Star Wars in Concert

JasonDVC

DIS Veteran
I just saw Star Wars in Concert last night. For those that don't know, this is a symphony concert with a huge HD screen behind the orchestra where the music helps tell the story of Star Wars. The show is narrated by Anthony Daniels who plays C3PO in all the movies. It is extremely well done. Here is a link to the website

Anyway, I was thinking that this show would be perfect for WDW. Maybe do something like they have with the La Nouba Show in DTD where its is on nightly and is paid show.

Seeing as there are already several Star Wars elements at WDW, this show would fit in perfectly.

Has anyone else seen this show? Do you agree with me that they should make it a fixture at WDW?

Plus it is a short show and the place was packed with kids and families as well as adults. Sounds like a great fit for WDW

We saw the show last week here in Atlanta and it was wonderful. My husband and I really enjoyed it. There were a lot of children in the audience and they were all mostly well behaved from what I saw (we were in the expensive floor seats, so maybe that was why - ha!).

While I do love all the Star Wars elements that Disney has incorporated, I don't think the show would be a good fit for WDW simply due to child behavior. It is a long show, with symphony orchestra music (booooring to most kids). There's no animation or anything actually geared toward children. I can easily see where families with more unruly children could really disrupt the show for everyone else, even possibly the musicians.

Then again, I've never seen La Nouba. If child disruptions are not a problem with that show, then I would say something like Star Wars in Concert might work. It would definitely have to be a separate ticketed show, and be at a price point where people wouldn't want to waste their money on a show their kids would not enjoy and/or cause problems.

I'm going to see it on November 24, I'm quite excited, as I'm a fan of Star Wars and a huge fan of John Williams, who composed the music for all 6 movies.

So glad to hear the good reviews, we are going on Sat. Great seats! Can't wait.:cool1:

To anyone who has seen the show, should we arrive early to see the exhibit, if so how early and how was it?
Thanks for any info.

I am so envious of those of you that have gone or are going! The show is coming to NH and I really wanted to go but couldn't swing it.

I took my DS5 to the concert at the new Cowboys Stadium last month (funny thing is many people are calling it the "Death Star". :laughing: ) They showed the video portion on the GIGANTIC 60 yard long video screens!!! It was incredible!! My son (who is a Jedi Academy graduate and our resident Star Wars nut :darth:) could not take his eyes off of the screen.

My husband and son are HUGE Star Wars fans and were so disappointed to just be learning of this. We have JUST missed the date in our area! Does anyone know if there will be more dates in 2010 or if this is something that would tour again? Is it an annual event?

My husband and son are HUGE Star Wars fans and were so disappointed to just be learning of this. We have JUST missed the date in our area! Does anyone know if there will be more dates in 2010 or if this is something that would tour again? Is it an annual event?

Here's the link for concert dates... http://www.starwarsinconcert.com/

Is is a one time event? Not sure...probably depends upon the success of this tour. I hope it comes back...

Good luck!!

so glad to hear this concert is good! DH is taking DS next friday... DS is star wars obsessed and this is a surprise! i am so excited for him!

To anyone who has seen the show, should we arrive early to see the exhibit, if so how early and how was it?
Thanks for any info.

When we saw it in Portland (got the cheapie nosebleed section seats, so high I freaked out every time DS moved for fear that he would go tumbling down) we were there early, but they had some sort of delays, and didn't open the doors all that early.

Even those that paid the extra bucks for the VIP showing were totally shortchanged by it.

Since this isn't really a trip planning thread, I'm going to move this over to the theme parks community board.

I just saw the show yesterday in Boston, and it was AWESOME!
However, I don't know about it being a WDW fixture. I personally would love to see a "Fantasia In Concert" kind of thing.

I just saw Star Wars in Concert last night. For those that don't know, this is a symphony concert with a huge HD screen behind the orchestra where the music helps tell the story of Star Wars. The show is narrated by Anthony Daniels who plays C3PO in all the movies. It is extremely well done. Here is a link to the website

Anyway, I was thinking that this show would be perfect for WDW. Maybe do something like they have with the La Nouba Show in DTD where its is on nightly and is paid show.

Seeing as there are already several Star Wars elements at WDW, this show would fit in perfectly.

Has anyone else seen this show? Do you agree with me that they should make it a fixture at WDW?

Maybe they could squeeze it in over at the Studios near the ride,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter