• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SSR sleeper sofa?

mom22boys

DIS Veteran
Has anyone slept on the sleeper sofas at SSR? How do they compare to the other sleeper sofas at BWV, BCV, and WLV?

We are renting an OKW studio this year specifically for the two beds, but our next trip will be with our two little ones and our two little nieces. I have heard others comment that the SSR pool is great for little ones, so I thought maybe we should consider staying there.

Our pirates and princesses thank you for the help!
pirate: pirate: princess: princess:

The sleepers at SSR, I think, are MUCH BETTER than anywhere else (or let me add, any other DVC resort that hasn't converted over to the type used at SSR!) They use that memory foam stuff, I think -- you don't feel any springs or hard bars under your back or such.

That said, not sure how they will hold up over say, a few years' time, but when we tried them last August -- wonderful! :cloud9:

gopherit said:
The sleepers at SSR, I think, are MUCH BETTER than anywhere else (or let me add, any other DVC resort that hasn't converted over to the type used at SSR!) They use that memory foam stuff, I think -- you don't feel any springs or hard bars under your back or such.

That said, not sure how they will hold up over say, a few years' time, but when we tried them last August -- wonderful! :cloud9:

My DS's 6 and 8 noticed the difference the in the sleepers at BCV and SSR. They really liked the sleeper at SSR. We checked in late and received a HA room and the Qn bed was so uncomfortable (much harder than a non HA bed)so I slept on the Sleeper and it was really comfortable.

The good thing about the new sleepers are, the foam is easily replaced (it velcro's to the frame) so they should hold up pretty well or be easily replaced without having to swap out a whole new sofa.

We slept on one at SSR in September and it was great. Both my husband and I said we wouldn't mind asking any of our family or friends to sleep on one. It was really comfortable.

Glad to hear this about the sofa, as it will be my bed on my upcoming trip at the end of this month. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter