• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stayed at Allstar Music :

terri01p

DIS Veteran
We stay at the All Star Music last week, there were four of us, the ASMR, gave us a free adjoining room, so we would be more comfortable, since my DD is in a wheelchair, so nice. My DD turned very sick first day there, I just called up to the front desk to see where the hospital was, and the next day they came and checked on her, I thought that was very sweet and gave her a disney hat, candies etc... we were at the hospital and they left it all on the bed. Made us feel good !

It is nice to hear they still make magical memories like that. I am sorry your DD got ill on your trip and I hope she is feeling better.
JenJen

Sorry to hear about the ill child. Sounds like WDW gave you some magic though.

Yes, all is well now, the buses that they have now, that just tilt down and you load up a ramp are great , bus drivers seemed really nice this trip.

Not to take away any Disney magic about the free adjoining room but this is a requirement for all hotels due to the American's with Disabilities Act. The true magic here is not that they gave you the room free but that they did it without you having to point out that they had to give you a free room by federal law. Many hotels out there [read cut rate] figure that if you don't know about the free room provision of the ADA they don't have to tell you.

The free room is only if there are more than 2 people in your party, and the HC room is only equipped with a king bed, right? If there were 4 people in your party, and the HC room slept 4, would they have to give you another room too? What if no connecting rooms were available?

Schmeck if a handicap room has enough 2 beds then they have met the ADA requirements of making an accessible room for the normal standard (a room for 4).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter