stacy347's Dining Report Part 3 ~ Le Cellier

stacy347

I carried a watermelon?
To see Part 1 ~ ASMo & Tony's: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1202947
To see Part 2 ~ Tusker House & 'Ohana Dinner: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1204424

Part 3:
On this day we had chosen a meal time of 2:10 PM (ADRs obviously) so as to avoid a huge rush at the restaurant. It was still rather busy and we had a bit of a wait but I can't imagine what it would have been like at peak meal times!
Once our group was called we found out that they could not sit us all together (the CM I made the ressies with did tell me that they do not have the larger tables here but that they usually try to sit families at tables near each other). Turns out we had 2 tables sort of back to back but our 3rd table was clear across the room on the other side of a wall so the only time we got to talk to them was on our way to the restroom, LOL.

The CMs here are such a nice group of people but they seem to have different ideas of what is on the dining plan. Our server told my kids that they could get the smoothies and shakes for their beverage while my sister (who was directly behind us) was told pop, milk, tea, etc. but no shakes. :confused3 My girls had the chocolate raspberry shake and loved it!! :thumbsup2

On to the meal...

Myself:
Started with the shrimp cocktail ~ shrimp tasted fresh and the cocktail sauce had a kick as it should, YUM!
I had the New York Strip with the roasted Yukon potatoes ~ it was a very flavorful cut of meat and I enjoyed it and the potatoes extremely well.
For dessert I chose the Maple Creme Brulee...pure heaven from the first bite!! I kept eating it in tiny bites to make it last, LOL!

DD13 ~
Her appetizer was the cheese plate (she was sitting at a different table and shared this as it is a 2-person appetizer) ~ NOBODY liked the cheese plate...the group at this table are big cheese people and gave it horrible reviews. :( For her entree, she ordered the Canadian Rock Crab Roll which also came with cheese soup ~ she loved the soup but unfortunately the server didn't let DD know that it is actually a crab salad sandwich (it is not clear on the menu...just says Rock Crab on a buttered, grilled roll) ~ DD hates prepared salads and couldn't eat her lunch :sad2: .
Raspberry sorbet for dessert which got good reviews :thumbsup2

DD11 ~
Appetizer was shrimp cocktail...this DD is my big seafood eater and she loved this as much as I did. :thumbsup2
She also ordered the Rock Crab Roll for her entree but our server had the forethought to inform DD11 that it is actually a prepared salad on a roll ~ she still ordered it because she typically loves salads but was disappointed in the sandwich and would never order it again.
Dessert was Maple Creme Brulee for her also and she loved it!!

DD9 ~
Appetizer was cheese soup which she did not care for so I had it (my first time) and I loved it thank you very much! ;)
She had a hot dog for her entree (I know, I know...a hot dog at Le Cellier :crazy2: but it was what she wanted and it was vacation, LOL). Does a hot dog really require a dining review? OK, she loved it and ate the whole thing, LOL!
Dessert was the Campfire S'mores which she thought were just the best thing. :teeth:

DD7 ~
Appetizer was also the cheese soup and she actually ate some of it ;) .
Her entree was spaghetti ~ she was not very hungry this day but she ate some of it and liked it.
Dessert was the Chocolate Moose (this thing was so cute I had to take a pic):
c001i009.jpg

I didn't keep track of what the rest of the group had at the other tables but other than the cheese plate and crab salad/sandwich thing, everyone enjoyed their meal and I would definitely go back!

We didn't really do any kind of organized meal this evening...lunch was a big meal and we were so busy at EPCOT. I did have a margarita from the margarita stand (I couldn't make up my mind if I really wanted one and I kept hemming and hawing about it and all of a sudden my sister went up and got me one. It was the rainbow one and boy, was it yummy!!) ~ thanks, Sis!! :thumbsup2

When we got back to ASMo that night, everyone got something in the food court but at that point we were so tired, nobody was enjoying anything, LOL so no point in reviewing that. ;)

Coming soon...Part 4: 'Ohana breakfast and ABC Commissary :teeth:

Great review.....Thanks! I had the cheese platter the last trip and LOVED it(wonder if it changed a bit), I was also able to only use 1 app credit for it :confused3 I was hoping on getting it again, but not for 2 app credits.

We were also able to get smoothies for our beverages.

Great review! That's too bad that your daughter couldn't enjoy her lunch :( I've noticed that you have to ask specifics sometimes in restaurants..you never know what you're getting.

Thanks for the reviews!

I also really love the creme brulee here! :love:

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter