• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stateroom question

WishingMom

DIS Veteran
DH and I are thinking about booking a disneycruise for next April. We were looking at an inside or ocean view stateroom. Are there any particular areas you your try your best to avoid?

Thanks in advance,

DH and I are thinking about booking a disneycruise for next April. We were looking at an inside or ocean view stateroom. Are there any particular areas you your try your best to avoid?

Thanks in advance,
You're going to get as many answers as there are rooms onboard the ships.

My preference - on the Magic class ships, deck 2 midship.
On the Dream class - pretty much any room I can afford.

Check the smoking areas on the ship first. On the Alaska cruise we had 8004 and 8006, right below the smoking section and during our dead calm glacier day smoke and ashes came down on us like crazy. If you stick to a porthole or inside stateroom you will be OK. Verandahs are a different matter. Happy sailing!!

Luke Schmoo, we do different things on different ships.

On the Fantasy, we always sail forward due to vibrations. We've only done concierge on the Dream, but my guess is we'd try mid or forward if we sailed her again.

On the Magic class we've been sailing aft.

On all of the ships, we try to get on a deck that is sandwiched by other passenger rooms. We worry that being above a theater or below a pool deck world be loud. This has translated to deck 6 on the Magic class and deck 7 or 8 on the Dream class. The added benefit to this is that we rarely take the elevators since almost everything is within just a couple floors.

Thanks in advance,

To me, the area I try to avoid is mid-ship. I find the aft and fwd to be much much more quiet and this is what I am looking for.

Thanks in advance,
Try to avoid lower decks, under bars near engines and turbulence from the sea. Not forwards not aft, Midship best.

Thanks in advance,
On the Magic and Wonder, I try to avoid connecting staterooms that connect to people I'm not traveling with.

I like deck 2 so the only area I really try to avoid is under the hallway between Keys / Cadillac and Azure / Fathoms, kids run these during the day stomping out as much noise as humanly possible.

I try to avoid the floors where the kids' clubs are... too much traffic. I like to book hallways that don't have rooms on both sides, again, so there's less traffic.

I care about where the laundry rooms are. We are a family of five so space and quantity of luggage matters; thus laundry must be done. I don't want to hike through the ship with my dirty laundry mainly because a couple of loads can translate into several trips to the laundry room to monitor its progress. (I don't like to make other people wait for me).

With that said, this upcoming cruise we are not even on the same floor as a laundry room so though I check to see the location, its not a deal breaker if the room is worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter