Stacie's Journey for Weight Loss and the 1/2 Marathon Jan 09!

Hiya, kiddo. Congrats on such a great 5K! I think you did awesome - just finishing an event is a great accomplishment in itself. Keeping my fingers crossed that your certification goes through without a hitch! I think you'll be great at teaching water aerobics!

Hope you have a great day - keep on keeping on!

Susan

Wow Stacie, 14 min miles, I am impressed! Great job on that 5K, I think its just amazing how many of those you have successfully completed. :thumbsup2 I know you will get your certification, that is very exciting. You have come so far!

I really want to see that movie! Before I read the book, because you are right, the movies are never as good.

Keep up the good work!

Hey Stacie, I am off to WDW on Saturday, I'll try to check in while I am gone though! Keep up your good work.:thumbsup2

Did you get certified? I am betting you passed with flying colors.

I saw Nights in Rodanthe, I loved it, Now I need to buy the book. ;)

Hey Stacie!
I'm loving your modified training plan. It's going pretty well for me, though I'm skipping a lot of the XT. I keep being delighted when I look to see what the long run of the week will be - it was so nice having that 4 and 4 and then 5 and 5. Next week, though - 10K! Crazy times. Before you know it, we'll be crossing that ol' Start line. :cool2:

Hey guys! Finally checking back in!

Amy...Hope you're having a good time at WDW. Definately get the book! You will LOVE it. Similar story, but it's still different than the movie.

Corinna...Glad the plan is working for you. I'm struggle w/ the XT too! I've been meaning to try to get by your journal, but my posting in general has been lacking. Thanks for stopping by!

So...my training is stil on track. I think last week I only got in 1 of my mid-week trainings instead of two. I did get in my 5 miler. My SIL did it w/ me. We did well. Right around a 15 min pace. I was trying to upload the data from my Garmin this morning, but my PC was being tooooooo slllloooowwww!!! I got in my walk yesterday afternoon and and then I got early this AM and got it in today w/ my SIL at 5am! So, I feel good that I've gotten in my two mid-week walks this week. Now if I can make it for 5 miles again this Sunday. My SIL it going out of town so I hope Matt will do it w/ me, but we'll see.

My certificate has still not come in yet for the Water Certification. I hope it comes in soon!

That's all for now!

Thanks for stopping by!
Stacie

Great job on your training, Stacie!!!:cheer2:

I hope your certificate comes in for you soon.:wizard:

Have a great weekend!:hug:

Hi Stacie,
Glad to hear from you.Great job on getting the workouts in.I bet it is still nice down there.

I borrowed a friends Garmin 305 to see if I liked it.I do!!!!!!! I don't know about uploading stuff to the computer though I am not good at all with things like that.

Keep posting!

Linda

Hey Stacie! Way to go for keeping up with those workouts. XT workouts have always been hard for me...last year I always skipped them, and I think that hurt me in the marathon. This year, I only do them every couple of weeks, since I am substiting runs so I can do back to back LR's on the weekends to get me ready for the Goofy...but when I have those XT sessions, I make sure I get them in.

Keep up the good work!! You are going to do great in January!!!

Just reporting that I got in my 5 miles today. I got out there an my garmin was going dead so since I walk in my neighborhood, I charged it for my first mile and then came back to get it.

It lasted my additional 4 miles.

My splits (they are called splits right?):

Mile 1: ???
MIle 2: 14:37
Mile 3: 14:22
Mile 4: 14:37
Mile 5: 14:33

Linda...The Garmin uploading is so easy! You just plug it and most of the time the computer detects and uploads it. It's really cool!!!

Thanks for checking in you guys!

Stacie

Stacie! Great job on that 5! Your Garmin situation is one has happened to me. And on a race day, even. That was clever, to do the first mile without and then do the rest with. And then there are the times that I don't even remember to start the timer before I've finished the first mile. :rolleyes1

Your splits look great - especially that Mile 4 - either that's a typo, you caught a ride on a bus or you have a really fast sprint that I didn't know about. :) But seriously, it looks like you're keeping a nice, steady pace. Those Garmins are amazing, amazing machines. Did you get one of the newer pretty ones or the older, boxier style?

Oh, and I must say, that comment from hockeygirl has inspired me, too, on the XT front!

Good luck with your workouts this week, Stacie - not that you need luck. You've got something better. Determination. Commitment. Tenacity!

Thanks Corinna! Yep...that was a typo... Thanks for noticing. I've corrected it now. I think only Jack Jack from The Incredibles can go that fast! lol!

I got in my 6 miler yesterday. I haven't uploaded my Garmin info, but I did the 6 miles in 1hr, 29 min so that is just under a 15 min mile. I was feeling pretty lathargic and was struggling for this one. Last Sunday, 5 miler was great, but this 6...not so much. I did try out my new Camelback FlashFlo. It was great! Didn't move around, bounce or anything. :thumbsup2 In 6 miles, It was completely empty too! I did have what I assume are electrolyte issues around Mile 5 and then until I finished. It was warm out, I was hot and then I got chills--all over. This lasted until I finished and even as I stretched and cooled down. I was drinking my Choc milk and having a piece of cheese toast when I was down right cold. I finally decided to go ahead and hop in the shower to warm up. I had a pack of sport beans and Mile 3. Not sure if that could effect it or not.

My arches gave me problems too. Some times my feet are sore, my arches are sore, but this is afer I take my shoes off. This time, I could feel them during my walk and knew they were going to bother me. My left one was so tender all day long. Better today, but I hope this doesn't continue to happen. I had my new Camelback waist pack on and also a new pair of socks. You wouldn't think this would affect your arches, but who knows? The socks were thinner. My new shoes were on back order, but hopefully they will be in this week. Maybe this will help.

Well, I guess that's about it.

Take care you guys!!!

Stacie - you never know what little thing could change things for you - I guess that's why they always say never to try something new on race day! Or maybe the miles are just adding up and you're feeling it differently now because of the increased volume? Hard to know. I hope it settles down for you soon - new shoes could make all the difference, too, of course. :)

That does sound a little like electrolyte issues. I've had that happen before - after last year's Tower of Terror, actually - if you were sweating a lot, it sounds like you were maybe running low on the salt. I'm no expert, though!

Did you eat the whole pack of beans? I don't usually have more than 3 or 4 at a time - they are sooo chewy!

Stacie, I did have a good time in WDW, SSR was wonderful.:cloud9:

Great job on the training, you are really kicking some butt! So glad you got your certification for the aqua aerobics, that will be great for you and those taking your classes!

Keep up the good work, you are doing great!:thumbsup2

Hey Stacie! Glad to hear the training is going well. Don't worry about that tough 6 miler, sometimes we just have harder workouts. As for the arches, do you wear/have orthotics? I know when I don't wear my orthotics in my shoes, my arches are always killing me. Maybe try some of the ones you can buy at the drug store, they may help. And maybe your new shoes will make the difference too. Hope you figure it out!

Keep up the good work!

Well Hello!

So...I got my 7 miler in. The feet did better this time. Maybe different socks were the issue??? Weird. We came in right at a 15 min pace... Overall, not bad. The back of my knee was KILLING me by the time I got done though. ugh! It was so sore all day yesterday, but today it's better. Same thing happened at the Minnie 15K.

My new shoes finally came it, BUT, I wore them on the TM and after 15 min my left foot was numb!!! I tried them again the next day and after 20 min, they were ok. When you compare this version 10 to the version 9s I've been wearing, it seems the toe box on v9 is a bit wider. So...I've got a Wide on the way and I also ordered a v9 from a website that I finally found them...just in case these v10s dont' work... My feet are so crazy! So, I'm not sure if it's the shoes or the feet!!!

I think that's about it w/ me...

Thanks for checking in!

Stacie

Congratulations on your 7!!! That is so weird about your shoes. Why can't they just leave a good thing alone for a while? That's what I have to wonder. It probably has something to do with business, I guess. Glad you were able to still find a pair of v9's in case.

That's interesting about the back of your knee. I wonder what's going on with that! Glad it's feeling better already, though.

Hi Stacy, excellent job getting that 7 miler in! I really need to get my butt in gear, you just put me to shame constantly on the exercise front! You and everybody else that is;) :sad2:

I hear you on the feet issues, I really envy people who can buy shoes with no worries. Must be nice huh?

Keep up the good work!:thumbsup2

Hi Stacie,
How is it going? Shoe issues are awful.I feel your pain.I did find Asics 2130 that I love now I need to get another pair to break in.

Great job on the 7 miles.Are you a walker or runner I can't remember?

Were you guys affected by the tornado at all?Hope everyone is well.

How is Susan?

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter