stacy347's Dining Report Part 1 ~ ASMo & Tony's

stacy347

I carried a watermelon?
First stop: All-Star Movies Resort Food Court

What we ate:

Myself ~ Salmon Salad, loved it! It was very fresh, and the salmon was tender and very tasty.
MIL ~ Pizza, she loved it!
DD13 ~ Nachos, loved them!
DD11 ~ Salmon Salad, also loved it!
DD9 ~ Pizza, she was very tired but ate most of it and seemed to like it fine.
DD8 ~ Nachos, also loved them!

As a side note...MIL and the little ones thought the food court pizza was great...I did not agree and neither did my older ones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner that night: Tony's Town Square Restaurant (BTW, the menu here has been updated for Free Dining...my girls had their choices picked ahead of time from the menu on AllEarsNet and they weren't on the menu when we got there).

What we ate:

Myself ~
Appetizer: Spinach and artichoke dip served with crispy bread...delicious! Entree: Chicken Florentina...chicken was cooked just right and the flavors were wonderful but it was so rich that I only ate about half of it.

MIL ~ Stayed at the hotel for this and most other meals...the parks were too much for her.

DD13 ~
Appetizer: Garlic breadsticks with marinara sauce...she enjoyed these very much, they were very soft and the sauce was great.
Entree: Chicken Florentina...she basically ordered hers without any of the toppings except the cheese and she thought it was good, not great.

DD11 ~
Appetizer: Crispy Calamari...she loved these! I tried one and found them a bit overpowering myself (unlike Coral Reef's calamari which was perfection...but that's another review, LOL).
Entree: Seafood Pasta Diavolo ~ she said all of the seafood was delicious and even though the sauce was spicy, she ate most of it and loved it.

DD9 ~
Appetizer: the kids were offered fruit and salads as appetizers so they each ordered one of the choices and passed the fruit plates around the table...can't remember who ordered what at this point.
Entree: Peg's Pepperoni Pizza...said it was great, ate the whole thing!

DD7 ~
Appetizer: See above
Entree: Spaghetti with meatball (she hates meat in her pasta and I forgot to order it without the big meatball, so there was a slight incident when she saw that but once it was out of her sight, all was fine and she liked the spaghetti just fine).

Dessert ~
Adults: It is now served family-style and down to 3 options. They brought out 1 plate for every 2 people and on the plate were Mini Cannoli, Tiramisu and Amaretto Cheesecake. This was the only dessert option for us...I don't know if you are offered a different menu if you're not on the DDP, but we were fine with what we had and the desserts were heavenly. Even with 2 people sharing each plate, we still couldn't finish them all.

Kids: They were offered a choice of gelato or a chocolate chip cookie sundae and even though I don't remember who ordered what, each one seemed to be a hit. :thumbsup2

Service at Tony's was outstanding, we were seated quickly (we ate outside and it was just lovely!) and our waiter (Abdel) was right on top of everything! The courses did seem to have a longer time between them than at the other TS places we visited but we had a great view and we didn't mind hanging out there. ;)

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for sharing. My DH and I last ate there on our honeymoon 12 years ago and I remember the food being good. We were going to eat there this year but there was some other places we wanted to try first that we had not eaten at.

How do you mean that the menu was updated for free dining? Does that mean they are removing some of the more expensive entrees? Are they also doing this at other restaurants?

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the report. We are staying at ASMo and our first nights reservations are at Tony's. Can't wait to read about the rest of your dining experience.

Hoosier Mom said:
How do you mean that the menu was updated for free dining? Does that mean they are removing some of the more expensive entrees? Are they also doing this at other restaurants?

Thanks for the info.

I can't answer for any other restaurants (I didn't notice anything different at our other TS places) but yes, some items have been taken off such as the fried goat cheese appetizer (but they had garlic breadsticks with a very good marinara sauce which the DDs loved!) and the former list of desserts is gone.
Instead, dessert comes family-style with 3 varieties on the plate which was fine with us. We didn't feel like we missed out on anything and we enjoyed the meal very much! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter