Starting tomorrow Iceland will open it's borders to vaccinated Americans!

That still means no children though right?
Right, until they start vaccinating children (or your children have had COVID-19 previously) they can't go to Iceland yet.

From Icelandair's website:

If you do not have proof of vaccination or of previous COVID infection, the following applies:

From USA and Canada: External Schengen borders are closed to USA and Canada, therefore we are currently unable to welcome US or Canadian passport-holders who do not hold proof of vaccination or prior infection. Note that some exceptions apply for close family ties and for essential travel - read more at the official site:
Regarding travel restrictions to Iceland as a result of COVID-19

(Note, the "close family ties" mentioned above is close family to someone who is a resident of Iceland).

Sayhello

One issue, they won't accept paper cards. We need to be moving forward on a widely accepted electronic record ASAP!
well, then how do you prove it?

anyway, MSN seems to say different? Update 3/17/21: Iceland has updated its document requirements, so CDC-issued certificates and U.S. laboratory results should now be accepted for entry.

Good time to go without crowds. It's also a ridiculously easy place to travel.
Wow! "Easy to travel" is *not* the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Iceland. :) The logistics have been pretty intense to me!

Sayhello

Wow! "Easy to travel" is *not* the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Iceland. :) The logistics have been pretty intense to me!

Sayhello
I completely agree with the easy to travel- especially in non-Covid times. In fact, I now suggest this as the *first foreign country to visit for friends and family. It's only 4.5 hours from Boston, everyone speaks English very well, and renting AirBnBs and such is super simple. They also have a TON of pizza places if your kids are picky. We found every museum, etc. perfect for families with lots of great tours. You definitely need to visit the Westmann Islands and see the Puffins!!!

Sayhello

perfect English (i speak some Icelandic but it wasn’t even worth trying) Hotels in every town. Hard to get lost.

I just go for the Hot Dogs. :)

Attachments

• Hot dogs.jpg
    Hot dogs.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 17
#3 for easy to travel. I was supposed to be there this past September.

I was just talking to an acquaintance about Iceland and she was complaining that she didn't like the food - too much fish. I asked "what about the hot dogs?" She had no idea what I was talking about. How can you go to Iceland and not know about the hot dogs??? Shoot, even their gas station packaged sandwiches are good.

The first time I asked a local friend about shark, he responded - we don't eat that LOL

Yes If you didn't get a hot dog you were not there LOL

Also the Lamb Soup at Street Food Reykjavik is very good, oh and Skyr and Kleinurs (doughnuts)

We are set for a quick 5 day trip in Sept, Before the pandemic we get there once or twice a year. Aurora.jpg

The first time I asked a local friend about shark, he responded - we don't eat that LOL

Yes If you didn't get a hot dog you were not there LOL

Also the Lamb Soup at Street Food Reykjavik is very good, oh and Skyr and Kleinurs (doughnuts)

We are set for a quick 5 day trip in Sept, Before the pandemic we get there once or twice a year.
Also the rye bread Ice Cream at Café Loki. Yumm!

Sayhello

We've had Iceland on our radar for a while and I was so excited when I saw this! But we have one under 16 kiddo who of course has not been vaccinated...huge bummer! I understand, though. We will just (not so) patiently wait until either kids can be vaccinated or if they change their requirements about kids in tow with vaccinated parents!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter