Star Wars Characters?

seashell724

DIS Veteran
Despite being to Disney many times we have never done the Star Wars thing. This time my kids are really into Star Wars. I have heard that characters roam around and there is no set time to meet them. Is this true? I thought I had heard something about there being characters in Launch Bay. If we can meet them anywhere do they come out at certain times?
I know there also used to be a thing where kids could sign up to fight Darth Vader. Does this still happen?
Thank you!

Jedi Training Academy is no longer a thing. Vader, Chewie, and BB-8 all have traditional meet and greets at Launch Bay.

Galaxy's Edge has several roaming characters, I've seen Chewie there, Kylo Ren comes out in the First Order area to interact at a distance, Stormtroopers will patrol and troll guests (they're my fave) and sometimes you see Rey working on a ship. Vi (an original character to Galaxy's Edge) and Chewie also sometimes get chased by the Stormtroopers. Mando and Grogu are actually roaming around there today, which is a first for Florida.

If you have Memory Maker there are some cool Magic Shots available, one with Grogu and another with a Porg.

If you have a Disney Visa you can go to a Meet & Greet using your card in the Launch Bay, but I'm not sure of the hours (try after 12 but before 3). It used to be either Darth Vader or Kylo Ren.

If you have a Disney Visa you can go to a Meet & Greet using your card in the Launch Bay, but I'm not sure of the hours (try after 12 but before 3). It used to be either Darth Vader or Kylo Ren.
It's currently a "Magic Shot" and the hours are 11 am to 4 pm.

1677696624900.png

Thanks everyone! So Launch Bay character meet and greet is ONLY if you have that specific Visa card? (Which I don’t.)

No. There is a Visa Card photo spot at Launch Bay, but the normal meet and greets there are for everyone.
Ok. So are the Star Wars characters considered normal meet and greets or are they only for Visa holders?

Ok. So are the Star Wars characters considered normal meet and greets or are they only for Visa holders?
Normal. The Disney Visa photo (which is a separate spot at Launch Bay) does not currently have a character, It's only a "Magic Shot".

At Star Wars Launch Bay you can currently meet Darth Vader, Chewbacca, and BB-8. 3 separate in-person character meets, available to all guests.

Separate from that, for Disney Visa cardholders only, is a magic shot opportunity (so no costumed character/ interaction- it's a photo they take and then digitally add the character to it).

In Galaxy's Edge (which is not where Star Wars Launch Bay is located), there are roaming characters.

There is no more Jedi training (where the kids could "fight" Darth Vader).

The launch bay meet and greets are great. The Vader is amazing, interacts and is a little intimidating. BB-8 is a cool photo and Chewie is always a must.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter