• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2021 (April 15-18, 2021) - Now Virtual Only

I’ve pre-signed up for a bib through a TA, and I’m hoping to hear today that they were able to secure one for me. Their social media posts have made it sound like they were very limited.

yes they appear to be. My TA hit me up a little while ago and had looked and they were showing out but was able to call in and snag one. So does appear limited though after MW that shouldn't be a surprise at all and is also why I wanted to go on and get one. Now I can relax in August.

Not more expensive you just have to get a room with it. So today I had to pay the bib cost $350 plus the deposit on the room $200. So I did have to pay a bit more today but it is money I was going to spend anyway on the room just have to pay it now vs being able to wait. But actual bib cost is the same.
Thank you! I was supposed to run my first rD race at the Star Wars race this year but we know how that turned out.

yes they appear to be. My TA hit me up a little while ago and had looked and they were showing out but was able to call in and snag one. So does appear limited though after MW that shouldn't be a surprise at all and is also why I wanted to go on and get one. Now I can relax in August.
Same. I edited my last post. Right after posting, I was notified of a credit card charge. So it looks like I’m in!!!
Yeah the craziness with MW, made me want to make sure I was able to secure one for this, since I’ve ran it every year. I don’t want to miss out on the 5th running.

Same. I edited my last post. Right after posting, I was notified of a credit card charge. So it looks like I’m in!!!
Yeah the craziness with MW, made me want to make sure I was able to secure one for this, since I’ve ran it every year. I don’t want to miss out on the 5th running.

Same here. I am perfect on Star Wars half marathons (both coasts). Don't want to risk that.

Waiting for TAs to get back to me. They are my preferred method of registering and I hope they respond soon that they can book it. Fingers crossed.

i stand corrected... juat learned TAs are getting bibs today
.. dont have confirmation yet on my challenge

Last edited:
Where can I find which TAs get bibs? Is it already too late to even be bothering?

Where can I find which TAs get bibs? Is it already too late to even be bothering?

runDisney used to have the names of all providers listed on their site - I can't find it anymore (not for the past couple of years I couldn't), but here are two that I dealt with that are superb.

Sarah Bergman at http://www.heighhotravelco.com/
Pat Stone at https://patstonetravel.com/

This is the only thing that runDisney now provides on their site:

https://www.rundisney.com/plan-your-trip/disneyworld/travel-providers/star-wars-rival-run-weekend/

I had forgootten to tell my TA I wanted kessel so they had just done regular challenge but luckily they were able to get in this morning and get me upgraded to kessell. Of course that is an "easy" upgrade for rundisney since there is not a physical race spot you are taking. Still glad it got done.

I do hope they do a better kessell medal this year. I LOVE the original Kessell medal but the one planned for 2020 was not near as good. Hopefully they can re-do it for 2021 though I'm pretty much expecting the 2020 medals with changed dates.

I dont have my kessel registration yet - my TA is trying to get from the TA pool but they come in spurts - hopefully soon.

I'm now in the same boat, thanks to you! I sincerely hope we both get it and if not, I hope you at least get it since you were kind enough to give me references to TAs!

I was hoping to get into the 2021 Star war challenge race, but made the rooky mistakes and missed out. So as a future runDisney hopeful, I have couple questions. When choosing a TA, what should I look for in TA to book runDisney events? How soon or what time of year should I start nagging them about 2022 race signup? If AP signup is the only other chance, does each person I am signing up need to have an AP to get in to the registration?

Thanks in advance!

I was hoping to get into the 2021 Star war challenge race, but made the rooky mistakes and missed out. So as a future runDisney hopeful, I have couple questions. When choosing a TA, what should I look for in TA to book runDisney events? How soon or what time of year should I start nagging them about 2022 race signup? If AP signup is the only other chance, does each person I am signing up need to have an AP to get in to the registration?

Thanks in advance!
2021 is not sold out yet. TAs may not have bibs currently but the amount they get changes daily. General registration for the event doesn’t happen until August so there are still opportunities to register.

Does anyone know if an AP voucher will work for the August 6th pre-sale date. My AP was supposed to be activated today actually, but Covid cancelled our summer trip. My AP won't be activated prior to the August sign-up dates now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter