Standard Studios at AKL?

firstwdw

DIS Veteran
Looking to rent points but want to be sure I know what I am getting myself into. Thank you.

Where are they located?? In Jambo House or the Kidani Village?

What are the differences between the main lodge and the DVC buildings?
What is the transportation time to Magic Kingdom and Epcot?

Before buying our contract, we rented points for a standard view studio. They are found in both Jambo (the cash hotel) and at Kidani (the DVC resort). You can search and find dozens of threads here to explain all the differences between Jambo and Kidani.

In my opinion, Jambo tends to be "busier" in places like the lobby area than Kidani due to the hotel aspect. Both are great.

Bus time isn't bad but can take 15-20 minutes to MK (once you are on the bus). For some this is too long a ride. For others (like us, we dont mind at all) this is not an issue. This seems to be a topic that is very important to some vacationers. If you aren't comfortable with waiting for and riding the bus system to the MK area then an MK/Epcot area resort may be a better fit for you. If you just miss a bus and have the entire wait plus the ride the commute can be upwards of 35-45 minutes (worst case). For some this is a deal breaker. For others it is a chance to meet new people waiting/riding next to you.

If it helps any, we recommend renting points first to see if it is for you. We are glad we did. We did end up buying into DVC when we were ready to.

Looking to rent points but want to be sure I know what I am getting myself into. Thank you.

Where are they located?? In Jambo House or the Kidani Village?

What are the differences between the main lodge and the DVC buildings?
What is the transportation time to Magic Kingdom and Epcot?

Studios are located at both Jambo and Kidani. Jambo only has dvc rooms on the 5th floor. The whole Kidani complex is villas. The main difference is that jambos lobby is bigger. There is no quick service location at Kidani. You would have to go over to Mara at Jambo.

Transportation is no more a 15-20 min ride to Epcot and 20-25 min tow to MK depending on traffic. We love Animal kingdom. We have stayed at both Jambo and Kidani in the past. We loved our standard studio at Kidani is June. Heading back in Maury but this trip we will be at Jambo

At Jambo, some of the standard view studios overlook the savannah. They call them "limited" savannah view. but one month I was in a savannah view, then went back the following month to a standard view, and had very similar views, rooms right near each other.

the partial views of the savannah are nice - but far, far away from the standard views at Jambo House.

like the regular standard views at Jambo house better - because they are closer to the pool, restuarants and bus stops.

all the standard views either have a pool view (or partial) or partial views of the savannah.

there are big windows along all the halls - so you can see the animals w/o a savannah view.

We just got back from our first stay at AK. We had a standard studio overlooking the pool at Jambo house. To be honest, for us, I would probably always opt for Jambo house if given the choice mainly because of the QS being right there making it easy to just grab something to take up to the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter