warm and the entire week I don't think there were ever more than 4 or 5 other families there (not an exaggeration). We were in the farthest building in CP and it was a 5 minute walk to the Marketplace at DTD (lit path at night).

It was about a 7-9 minute walk to the main complex and the pool. When we were feeling lazy we just hopped the first bus that came along since they all stop at CP then the Springs. DH and I will definitely request this area for any future stays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter