• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
This completely puts our trip into question for the first week of December. Now have to decide whether to go January or February - never been during those months. What is everyone's preference?

I’ll be looking to take a Sept 2019 trip then will let the Star Wars fans enjoy it first. I don’t mind waiting for a while then enjoying it after the first crowds go. Probably will look at a Sept 2020 trip but still expecting crowds to be huge at that time.

I am thinking like you. I was going to let our APs expire this year, but now I am thinking about renewing and letting them expire NEXT year. I really want to stay away for a while after it opens.

I am leaning towards late fall being after Thanksgiving. If I use the Toy Story land announcement to scheduled opening date (~4.5 months), I would guess that we should get an opening date announcement at WDW about July 16, 2019?
I am leaning towards December too :( especially with using the words specifically "late fall" while the Disneyland version is just listed as "summer". And considering everyone has said the two are about 6 months apart, a July opening of Disneyland would put WDW at December :(.

What did they early advertise Toy Story Land opening for? "Late Spring?" .. because technically June 20th is as late Spring as you can get.

I think I may be going to Disneyland as opposed to Disney World in 2019... Maybe the Star Wars crowds in DL won't be as crazy as WDW in mid-September 2019?

Hollywood Studios is going to be a madhouse whenever it finally opens.

I am leaning towards December too :( especially with using the words specifically "late fall" while the Disneyland version is just listed as "summer". And considering everyone has said the two are about 6 months apart, a July opening of Disneyland would put WDW at December :(.

What did they early advertise Toy Story Land opening for? "Late Spring?" .. because technically June 20th is as late Spring as you can get.

So does June 20th for previews or soft openings qualify as being open?

I might give DL a shot in October or November, unless they bring back the Light Side half, in which case I'll go in January.

I believe they are looking to try and hit late May early June for Disneyland preferably Memorial Day weekend.

For Toy Story Land, they announced the opening season on July 15, 2017: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...n-at-walt-disney-world-resort-in-summer-2018/

For Toy Story Land, they announced the opening date on February 22, 2018: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...i-disneyland-are-set-to-amaze-guests-in-2018/

I see a lot of people talking aobut combining seeing Galaxy's Edge at WDW with the Wine and Dine 1/2 marathon - which is in early November (at least for 2018, I dont' think 2019 dates are out yet). Knowing how crazy race weekends can be I wonder if they would wait until after that to open Galaxy's Edge

Basically just wondering if it is likely that it would be open by then or not

For Toy Story Land, they announced the opening season on July 15, 2017: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...n-at-walt-disney-world-resort-in-summer-2018/

For Toy Story Land, they announced the opening date on February 22, 2018: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...i-disneyland-are-set-to-amaze-guests-in-2018/
I’m not sure this will follow the same timeline since there are two of them. Pandora was announced to open May 27th during an earnings call for the first quarter (late January?).

I see a lot of people talking aobut combining seeing Galaxy's Edge at WDW with the Wine and Dine 1/2 marathon - which is in early November (at least for 2018, I dont' think 2019 dates are out yet). Knowing how crazy race weekends can be I wonder if they would wait until after that to open Galaxy's Edge

Basically just wondering if it is likely that it would be open by then or not
While that would be great and all Disney doesn’t often coordinate things around runDisney events. The two are very separate in how they operate. They still have the lack of IT and communication though!

I am in the same boat. going to have an AP that expires Nov. 10,2019.

My guess is I will probably just miss out, which may convince me to not get the AP as planned.
We will have APs that go from June 2019 to June 2020 but I doubt we will make a trip to go around the opening. I am hoping they get it together quick enough to have AP previews like Pandora bc I'm thinking those won't be quite as crazy as opening. But we shall see....

We don’t know if there will be previews or soft openings for toy story and it sure looks like there won’t be right now.

My point being if there was a preview/soft opening by June 20th, it might qualify as a spring 2018 opening. Although, I seem to recall summer 2018 has been the PR target all along.

I am not sure how I feel about the date.

We fly from UK 10th Nov19 which is known to be the quieter time before Thanksgiving kicks in.

If it opens before we go that will increase crowds but allows us to see the new Land.

However, only I am a fan of the films in the family so the wife and kids would prefer it open after we leave which will hopefully lower crowds even more.

December 22nd is the 1st day of Winter in 2019.

So a "Late Fall" opening may actually be early December.

My point being if there was a preview/soft opening by June 20th, it might qualify as a spring 2018 opening. Although, I seem to recall summer 2018 has been the PR target all along.
Summer for Disney begins at the end of May.

I’m not sure this will follow the same timeline since there are two of them. Pandora was announced to open May 27th during an earnings call for the first quarter (late January?).

Pandora opening date was announced by Iger on February 7, 2017 along with 2019 as year for SW:GE: https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com/pandora-world-avatar-open-may-27-star-wars-lands-coming-2019/

The Q1 2019 earnings call is February 5, 2019 so that's one of several possible dates for the Disneyland SW:GE opening date announcement, however I think that is the LATEST that they would announce it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter