State of Fast Pass Return (or replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went over last night to have dinner at the Wave before it closes for refurb and to see HEA. We finished dinner and walked over to MK. Lines were long buy manageable. No longer than usual for e-ticket attractions but lower tier even had longer lines. Examples
Space 45 minutes
Buzz 30 minutes
7 dwarves 75 minutes
Btmrr 45 minutes
All about normal
However
Ariel 40 minutes
Pooh 60 minutes
Tta 30 minutes

Just food for thought for those worried about 180 minute flights of passage type lines

Paid skip-the-line-passes have always left an ick feeling for me. The only semi-acceptable one were MaxPasses in Disneyland- because they come with photos.

I hate it at Dollywood, I hate it at Cedar Point, and yes, I hate it at Universal. WDW has been a refreshing break from that.

I’m not saying I won’t go, but any paid option will place it closer In comparison to other theme parks, and there are so many other places I want to go to.

FYI if systems drop at some point this afternoon for an extended period of time, another test failed.
Lol. So that's what went on last week. How long do you reckon it will go on for before they have to put the old fp up for the time being?

I for one hope it passes. I would love it if it becomes a day of system. Mainly I hate all the planning involved to enjoy Disney.

Would the DLP system at WDW stop me from going to Disney?
Would I be happy spending $10 per ride for fastpass access? No, but in the end it is just another cost increase. Will I continue to go to Disney and pay for it? Yes. Given the price of a Disney Vacation and the crowds in the park, I would rather cut into food, shopping, or length of stay costs then stop using some Fastpasses for E-ticket rides. I would just basically increase my ticket budget at about $30 per day per person per day, and try go get by on only using 3 per day and standby queues for rest.

What would end me going to Disney?
No Fastpass system. If I am going to wait around an hour or longer for every single thing I do the moment I step into the park, it will no longer feel magical. That is just a trip to the DMV.

What I do like?

Honestly the biggest interesting thing is the virtual standby line. If that can cap me at no longer having to ever stand in a line longer then 30 minutes, that would be fantastic. Finding a place out of the sun, bathrooms, having a drink/snack, etc instead of standing in line would be extremely nice.

My heart will be very, very sad if FP's become another thing you have to pay for. Disney has already added fees and taken away so many things that made their high prices worth it for me, this would be the last straw. I hate it at Universal and other parks. Paying for FP's would been the end for me. My money can go elsewhere; despite my love of all things Disney.

I for one hope it passes. I would love it if it becomes a day of system. Mainly I hate all the planning involved to enjoy Disney.
But then you spend each day of your holiday fighting for fast passes at silly o'clock in the morning. I'd rather have a fairly solid plan of what I'm doing 180 days, 60 days out so the stress of trying to get passes has gone before i start my holiday.

I hope the system crashes.

I have to plan park reservations, dining, etc in advance.

But now rides are supposed to be day-of?.

The prices bother me. This concept of a fluid price system really bothers me (I can’t think of one example where a fluid price system benefits anyone - think surge pricing for Uber if anyone uses it as routinely as I do). The fact that I have to plan everything at Disney except now potentially this, drives me over the edge. I hope they don’t consider this a hybrid system because this is a complete overhaul, and uneeded and unecessary one as far as I’m concerned.

Yea, hope the system crashes and burns today

I also know I’m getting mad at something that hasn’t be confirmed yet at WDW, but the idea of it and increasing reality of it is certainly making me not so “magical” today.

I can tell you right now, if this came to WDW, some people would stop going entirely. It’s just sucking the magic out of Disney. You shouldn’t have to pay for every little thing that Disney has to offer.

That's a feature, not a bug, of this new scheme. It's exactly the outcome they want.

Lol. So that's what went on last week. How long do you reckon it will go on for before they have to put the old fp up for the time being?
I think the sand in the hourglass is quickly running out. They put a lot of paid hours into this program and I get the feeling they won't waste much more testing time before they pull the trigger on FP+ until they sort out the other option. The other option is holding back a LOT of other rollout and decisions

I think the sand in the hourglass is quickly running out. They put a lot of paid hours into this program and I get the feeling they won't waste much more testing time before they pull the trigger on FP+ until they sort out the other option. The other option is holding back a LOT of other rollout and decisions
So they won't bring back old FP, they would rather carry on with long queues? Or am I reading it wrong. I take it the new system and Genie is integrated?

Considering a holiday should be fun and stress free, trying to grab and pay for fp's and sticking your head in your phone for most of the day does not sound fun.

This is no different than previous system other than the "pay" part of it.

In order to actually get an FP for a good attraction, people people first had to sit at their computer constantly refreshing for the second the 60 day window opened like you're trying to get Taylor Swift tickets and MAYBE if you're lucky and fast enough you can get that FP for FoP. Then at the park you're sticking your head in your phone all day refreshing to try and snag a slot opening. Not to mention the Boarding Group lottery for brand new attractions that if you don't get in your only day planned to go to Galaxy's Edge you're SOL.

Magical!

The FP+ system was already "broken" from a stress free point of view. Something needs to change and if that solution is to pay a nominal fee to make it a truly stress free experience, then I'm for it.

So they won't bring back old FP, they would rather carry on with long queues? Or am I reading it wrong. I take it the new system and Genie is integrated?
I think what it means is if the test today fails, there will be more pressure to reinstate old FP+ until they can reliably work the issues out of the new system. Because capacity has increased faster than expected (to keep in step with competitors like Universal) Disney’s hands are a bit tied to give guests more of the experience they were used to pre-pandemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter