STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

Recently back to my home planet. I’ll do a better review at some point later, but just wanted to quickly post that IMHO that was absolutely a fantastic experience…way beyond expectations. All of us (2 adults, kids 11 & 7) had a total blast. It’s hard to define “worth” as it’s so subjective, but that was easily some of the best $ I’ve spent at WDW in awhile. I’m frankly shocked I’m saying that as we’re not really Star Wars fans (it’s not that we’re not fans, just not the type that can recite canon), and I barely know what LARP means, but I do like fun experiences and entertainment (which is why we like destinations like WDW in the first place), and this was exactly that - tons of fun and incredibly entertaining. Oddly enough all four of us agree we would do it again at some point in the future.

Had not really followed reviews or spoilers so frankly walked in with an open mind to somewhat skeptical (hard not to be at the price), but the experience absolutely worked well for us. It’s really hard to even articulate as it touches on so many emotions and experiences. We’ve all been sitting here this morning talking about all the fun things that transpired over the journey.

That’s my quick take, for what it’s worth. Happy to answer any questions.

I was wondering if anyone here has booked 4 adults in the standard cabin and wouldn't mind sharing the price? My husband and I and another couple are thinking about sharing the standard cabin. We know it'll be tight, so we'd like to get a better idea of how much we'd be saving without spending a few hours on the phone first. It looks like the website posts the price for, at most, 3 adults, 1 child.

I was wondering if anyone here has booked 4 adults in the standard cabin and wouldn't mind sharing the price? My husband and I and another couple are thinking about sharing the standard cabin. We know it'll be tight, so we'd like to get a better idea of how much we'd be saving without spending a few hours on the phone first. It looks like the website posts the price for, at most, 3 adults, 1 child.
I had a quote for a weekend rate end of July for 4 adults and I believe it was around $6,600. Not exact, but that should give you a good idea of cost. For reference, a Galaxy Suite was about $1,200 more.

I thought my hubby would be all for this! However, when I told him it wasn't limited to say 12+, he said no way would he spend that kind of money, to have it be ruined by little kids having Disney melt downs.

I would pay obscene amounts of money for Adult Only Days at WDW or the GS.

Kids potentially having melt downs just seems par for the course to me IMO, but I can see why others may not share that same point of view.
I'm concerned that if we did this experience with our 10 year old kiddo (who still can have some doozy meltdowns) we'd have to worry about others being upset by kids being kids and the price point just makes the stress all the higher. I would certainly rather be on a voyage with other families or adults who are tolerant playing along with children (meltdowns and all).
Kids being kids isn't my issue but the parent reaction to their kids being kids. Do they try to soothe or manage the situation or just allow the meltdown ignoring the looks from others?

Also, since each participant on the GS is provided a datapad to interact with and choose their own story there is the possibility that parents/kids storylines will not align. A choice will need to be made to stay together or allow the kid to be on their own. At $145 an hour that is an expensive babysitter. I think this would work **IF** each parent is honest about their childs ability to be on their own, and I am referring to all ages of kids. I would have an issue if there was an unsupervised kid in one of my group activities that deterred from the experience because they were "just being a kid".

I was worried about how my own actions, choices, kid’s behavior, and clothing decisions would impact others. I was also worried about how the actions of others would impact my experience. I don’t want to go so far as to say it’s a non-issue, but after being there, the guest count and overall experience is such that my concerns never really materialized. It’s big enough and there are so many things going on, and such diverse groups/circumstances that one group, person, etc isn’t going to materially influence one’s journey. Could you be somewhere with a crying kid just like anywhere at WDW? Sure. But it’s not something that I think is a major concern.

YMMV of course.

I did come away thinking the ability for Disney to customize this for different groups, seasons, stories etc, is one of the most intriguing aspects of the Starcruiser if I’m in Disney’s shoes.

@GADisneyDad14: I'm curious to know if you and your family wore costumes during your voyage.

This question from someone who just had to look up LARP.

Thanks--and thanks for your post. The experience sounds like a lot of fun.

@GADisneyDad14: I'm curious to know if you and your family wore costumes during your voyage.

This question from someone who just had to look up LARP.

Thanks--and thanks for your post. The experience sounds like a lot of fun.

This was probably my biggest concern prior to going in. We were costume “light” - meaning just some basics. We weren’t that into it that we wanted to haul a bunch of stuff there (or really invest more $ for this than we already were), but we did want to play along.

DD was Rey, for example. For me… cloak, shawl, brown shorts, sandals (bought on Amazon - saw several with the same thing), DS was similar. The outfits on Amazon were multiple layers so we could mix/match depending on the situation. DW did more ship leisure. :-)

I did feel like dressing up a bit added to the experience (especially on Batuu) - but you see EVERYTHING from shorts/t-shirts to full on role play characters on board. Not sure what a hard core outfit person thinks of the subject, but as someone more middle of the road on the topic, it seemed to all work well and all felt welcome, no matter your choices.

This was probably my biggest concern prior to going in. We were costume “light” - meaning just some basics. We weren’t that into it that we wanted to haul a bunch of stuff there (or really invest more $ for this than we already were), but we did want to play along.

DD was Rey, for example. For me… cloak, shawl, brown shorts, sandals (bought on Amazon - saw several with the same thing), DS was similar. The outfits on Amazon were multiple layers so we could mix/match depending on the situation. DW did more ship leisure. :-)

I did feel like dressing up a bit added to the experience (especially on Batuu) - but you see EVERYTHING from shorts/t-shirts to full on role play characters on board. Not sure what a hard core outfit person thinks of the subject, but as someone more middle of the road on the topic, it seemed to all work well and all felt welcome, no matter your choices.
Thanks so much for your reply.

We saw a few people in terrific costumes in Batuu when we were there last week . . . well, I guess that's two weeks ago now.

So glad you had a great time.

I have not heard any news of this and kind of doubt it would happen (it is Disney after all). But as a parent it would not bother me if they did some adult-only voyages. It would actually be a bit of a relief.

I'm concerned that if we did this experience with our 10 year old kiddo (who still can have some doozy meltdowns) we'd have to worry about others being upset by kids being kids and the price point just makes the stress all the higher. I would certainly rather be on a voyage with other families or adults who are tolerant playing along with children (meltdowns and all).

Has the Disney Cruise Line ever done adult only experiences? If not, I doubt it would happen here.

Interesting question. I look at this like a 2 day cruise, that being said there are cruises that you can choose for specifics, a singles cruise for example. I get that Disney is centered around family, but I still wonder if they'd tweak the options at some point. I'm thinking in a few years. I guess because I just can not see this being sustainable at this price point for years and years.

If the price point were lower, then it would be an non issue for hubby. For us to pay $6000 for 2 nights, would be an extreme " once in a lifetime", save up for it, experience. Everyone has their own ideas of what makes it "worth" that cost. And what they think maybe deal breakers on that .

I do think Disney will keep tweaking and making it an even better experience down the road, as that's just what they do!

Just booked a regular room for our family of 4 (DS25 and DD22) for July 25. We wanted a suite, but there weren't any available. No Captains table either. Oh well, that's what I get for waiting. Took me about 90 minutes to get through using the number posted in this thread, and another 45 to book. It is not quick! I really wish they had the booking functionality available on the website. I would like to keep checking for suites, but I'm not going to wait on hold forever just to ask the question.

Really looking forward to it. DS25 is special needs (intellectual disability) and a huge Star Wars fan. Just wondering if anyone who as gone might have some helpful hints on how best to handle his journey. My guess is that my husband or I will mostly help guide him through--best comparison might be someone with a tween? I think he'll be really good at it once he gets the hang of it, although there might be some reality/play issues. He loves interactions with characters at SWGE but we always have to remind him they aren't "real."
I'm ok with the jumping through hoops if it means the environment is people who genuinely want to be there and Disney has confirmed as being actual people, not a weirdo using a fake account etc. It's an intimate experience in a small hotel that's high visibility with many news articles and famous characters. I don't know the reason for the current booking procedure, but I hope safety is a part of it.

On another board people are saying that the fold down beds are smaller than a twin and only sleeping bag width. Since we've booked the Galaxy Class Suite two of us adults are going to be sleeping on those fold down beds. Can anyone actually confirm dimensions? To me they looked like regular fold downs that are in the DVC living rooms and some of the other hotels. I swear I saw something saying they would support adults up to 6'3".
My daughter liked the pull down at the GF (regular resort) when she was 4, it's not a twin, it's tiny little sleeping surface, I would not consider that particular pull down for an adult if that's what they are similar to.

I know it has only been open a short time to the public but has anyone read any reviews yet from the paying public on their stay/experience?

Recently back to my home planet. I’ll do a better review at some point later, but just wanted to quickly post that IMHO that was absolutely a fantastic experience…way beyond expectations. All of us (2 adults, kids 11 & 7) had a total blast. It’s hard to define “worth” as it’s so subjective, but that was easily some of the best $ I’ve spent at WDW in awhile. I’m frankly shocked I’m saying that as we’re not really Star Wars fans (it’s not that we’re not fans, just not the type that can recite canon), and I barely know what LARP means, but I do like fun experiences and entertainment (which is why we like destinations like WDW in the first place), and this was exactly that - tons of fun and incredibly entertaining. Oddly enough all four of us agree we would do it again at some point in the future.

Had not really followed reviews or spoilers so frankly walked in with an open mind to somewhat skeptical (hard not to be at the price), but the experience absolutely worked well for us. It’s really hard to even articulate as it touches on so many emotions and experiences. We’ve all been sitting here this morning talking about all the fun things that transpired over the journey.

That’s my quick take, for what it’s worth. Happy to answer any questions.

How long did you stay on Batuu? What did you do while there?

Did all 4 of you use data pads? And did you all follow the same story?

Did you participate in any of the cruise type activities like Droid racing or Bingo? Any you would recommend?

I would pay obscene amounts of money for Adult Only Days at WDW or the GS.

Kids being kids isn't my issue but the parent reaction to their kids being kids. Do they try to soothe or manage the situation or just allow the meltdown ignoring the looks from others?

Also, since each participant on the GS is provided a datapad to interact with and choose their own story there is the possibility that parents/kids storylines will not align. A choice will need to be made to stay together or allow the kid to be on their own. At $145 an hour that is an expensive babysitter. I think this would work **IF** each parent is honest about their childs ability to be on their own, and I am referring to all ages of kids. I would have an issue if there was an unsupervised kid in one of my group activities that deterred from the experience because they were "just being a kid".
This is so creepy and frankly gross to know that a complete stranger is having any opinion or thoughts about me or my children. What on actual Earth makes people think they are entitled enough to make these statements?

Don’t know if this has been mentioned already on other sites or videos but TIL these CSL cookies are made by the same company as Gideon’s Bakehouse. No wonder my oldest son was addicted to them lol.
Where were these??? I admit I didn't even think about squirreling away snacks (at concierge) for post-trip.

Thanks so much for your reply.

We saw a few people in terrific costumes in Batuu when we were there last week . . . well, I guess that's two weeks ago now.

So glad you had a great time.
Not really adding anything to this convo, but your statement made me realize that when we were there last week, I didn’t see anyone that I thought was dressed more elaborately than I normally see. Now I’m kind of disappointed, in hindsight, that I didn’t see any Starcruiser guests larping!

Where were these??? I admit I didn't even think about squirreling away snacks (at concierge) for post-trip.
The first night, there was a lady on the 7th floor with a tray of them handing them out. Second night they were at the passenger services area as was previously mentioned. The passenger services area also had bananas, mandarin oranges, other prepackaged treats like popcorn, (which one of my sons says was spicy. Haven't tried it yet.) cake pops, and some sort of chocolates I think? But yeah, all those snacks were complimentary as well as the bar foods you could order in the lounge. I felt as stuffed as on a cruise after my trip lol.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter