Stateroom question

rcgal2

Mouseketeer
So I've never cruised Royal Caribbean before (actually only have 2 Disney Cruises under my belt) but with the current offer they have...60% off 2nd fair, 50% off deposit & room credit I'm thinking it's time. My question is this (and I apologize if it's stupid) Are the rooms near the elevators noisy? It seems as though that's all that's available for what I'm looking for. I just want an ocean view balcony. Does anyone have any suggestions? The ship I was looking at was the Oasis if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance for any help/advice. :-)

Our room on Oasis was a central park balcony quite close to the elevators- we didn't notice noise. Try Oasis- we LOVED it! DD puts our cruise on Oasis and on Fantasy on equal levels :)

Our room on Oasis was a central park balcony quite close to the elevators- we didn't notice noise. Try Oasis- we LOVED it! DD puts our cruise on Oasis and on Fantasy on equal levels :)
Good to know about the Fantasy comparison. My DS loved the Fantasy!

Good to know about the Fantasy comparison. My DS loved the Fantasy!

She loved the kids clubs on Royal more than on Fantasy as the counselors really got to know the kids- she also did the evening program till 11pm which we allowed as long as she didn't wake up grumpy. On Fantasy last year she was allowed into Edge, even though she was only 10, so thought that was great. She liked how Royal broke their groups up in ages more. She was really disappointed in the pool situation on the Fantasy, as there wasn't really any other than "kid soup" as we referred to it as, no way any of us were getting in the pool with all the kids bobbing in life jackets staring at the big screen. She did love the Aquaduct of course. She liked the shows equal, the ice show and the diving show were really great. She is a great eater (doesn't eat kids meals, but rather orders off the adult menu) so food wise was the same for her. She enjoyed the parade and character meal on Oasis also.
I was just pricing spring break and for us- every Disney cruise is pretty much twice the price of the equivalent Royal cruise (4 Day Indy vs 4 Day Magic, Wonder, and especially Dream) and 7 day Freedom/Oasis/Allure half of the Fantasy - just can't do it

She loved the kids clubs on Royal more than on Fantasy as the counselors really got to know the kids- she also did the evening program till 11pm which we allowed as long as she didn't wake up grumpy. On Fantasy last year she was allowed into Edge, even though she was only 10, so thought that was great. She liked how Royal broke their groups up in ages more. She was really disappointed in the pool situation on the Fantasy, as there wasn't really any other than "kid soup" as we referred to it as, no way any of us were getting in the pool with all the kids bobbing in life jackets staring at the big screen. She did love the Aquaduct of course. She liked the shows equal, the ice show and the diving show were really great. She is a great eater (doesn't eat kids meals, but rather orders off the adult menu) so food wise was the same for her. She enjoyed the parade and character meal on Oasis also.
I was just pricing spring break and for us- every Disney cruise is pretty much twice the price of the equivalent Royal cruise (4 Day Indy vs 4 Day Magic, Wonder, and especially Dream) and 7 day Freedom/Oasis/Allure half of the Fantasy - just can't do it

I think your daughter and my son would get alone well. He feels the same way about all of it. Except he hasn't yet been in a teen club and we didn't do the later paid evening programming on Royal.

Just like on Disney, the elevators are not right *next to* the staterooms. There's a buffer zone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter