Ssr?

CareBear05

Mouseketeer
Planning my 2nd solo trip for 1/06. Normally I always stay at our home resort OKW. I'm considering switching it up this time around. Any suggestions? I'm wondering about SSR because I like the spacious 1 bdr. and ironically enough my family is originally from that area in upstate New York. When I go solo, I don't necessarily spend alot of times at parks so I don't like to be cramped in a studio room. I've heard mixed reviews on SSR though. Can anyone help or suggest another DVC property? I'm so loyal to OKW that I really haven't stayed at any others. I'm going to hopefully book very soon so any help would be appreciated.

Since you are going solo, I can't imagine that the extra space of OKW is going to make all that much difference.

Why not give one of the EPCOT resorts a try - if you can get in. You might enjoy the convenient location and consider it a good trade off for the smaller accomodations. My recommendation is the BWV. In addition to being able to walk to EPCOT (10 minutes) and MGM (15 minutes), you'll be within walking distance of many wonderful restaurants. And the Boardwalk activities will be nearby as well - JellyRolls can be a hoot! IMHO, it's a good place for a solo traveler to spend part of the evening - especially if you can walk home, LOL!.

Best wishes -

If you won't be doing that many parks then SSR may be for you. Maybe a spa treatment or golf if you like . Pleasure Island, DTD close by. The quiet pool is very stunning at night. Nice hot tub. You can watch the goings on at PI as you swim. I would suggest Congress park building. It had a great view of the water and DTD. Being from NY you may enjoy the theming. I really like it there. It is very charming. Been there twice. I have been to all except OKW (going there in 10 days :goodvibes ) But that being said, anywhere you pick will be wonderful. :teeth:

CareBear05 said:
Planning my 2nd solo trip for 1/06. Normally I always stay at our home resort OKW. I'm considering switching it up this time around. Any suggestions? I'm wondering about SSR because I like the spacious 1 bdr. and ironically enough my family is originally from that area in upstate New York. When I go solo, I don't necessarily spend alot of times at parks so I don't like to be cramped in a studio room. I've heard mixed reviews on SSR though. Can anyone help or suggest another DVC property? I'm so loyal to OKW that I really haven't stayed at any others. I'm going to hopefully book very soon so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help everyone... booked a 1br at BV preferred view. CAN'T WAIT!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter