Star Wars Weekends Official!

ktglads

DIS Veteran
Starwars.com

Its official! Weekends start May 14, 2004 and go for 5 consecutive weekends (through June 13th). No word on what celebrities are attending, but it is nice to see some notice on this!

Can't wait!!!

Yeah! Thanks for the posting. It's nice to have it confirmed now.

Hope you don't mind if I tag a question for the veteran SWW folks:

Are kids allowed to bring their own toy lightsabres? DD really wants to get into this. We're making a tunic, etc. I could see where Disney possibly wouldn't allow. Who wants to walk around 5,000 kids w/their lightsabres!

Let me know if you know for sure so I can tell DD!

Thanks, Sharon

Thanks for posting! We're not Star Wars fans, but was planning to go to MGM on a Friday in May, so I'll be changing that around so we can avoid that crowd, and you'll have six less people in your way. :D

Thanks for posting. We'll be at MGM on June 13th. Cool!

The toy lightsabres are sold in Tatooine Traders, so no one will object if a child is carrying one in the park. (IMO, they are a PITA to carry around though; DS has 3 of the electric ones, but we don't allow him to take them to SWW.)

Children who are chosen for the Jedi Training Academy events will be given wooden "loaner" sabres to use for that event.

The robe will definitely be allowed. I can't see why the lightsaber wouldn't be allowed since they do sell them in the shops, so how could they justify them not being allowed to be brought in. Not too many people actually dressed up last year (saw about 10 adults a day and no children) and I saw no lightsabers, so not sure if it was beacuse they were not allowed or not brought. Honestly, as long as she keeps the lightsaber under control maybe in a belt? They would not mind.

Any rumors yet on who will be appearing?I am trying to wait and book when we find out who is going to be there,but we are running out of time.
Misty

Originally posted by luvindisneyworld
Any rumors yet on who will be appearing?I am trying to wait and book when we find out who is going to be there,but we are running out of time.
Misty
None that I've heard

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter