STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

Does anyone know if there are issues with the Galactic Starcruiser reservation number? I’ve been trying to make reservations for the past three days but all I get is an automated message that they cannot accept any more calls. Super frustrating and unprofessional to not have an option to get a call back.

Are you saying that you were able to set up multiple Play Disney accounts using the same email address?
Since my kids are under 13, when I went through the set up, it asked for their dates of birth then asked me to provide my email address to approve accounts for them. So they each have their own username/passwords for each account but didn't give me the option to add an email address for them. Then when I logged in under each account, it asked to link a GS reservation to which I matched up each account to the corresponding kid on the reservation.

Does anyone know if there are issues with the Galactic Starcruiser reservation number? I’ve been trying to make reservations for the past three days but all I get is an automated message that they cannot accept any more calls. Super frustrating and unprofessional to not have an option to get a call back.
I got that yesterday morning around 9:30, then called back a couple hours later and got through.

The last time I used the main GS reservations line [(407) 939-1800] I was able to get through on 3/3/22 when I started my call early in the morning. The time previous to that, I tried calling after I got off work in the evening and it was nothing but "cannot accept any more calls" all night long. According to my call log on 3/3, I started the phone call at 7:38am (luckily it was my day off) and went about doing chores for about 1.5 hours before I got ahold of someone. Then I called again later that day at 10:01am because I wanted to add something onto my reservation and that phone call took 2.5 hours to get through.

As was previously mentioned some pages back, there is another number that I think is a member services line for GS: (407) 939-4243. When I tried calling that one with a question about an existing reservation, I was only on hold for 20 minutes calling at 9:43pm.

We are going next week - we are on the Fantasy 3/12-19 then GS 3/19-21. We paid for Disney transfers from DCL to WDW, but those don't (yet?) include an option to go to GS. So they are going to drop us off at Art of Animation, and told us to take an uber from there. It will be ~9am, so we can't even check in.

We were planning to go to Disney Springs until it's time to check in, but of course there's a luggage issue along with transportation. Which seems most feasible -

(a) DCL - Art of animation (prepaid), ask for the resorts to transfer the luggage (?? is this a thing??), bus from art of animation to Disney springs, back to GS at 1pm
(b) The official solution - DCL - Art of Animation (prepaid), uber to GS (we pay), drop off luggage, bus from GS to DS and back
(c) screw it, hire a car from port canavarel direct to GS, hope for a refund of the transfer cost.
(d) keep whining, eventually they'll solve this for us?

UNRELATED: For those of you who have been, if you only have one costume (because, for example, youre spending the prior week on an actual cruise, LOL), which is the "better" day to wear it -- check in day or Galaxy's Edge day?

I’d choose D. For the amount of money you’re giving Disney between the cruise and the Starcruiser, they can figure it out. Otherwise A. Supposedly the Disney resorts will transfer luggage. Though I’d be worried that AoA would say you’re not a guest, so no transfer, no matter what DCL said.

Wear it both days. If you’re worried about getting too sweaty, wear regular clothes to Batuu then change once you get back.

Last edited:
We are going next week - we are on the Fantasy 3/12-19 then GS 3/19-21. We paid for Disney transfers from DCL to WDW, but those don't (yet?) include an option to go to GS. So they are going to drop us off at Art of Animation, and told us to take an uber from there. It will be ~9am, so we can't even check in.

We were planning to go to Disney Springs until it's time to check in, but of course there's a luggage issue along with transportation. Which seems most feasible -

(a) DCL - Art of animation (prepaid), ask for the resorts to transfer the luggage (?? is this a thing??), bus from art of animation to Disney springs, back to GS at 1pm
(b) The official solution - DCL - Art of Animation (prepaid), uber to GS (we pay), drop off luggage, bus from GS to DS and back
(c) screw it, hire a car from port canavarel direct to GS, hope for a refund of the transfer cost.
(d) keep whining, eventually they'll solve this for us?

UNRELATED: For those of you who have been, if you only have one costume (because, for example, youre spending the prior week on an actual cruise, LOL), which is the "better" day to wear it -- check in day or Galaxy's Edge day?

Unless you want to go to Disney Springs, why not just hang out at Art of Animation, and then Uber from there to GS with your luggage?

For like 3 hours? What would we do? (Genuine question, I know nothing about it)
Does it have to be AoA? Why not get dropped off at AK lodge for animal spotting or a resort with free activities. Pick a resort on the monorail line and ride the boat to MK or a trip to EPCOT. Considering bus transportation from AoA to DS, 3 hours doesn't get you a lot of time at DS either.

We are in a similar situation and spending time before check in/after check out at the Poly. We have AP's and can drop into MK for a snack.

You can probably take up an hour walking around the resort and taking pictures of the different areas (Cars, Nemo, Lion King, The Little Mermaid.) They’ve got very cool looking statues and decor for each area. Otherwise you can take the skyliner to the Caribbean Beach resort or Riviera. CBR has small beaches by the waters edge with hammocks, and my kids enjoy playing in the sand. Riviera is a beautiful resort in general (love the mosaics.)

We’re going to be costume light (although enough to mix/match some basic things over two days and hope my kids don’t spill anything on themselves), but we’ve decided we want to be wearing outfits upon arrival. Just seems like part of the overall arrival vibe so we want to play the part. And for the life of me I cannot believe I just typed out those two sentences in regards to a WDW vacation, but that’s our plan!

Although day 2 is probably the ‘better’ day if really outfit restricted, I’m guessing.

The last time I used the main GS reservations line [(407) 939-1800] I was able to get through on 3/3/22 when I started my call early in the morning. The time previous to that, I tried calling after I got off work in the evening and it was nothing but "cannot accept any more calls" all night long. According to my call log on 3/3, I started the phone call at 7:38am (luckily it was my day off) and went about doing chores for about 1.5 hours before I got ahold of someone. Then I called again later that day at 10:01am because I wanted to add something onto my reservation and that phone call took 2.5 hours to get through.

As was previously mentioned some pages back, there is another number that I think is a member services line for GS: (407) 939-4243. When I tried calling that one with a question about an existing reservation, I was only on hold for 20 minutes calling at 9:43pm.
Of course, right after I posted I called again and got in. Waited close to two hours, but I’m now booked! The Fam is stoked.

They did provide the alternate number listed above that is supposed to be easier to get through on. The cast member mentioned they are receiving a LOT of informational calls regarding the experience in addition to folks really seeking to make reservations. Seems like there’s a fair amount of demand, so that‘s hopeful.

Now I have to avoid any spoilers by not watching any YouTube reviews. 😆

Regarding how to spend time at Art of Animation:

This thread has the resort activity flyers:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/monthly-resort-recreation-calendars.3871996/
Before leaving AOA to kill time at Disney Springs, I would want to know how much time I would be spending on the bus there and back. I'm not a big fan of Disney Springs. I think I personally would be happier eating, relaxing and looking around at AOA . From what I've read, your time on the Galactic Starcruiser will be busy and hectic. No point in exerting energy at Disney Springs unless that would make you happy.

I was able to get through this evening. I called around 7pm, was on hold for around 90 minutes, and probably took a little under 30 minutes to complete the reservation (I did check pricing on 4 or 5 dates). All booked on the December 30th space cruise, followed by 2 back-to-backs on the Wish on January 2nd!

Anyone have any lightweight costume ideas for SWGS? If/When I go, I really want to go full LARP BUT I also tend to run really hot so a costume that's more lightweight and simple would be good for me but I can't think of anything. Any ideas?

I’d choose D.

It is, absolutely, D. You are coming off a Disney boat onto a Disney bus to pay them $5000 for 46 hours of a Disney hotel and they're telling you to DIY getting to said hotel?

I regularly hear about how important "the last mile of customer service" is and this.... this ain't it.

I'd be very polite to the front line GC staff and work my way up the chain pointing out exactly how much I was paying for this and that you having to float even a $10 Uber ride is pretty stupid.

I would call up DCL right now and say you need that cruise bus to drop you off at the Galactic Starcruiser so you can drop your luggage there. No way should they be telling you to go to another resort and get yourself over to the GSC. Even Mears is going there (just booked it)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter