St. Petersburg 2020 Cruise

We did the 7-night two years in a row in 2017 & 2018 (see my trip reports) and loved every minute. But, in regards to the above I don't think we'd pay another almost three grand just for another night in St. Petersburg.
Where can I find your trip reports? Would love to read them as we are heading out on the Baltic cruise next year :). Thanks!

We had a great time when we did that same cruise last year. St. Petersburg is such a beautiful city that our 2 days there happened so fast and I wished we had more time to explore the city. We wanted to visit as many places as we could and the local tour operator we booked helped us create a specialized tour with all the places we wanted to visit. Everything was well-organized and we had the best guide! She was very accommodating and knew everything about the city. We left with so much knowledge and appreciation of St. Petersburg and we will definitely visit again soon!

Hope you enjoy your cruise and have a great time in St. Petersburg like we did!

I did a 12-night Baltics cruise a decade ago (NCL from Dover), and currently have Magic 8-night trip booked for 2020. Of all the ports in Baltics, St. Petersburg is the main highlight, not staying there overnight devalues the itinerary significantly, in my opinion. I wish DCL would offer two night stay, as some of the other cruise lines do.
I booked tours with an outside company back then, and would definitely do so again. With a smaller the group, your chances of seeing everything and avoiding the crowds are much better. There are tons of tour operators and a wide variety of offerings, as formal organized tours are the only practical way to explore that city, and the tour agency market is very competitive. It's just a matter of comparing the reviews and pricing.

My trip reports on Disboards are titled, "August 9 -16, 2018 Disney Northern European Cruise (Completed)" and "Twenty thousand or more steps a day (6/11/2017 Northern European Cruise)".

Hi, Baltic is one of those cruises you have to do at least once in your lifetime. 2 days in St. Petersburg seem to be a lot.... but don't be fooled! There is so much to see and do. Russia is one of those countries you either like or hate... I definitely like it and would return in a heartbeat. I just wish Disney goes there more ......
If you have any questions regarding tours, let me know. I think we did our fair bit when we were there. Almost needed another vacation just to recover.....

St Petersburg has so much to offer / see that one day isn't nearly enough it is a very big city. We also recommend private tours so you can customize a bit to what you prefer vs having to wait for 40 people to use the restroom, spend a couple of hours in a museum if that is not your thing, etc. We used www.travelwitheagle.com the reason we chose this company vs the others often mentioned is that they were willing to completely customize, some of the others wouldn't include the Faberge museum as one example, it was a location we wanted to go to and without getting our own visa couldn't just go off on our own to get there. We went in 2017 and decided on Royal Caribbean instead of Disney. For the time we could travel due to DH schedule Disney had a 10nt cruise and Royal a 12nt which also included another bucket list item for me, Brugge Belgium and it left from Southampton allowing us time to visit family in London. We ended up with a suite on RCCL for a lower price than what a verandah room on DCL would have been and two extra days, 12 instead of 10.

We completely loved St Petersburg and would go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter