STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

Starcruiser has 2 shops the main shop is inside and is open the first 2 days. The other shop is only open on the last day for a few hours only for exiting starcruiser guests it called the terminal outpost. It's a small pop up store. As you exit the main doors of the hotel it's off to right. The day you arrive it will not be open to you nor the first 2 days of your excursion.
Gotcha. Does it have different items than the main shop, or were you just making some last minute purchases?

Thanks for the heads up on the Batuu activities. I'm not sure I understand the portion I quoted above. I thought there was a gift shop on the GSC where you could buy things and it operated like any gift shop - you chose what you want and take it to the counter. Maybe what you're talking about is separate from that. It sound like you told someone what you wanted as you were checking out/leaving and they picked it out and bagged it for you?

This brings up another question - how was the availability of exclusive items you could purchase on board, and what are the limitations? Do they limit you to one of any item per person?

Oh and also, will they ship items home for you like other Disney resorts will?

Thanks!
Starcruiser has 2 shops the main shop is inside and is open the first 2 days. The other shop is only open on the last day for a few hours only for exiting starcruiser guests it called the terminal outpost. It's a small pop up store. As you exit the main doors of the hotel it's off to right. The day you arrive it will not be open to you nor the first 2 days of your excursion.

2 items per and they do ship home. Exclusive items that I'm not sure other than exclusive to starcruiser guests only

Thanks to all who have posted about their trips so far! Very useful information. Another quick question, and I apologize if this was addressed earlier: My understanding is that GSC guests get special magic bands- is that correct? If so, can they be used after the cruise (for a split stay afterwards) just like regular magic bands?

Thanks to all who have posted about their trips so far! Very useful information. Another quick question, and I apologize if this was addressed earlier: My understanding is that GSC guests get special magic bands- is that correct? If so, can they be used after the cruise (for a split stay afterwards) just like regular magic bands?
Great question. I assume we get to keep them, but I am curious because looking at the merchandise shown on the link posted above, it appears as though they are selling two other versions of the GSC magic bands - one at the store inside and one at the store outside.

Yes, there are special MBs, you keep them, and they work fine after the Starcruiser. We had a few nice interactions with CMs in the parks who saw the bands and asked about them.

We got off the GSC this morning. We had an amazing time. Three big kids.They slept fine in the bunk and pull out. They room is not big, but theming is great and we really were in it only to sleep. We had brought some changes of clothes but didn’t end up wanting to take the time. The kids did different paths from my husband and I which ended up fun and interesting.

Thought I had read a post above from someone saying they didn’t get a post voyage survey or anywhere to give Disney feedback, but FWIW, I got one the day after departure. Pretty standard post Disney survey, tailored to the specifics here. I opted to continue answering questions after the initial chunk and it too me maybe 20-25 minutes or so.

So if you didn’t get a survey, check your junk folders.

I love hearing the experiences of former passengers. I have a few questions.
For those who took children 7 or younger, would they have enjoyed spending those few days as park days more? Or did they really love the star cruiser experience?
Also, I’m a bit claustrophobic. Do the “windows” in the staterooms look realistic enough to fool the brain into seeing outside?

For those who took children 7 or younger, would they have enjoyed spending those few days as park days more? Or did they really love the star cruiser experience?
Also, I’m a bit claustrophobic. Do the “windows” in the staterooms look realistic enough to fool the brain into seeing outside?
I have done a cruise in a interior room and got a bit claustrophobic. I did not get claustrophobic on here. I wouldn’t say it was because it was realistic though, it is like you are looking into space . I think my brain was just too confused maybe. We also honestly were almost never in the room except to sleep.

This is probably influenced by our perspective as AP holders who come a few times per year, but my 7 year old (who is more the “take me to the pool type”) definitely enjoyed it more than the parks. She loved it! We were honestly really surprised how well she did.

some takeaways. not up to writing a full review.

Check the weather for Batuu. ours was fine (last Monday) but anything worse would have been hell for elaborate or restrictive costumes. I had on a full mechanic's coverall. Didn't get overheated but I did get tired. took it off to change for lightsaber training, and never put it back on. Cast remembered who my character was. They have water bottles at the gate in Batuu where you enter from the transport. Just ask the CMs for one. They are in a cooler so it's not immediately obvious that they are available.

you will be too busy to complain about why there is no pool or gym.

Talk to the characters, you might get a new mission. You might end up running multiple tracks simultaneously. You might spend a lot of time saving people on the bridge.

Try plenty of drinks from Sublight Lounge! Play Sabacc on the holo table. pretty cool, not hard to learn. My friend almost won the tournament. Get the bar snacks.

The younglings I saw were having a blast. Loved meeting familiar characters. One kid wound up getting appointed as a scout and was absolutely beside himself.

The Batuu transport is SMALL. they must have more than one, but it's still small. Looks cool though. get there early or wait in line for it.

Water always available self-service in the atrium. Snacks in the afternoon.

the shop inside is closed on disembarkation day.

You might have to wait a bit to get to a scanning portal to pick up your missions.

most of the cast and some of the guests can probably flat out read Aurebesh.

Last edited:
Good to know! Apart from the extra space were you advised what the “little extras” are that come with the Galaxy Suite please?
I watched a video walkthrough of the Galaxy suite because we booked it, and it appears there's some sort of "animatronic" style alien plant in the living room area, and a pass through hole you can crawl through between rooms. Aside from that there was more barware. I didn't see too much that screamed EXTRA on top of the regular rooms aside from way more space. Also the bathroom has two full shower heads in the shower so two adults could shower at once.

At least for my younglings, the parks did not exist the whole time we were there. Even when we were in Galaxy’s Edge, which they’ve been to before as APs, not once did my 7-year-old Toy Story lover ask if we could go to the Toy Story area. My 3 year old was amused by the simplest things like the rocks in the climate simulator, but I confess he did walk out on the loth cat lightsaber training; he’d rather go exploring the ship.
And slightly claustrophobic DH did fine in our room even with the little ones constantly “opening and closing the window.”

I watched a video walkthrough of the Galaxy suite because we booked it, and it appears there's some sort of "animatronic" style alien plant in the living room area, and a pass through hole you can crawl through between rooms. Aside from that there was more barware. I didn't see too much that screamed EXTRA on top of the regular rooms aside from way more space. Also the bathroom has two full shower heads in the shower so two adults could shower at once.
Excellent thank you! I think I’ve seen the plant you mention in a video, very cool :)

We loved seeing the GS guests on Batuu during the first week of March. On the off chance that "Captain Rex" is a Disboarder- you really made my son's day by allowing him to take your picture!

For those guests who have completed a voyage and had a resort stay before the GS.

Did you disclose to the resort prior to GS that you were going to the GS so you could get late check out? Or did they already know? I've booked a single night stay using DVC at AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter