stay at one resort use pool at another?

Keacc

DIS Veteran
Is it possible to use pools at other resorts if you are staying on site?

No, not unless the resorts are sister resorts. For example, you can use both pools at the Port Orleans resorts or any pool at the All Star resorts if you're staying at one, but you can't stay at Pop and use Art of Animation's pool or stay at Boardwalk and use Beach Club's. Pool hopping is not allowed.

No, not unless the resorts are sister resorts. For example, you can use both pools at the Port Orleans resorts or any pool at the All Star resorts if you're staying at one, but you can't stay at Pop and use Art of Animation's pool or stay at Boardwalk and use Beach Club's. Pool hopping is not allowed.

This is correct.

The only exception to this is that DVC members do have pool hopping privileges at other resorts, but there is a specific list of which pools they can hop to, and there are certain blackout dates. I just wanted to clarify in case you've heard of someone pool hopping- they may have been DVC members.

In general, no. Pools are for the use of registered guests of that resort, and many of the resort pools are fenced and require scanning a magic band for entry to the pool area.

There are a few exceptions. If you're staying at one of the All-Star Resorts, you can use the pools at all three of the All-Stars. If you're at Port Orleans Riverside or Port Orleans French Quarter, you can use the pools at either resort. If you're a DVC member staying on your points, you have the option to "hop" to some pools at certain resorts. See the pool use FAQ thread at the top of this board for more information.

Are Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge sister resorts?

... stay at Pop and use Art of Animation's pool or stay at Boardwalk and use Beach Club's. Pool hopping is not allowed.
I was always told that no one (other than YC/BC guests) can use Yacht and Beach Club's pool, even DVC members??

EDIT: I misread your statement. I thought you were saying you COULD stay at BW and use YC/BC pool. Sorry about that.

According to the Disney website, Disney resort hotels guests CAN rent a cabana at the Contemporary or Floridian even if they aren't staying there, which then would allow use of that pool. Beach & Yacht club cabanas can only be reserved when staying there.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/cabanas/

Last edited:
According to the Disney website, Disney resort hotels guests CAN rental a cabana at the Contemporary or Floridian even if they aren't staying there, which then would allow use of that pool. Beach & Yacht club cabanas can only be reserved when staying there.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/cabanas/

This would be the other exception to rule, aside from DVC Pool Hopping, subject to its restrictions. Though I'm fairly certain it only gets you into the pool with the Cabanas not the other pool (though for CR that doesn't matter since last I recall it was all the same fenced area).

Also I think Poly has "patios" that can be rented to anyone for use at the Oasis Pool, I thought I read that wasn't restricted to those at Polynesian either.

I was always told that no one (other than YC/BC guests) can use Yacht and Beach Club's pool, even DVC members??

EDIT: I misread your statement. I thought you were saying you COULD stay at BW and use YC/BC pool. Sorry about that.

Just to be clear BCV guests can use all of the pools at Y&BC.

Unfortunately not, there is a large FAQ in the pinned posts in this section of the forums. (I can't link yet or i would just post it here)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter