• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars Galactic Spectacular or Fantasmic

LadyNia

Mouseketeer
DH and I will be at HS for a half day during our upcoming trip. I would like to know if we should go to the Star Wars show over Fantasmic. They are both happening the night we are going and I don't think we can get to both. We have both seen Fantasmic and I really enjoy it. It's usually on my must do list for a trip to HS. However, we are both huge Star Wars fans and would appreciate a star wars show if it truly is spectacular. I would like some opinions from those who have done both. I would probably book the star wars dessert party we ended up going that route.

I think you may have answered your own question. In the grand scheme of things, there's no guarantee that SW fireworks will always be there. For all I know they could be thinking up some Toy Story fireworks show for when TSL opens up that could take it's place for a while. On the other side of the coin, Fantasmic has it's own theater and I don't see that going away for a while.

So at this point in time, being "huge Star Wars fans," I would opt for the SW Fireworks (and the dessert party).

I think you may have answered your own question. In the grand scheme of things, there's no guarantee that SW fireworks will always be there.
I think I'm just grappling between the tried and true vs. brand new experience. My husband is no help at all. At this point he doesn't want to hear any more Disney-trip related questions. He just wants me to tell him what we're doing once we get there.

I vote Star Wars. Especially if you’re huge fans. It’s a very good, entertaining show. And you’re correct that doing both is mostly impossible right now.

Fantastic has barely changed in years and probably won’t for at least a couple more.

I agree that it's a toss up. We were lucky to be at WDW in the spring and summer of 2016 when they timed them so guests could see both. That was awesome. Such a bummer that they stopped doing that.

I loved the Star Wars fireworks and think they are definitely worth seeing, but Fantasmic is just one of my favorite things to do in all of WDW. Haven't seen the fireworks since Disney changed the timing of the two shows and now forces guests to see only one (which I will repeat, was a cheap decision on their part- when we buy tickets for the park, we should have a chance to see big close of day shows like these and not have to choose between them).

In your situation, I might choose the SW fireworks only because I had never seen them. But it is a bummer to buy a HS ticket and miss what is the best attraction by far at the park.

Haven't seen the fireworks since Disney changed the timing of the two shows and now forces guests to see only one (which I will repeat, was a cheap decision on their part-

There ARE some nights when the start-times are scheduled to allow guests to see both shows.

But, on nights when F! runs before SW, if they timed the shows so that 8,000 exiting guests from F! tried to grab a spot to see
the SW fireworks in a viewing area that can hold only about 3500 guests...

Star wars. If you have extra money to spend then do the dessert party.

The star wars show is great and being star wars fans you guys will love it.

That and HEA are tied imo for best Disney nighttime show

My vote is for Star Wars. I am not into the Star Wars franchise (have not seen any of the movies although my kids love them) and still adore the show. It is tied with HEA as my favorite nighttime entertainment. There is something about the music, the lights, and fireworks in the Star Wars show that draws me in every single trip. We see the Star Wars show at least two times per trip!

If you are into Star Wars, I would not skip it!

It really is a bummer we can't do both and we probably won't visit again for a couple of years. I hadn't considered that the option to watch the star wars show might not be available the next time we visit. I'm now definitely leaning towards going to the star wars show.
Thanks everyone!

We are huge SW fans, and found the SW to be our favourite of all the night shows, other than (equal to) HEA. If you have already seen Fantasmic, it shouldn't even be a question, IMO. Especially if doing the dessert party, that was such a fun night.

There ARE some nights when the start-times are scheduled to allow guests to see both shows.

But, on nights when F! runs before SW, if they timed the shows so that 8,000 exiting guests from F! tried to grab a spot to see
the SW fireworks in a viewing area that can hold only about 3500 guests...

On the nights they run them when guests can see both, what it is that makes that work on those nights and not others?

Star Wars first, then Fantasmic!
When they did it previously, we watched Fantasmic first then had ten minutes to find a spot for the fireworks. Easily found a great spot. Seemed to wok that night.

But if it only works now with Fantasmic after, then they should schedule Fantasmic after. I would think it would be the same number of people regardless.

Not to hijack the thread, but my question is similar. We have a F! dining package for Mama Melrose on a night in December that Fantasmic is at 7. We also have the SW Galactic dessert party booked, arrival time is set for 7:30, show is at 9. I have a kid using a wheelchair and we wanted a great view for him as he is a Star Wars fan. Should we skip Fantasmic? Leave early? Have seen it many times and would keep the dining package anyway for the included appetizer ;)

When they did it previously, we watched Fantasmic first then had ten minutes to find a spot for the fireworks. Easily found a great spot. Seemed to wok that night.

When was this?
Where did you stand for the SW Fireworks?

We also have the SW Galactic dessert party booked, arrival time is set for 7:30, show is at 9. I have a kid using a wheelchair and we wanted a great view for him as he is a Star Wars fan.
Maybe I'm not understanding this, but the SW dessert party includes watching SWaGS from a VIP viewing area after the party. He'll be at the front of the viewing area.

When was this?
Where did you stand for the SW Fireworks?
Pretty sure it was February 2016. Could have been in April of 2016, but since we made several 2016 trips, they could be running together. I think by our July trip they were no longer running them back to back. I'm sure in September of that year the shows were only running concurrently and not consecutively.

We came from Fantasmic and walked up to the front where the stage was. We were to the right, if you are facing the stage. Easy to get there because walking paths were clear. No one in front of us except a CM. We were in a designated viewing area within the tape.

That may have been before the big screens were added. Didn't they have a simple version of the fireworks before they added the screens? I have video of the fireworks with Star Wars music in February of 2016, but that could have been before they called it A Galactic Spectacular.

Pretty sure that night they also had two performances of Fantasmic, and that could have made the difference. I think we went to the first performance of Fantasmic at 7 then saw the fireworks. I think there was another Fantasmic at 8:30.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter