STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

There’s a detailed calculation on the DVC Mousecellaneous forum, and the 30% off does apply to the cash cost: look in thread 'Starcruiser Discount of 30%'.

💫Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the Starcruiser
Not a creature was stirring, not even a Porg;
The cargo bags were hung by the engine with care,
In hopes that Kylo Ren and the First Order wouldn't discover they were stuffed with stolen coaxium.💫

Each year I make my family a new Christmas Stockings. This year they were inspired by our adventure aboard the Halycon. The design is a usable cinch dry bag made with rip stop material complete with a 3d printed tag in Aurebesh.

20221209_210329.jpg

Last edited:
How do you get on the roll call? We took advantage of the 30% and will be cruising March 2-4.

💫Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the Starcruiser
Not a creature was stirring, not even a Porg;
The cargo bags were hung by the engine with care,
In hopes that Kylo Ren and the First Order wouldn't discover they were stuffed with stolen coaxium.💫

Each year I make my family a new Christmas Stockings. This year they were inspired by our adventure aboard the Halycon. The design is a usable cinch dry bag made with rip stop material complete with a 3d printed tag in Aurebesh.

View attachment 724332
That is just amazing, JFox! Awesome!

Just got off the Galactic Starcruiser today. We had a great time! We got there about 10 minutes before one and our lyft was able to drive right up to the unloading area. But by 1 there was a line of cars waiting to unload. So go a little early if possible. there was already a line of people. Doors opened right at 1 and we were in the building by 1:15. I think it took another 10 minutes or so to get into the transport pod up to the hotel.

leaving today, we told the staff we were taking a taxi to the airport. They arranged for the taxi and gave us a voucher to use for paying the taxi. We put our bags outside our hotel room at 11am and the bags were waiting for us once we got outside.

Let me know if there were any other questions.
May I ask did you end up staying at Swan before boarding?
I called the reservation center and they said Swan will not get a taxi voucher.

We are staying at POR the night before our voyage and Yacht club after.

Do I have to contact anyone regarding the voucher for transportation to and from the hotels or will the concierge/front desk take care of this?

Also was told we will have late check out at POR and early check in at Yacht Club. Anything I need to do on my end to make this happen?

We are staying at POR the night before our voyage and Yacht club after.

Do I have to contact anyone regarding the voucher for transportation to and from the hotels or will the concierge/front desk take care of this?

Also was told we will have late check out at POR and early check in at Yacht Club. Anything I need to do on my end to make this happen?

You'll need to speak to the front desk at POR to let them know you'll need a taxi to the Starcruiser. They will schedule it.

You'll need to call the Starcruiser line to make sure they work with the hotels to get you the late/early checkins. Neither are guaranteed (especially the early check-in) but they'll do their best to accomodate.

Had a great couple of days aboard the star cruiser. A really unique experience.

Quick question. We didn’t use our lunch credits while we were visiting batu. I think I remember reading that they are still available to us when we visit the studios? Is this right and how do I go about doing that? Thanks!

Had a great couple of days aboard the star cruiser. A really unique experience.

Quick question. We didn’t use our lunch credits while we were visiting batu. I think I remember reading that they are still available to us when we visit the studios? Is this right and how do I go about doing that? Thanks!
You can only use it on your checkout day, it vanishes after that. And it isn’t just Hollywood studios, you can use it at most quick service places where you can mobile order. It will show up as dining plan credits and you just mobile order and use the credits. If it’s after checkout day though, they are gone :/

Hi all! New to the forums. We'll be there March 4-6, hubbie, 8 yo son and me. :) Pretty excited!

I was wondering about costumes. I like the idea of dressing up but we're flying in on Frontier so we have one piece of luggage. I was going to do a Rey inspired outfit (leggings, shirt, boots and the crossed cloths) and have a dress for dinner. We have plans for the library to use their 3d printer and button makers to show our allegiance to different sides. My question is, how do the outfit changes work? Should we change at the airport? Show up in costume? Will we be able to hit the room first? I understand things start happening right away and want to make sure we don't miss any of it. Will it be weird if I wear the same outfit on day 2? Will the standard Rey type outfit be too hot or cold for early March and the trip to Bantuu?

Thanks!

Hi all! New to the forums. We'll be there March 4-6, hubbie, 8 yo son and me. :) Pretty excited!

I was wondering about costumes. I like the idea of dressing up but we're flying in on Frontier so we have one piece of luggage. I was going to do a Rey inspired outfit (leggings, shirt, boots and the crossed cloths) and have a dress for dinner. We have plans for the library to use their 3d printer and button makers to show our allegiance to different sides. My question is, how do the outfit changes work? Should we change at the airport? Show up in costume? Will we be able to hit the room first? I understand things start happening right away and want to make sure we don't miss any of it. Will it be weird if I wear the same outfit on day 2? Will the standard Rey type outfit be too hot or cold for early March and the trip to Bantuu?

Thanks!

So glad you asked this question. We're going March 2nd and I've been going crazy trying to find costumes. We're not creative people and looking on line, there seems to be the same male and female outfits, Rey or Leah and a Jedi costume that all reviews say is hard to put together.

We are just now getting our last bit of costuming together for our Jan 19 Starcruise.

we hit up thrift stores for some pieces, I made a couple shirts based on a pattern from Mood fabrics, and we 3d printed some greebles that we’re attaching with magnets and cosbond.

We dug up all sorts of YouTube videos and Reddit threads for inspiration.

I found this article helpful just for framing my mind on the look:
https://www.starwars.com/news/dressing-for-rebellion-last-minute-diy-rogue-one-costumes

Other resources: Etsy, Heroes and Villains, old Star Wars cosplay forums (they figure out stuff like what brand and model boot was modded from character stills).

Be careful with clothing and costume shops that ship directly from China- they are pretty shoddy and have no real return policy to speak of. They even operate on AmAzon so look at reviews and independent review sites if you wanna go that route.

COSTUME: There is a great Facebook group with tons of costume ideas. We went in universe but not anyone specific. We are excited to return in March.

Attachments

• 7F57BF08-589C-47CE-B023-D7FF45C64871.jpeg
    7F57BF08-589C-47CE-B023-D7FF45C64871.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 380B0903-9ABB-4E97-B387-77E9EC4738C2.jpeg
    380B0903-9ABB-4E97-B387-77E9EC4738C2.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 25
  • 49F644A1-31FA-4502-87AC-7073EE9FC24E.jpeg
    49F644A1-31FA-4502-87AC-7073EE9FC24E.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 21
  • FA79AEAF-8BBA-43DC-B593-5E18593D27D9.jpeg
    FA79AEAF-8BBA-43DC-B593-5E18593D27D9.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 28
Awesome! You look great! I found the Facebook groups and those have been very helpful for ideas. My hubs wants a simple Jedi angle, 8 yo in a smuggler outfit and me in a rey outfit there's nothing that ties us all together. We hit goodwill and found some good stuff. But any ideas for a way to make us a team? Like I wanted to temp dye everyone's hair or do a temp face tattoo or makeup and the guys shot me down hard. Lol. Maybe a button?

But any ideas for a way to make us a team? Like I wanted to temp dye everyone's hair or do a temp face tattoo or makeup and the guys shot me down hard. Lol. Maybe a button?
We did it with color. I saw others with a wrist band all the same. Like a bandana wrapped around. There are many ways to do it.

Thanks!
If you arrive in costume, you can have a CM take a picture of you in front of the GS sign. Your only chance to do this is right as your arrive / check-in, and as you're checking-out. I don't think that they'll let you do this during the cruise.
IMG_1714.jpeg

Upon arrival, you give them your checked bags, you go through security similar to when you enter a theme park, and then you grab a shuttle-pod to get to your stateroom. A CM arrived shortly thereafter with our checked bags. After we got our bags and got settled, we went to Crown of Corellia for lunch, and then the events, activities, and storyline began. I was in pretty much the same costume day 1 & 2, but changed shirts. DW had a nice Leia style dress for dinners, and she was in her costume for day 1 & 2 as well.

We went in early October, and my fake leather jacket was incredibly hot on the shore excursion day on Batuu. I liked the way it looked, but I was sweating a ton. For early March, I'd expect things to start warming up, but I'm not sure if a Rey style outfit would be too hot or cold.

Thanks!

Early March is my favorite time to visit Disney World.

It's hard to predict the weather for that time of year.

I've been there when it's in the 90s and I've been there when it's in the 30s.

You can only use it on your checkout day, it vanishes after that. And it isn’t just Hollywood studios, you can use it at most quick service places where you can mobile order. It will show up as dining plan credits and you just mobile order and use the credits. If it’s after checkout day though, they are gone :/

Anyone know if you can use it at Captain Cooks at Poly? It would be great if we could use it on checkout day there. We’re planning to relax at the pool after a busy voyage!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter