Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
The simulator will remain, they will not destroy the ride, just retheme it. Once SWE happens, and the new Falcon ride starts up, it is a bit redundant. Adding a new theme to star tours will then give them more capacity outside SW themeing.
Or maybe they can rip the simulators out and install them over at Epcot in the Wonders of Life and reopen the pavilion as Inside Out themed. With simulators back in place "Body Wars" could then be reopened as "Bing Bong's Rocket Ride". Cranium Command's retheming would be pretty obvious to make it the Command Center. The "Making of Me" could be a movie through a child's eyes about how they think "the making of me" happens with storks and magic and stuff.

Or maybe they can rip the simulators out and install them over at Epcot in the Wonders of Life and reopen the pavilion as Inside Out themed. With simulators back in place "Body Wars" could then be reopened as "Bing Bong's Rocket Ride". Cranium Command's retheming would be pretty obvious to make it the Command Center. The "Making of Me" could be a movie through a child's eyes about how they think "the making of me" happens with storks and magic and stuff.

That's a good idea, but I'd rather they just move it into Star Wars Land. Why get rid of a perfectly good ride that's still bringing in the masses?

Plus frugal Disney can say they have 3 attractions in their new land. They seem to be using this same strategy with the kidtastic Toy Story Land. Luckily they didn't do it with Camp Minnie Mickey though, Pocahontas would have looked weird with blue skin.

Last edited:

I bet that all of the pictured rockwork won't get built. Concept art is great but I rarely see it all come to fruition. This is nice though.

It would be interesting to see how the final Pandora product compared to the original concept art. Well, maybe not so interesting to me that I actually go looking for it, but maybe interesting enough for someone else here to do so...:rolleyes1

I am really wondering how that is going to be - especially if they are talking about wanting to have all this interaction with shop keeps and droids and stuff ... how do you do that if it is so crowded and narrow streets you can't even move? Or will they cap the number of people allowed in the land at a time (like they did with the Pandora opening), but if so, where do the crowds line up in DHS to get in with it being in the back like it is (and probably even worse in DLR)?

I think it is going to be amazing but can also see it being a logistical nightmare

Its SW, its going to be constantly closed for capacity. Why they would take out Star Tours is just...

It would be interesting to see how the final Pandora product compared to the original concept art. Well, maybe not so interesting to me that I actually go looking for it, but maybe interesting enough for someone else here to do so...:rolleyes1

so here is the model - having been to the land once I'd say it looks pretty close and if anything there is more rock work in the real one vs the model
avatar_Full_25026.jpg;width=1200;height=630;mode=crop;quality=60;encoder=freeimage;progressive=true

It's the rock work that's gonna be the problem...they might have to scale it down to get it in 2 years.

It depends how much they're prefabbing I think. Pandora seemed to be built mostly in place. Given that two essentially identical versions are being built here, it'd make sense to have one central fab, and ship the stuff Ikea style. I know this isn't the usual Disney construction approach, but it'd probably work out cheaper in this case. if they are taking this approach though, then we have no idea how much stuff has been fabbed already. Rocks and scenery could appear at a very unDisney pace.

Not that it's any official date, but Iger said that one of the Star Wars lands (Disneyland's) should be open before the next D23 convention (So January-June 2019).

So possibly looking at a late-2019 opening for DHS?

Was that for both DL and WDW or just DL?????

Edit, maybe if i learn to read i can get my question answered before i ask. thanks

Not that it's any official date, but Iger said that one of the Star Wars lands (Disneyland's) should be open before the next D23 convention (So January-June 2019).

So possibly looking at a late-2019 opening for DHS?
As expected.

I can't for the life of me imagine them going through busy season without their crown jewel being ready. I'd expect DHS to make up ground and both parks to open for Memorial Day.

I would agree with you and this was my thinking but after seeing Pandora and the crowds that showed up for that, maybe they don't want Star Wars Land to open during summer months at WDW.

I now make it a habit to go through the large entrance of DHS just to see construction progress. You can already see the skeleton of the AT-AT being built and the building around it.
Soon enough you won't be able to see them. That building is huge and houses a huge queue along with the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter