• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying at Disney’s Boardwalk Inn!

I love boardwalk because it’s not a total madhouse. It is a bit less hectic than some more themed resorts but still incredibly kid friendly. My kids don’t need a crazy pool since that’s our down time between parks. We need somewhere to grab lunch to eat by the pool and recharge. I just wish BWI had a more traditional QS!

BWI is our favorite resort!! The walk to Epcot is so quick, so it makes it nice to walk over an grab dinner or just take a stroll. We also like just strolling the boardwalk, getting a snack and finding a place to sit and enjoy the view and the atmosphere. We find the resort such a relaxing place to be. Have a wonderful time!!

Boardwalk with no KIDS!!! Those are now our best vacations. Boardwalk is and will always be our resort of choice. Been staying there since 2008. First, walk the grounds. There beautiful! The quiet pool is nicely located and not used a lot. You can go anytime and have the entire pool to yourself. Enjoy everything the actual Boardwalk have to offer. Our favorite dining options are Flying Fish and the Boardwalk Pizza window. Trust me...try the pizza!! Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno is really nice and you can usually always get a reservation. You can also grab something at the Boardwalk Bakery and eat while you're walking to World Showcase or Hollywood Studios. DO NOT eat at ESPN!! It sucks!!! If you drink, make sure to get a margarita at Joe's Marvelous Margarita's. Not as great as La Cava de Tequila but it'll work. Also, the AbracadaBar has some really cool and different drinks. There are so many nice places to sit and relax or people watch at Boardwalk. Our favorite is the porch right outside of the lobby. I collect art and the Wyland Gallery has some of the most beautiful art on property. The ScreenDoor is a nice place to shop but if you want Boardwalk theme items, go to the Dundy's Sundries. The Belle Vue Lounge is also a great place to rest after a long day in the parks. Not sure if the entertainment is back, but we use to enjoy sitting on our balcony and watch the different performers. If you want to see the fireworks from the resort, go to the third floor and take a left off the elevator. You can stand outside the doors and see some of the fireworks and hear the music. You can also get a pretty good view from the dock at Yacht Club. Of all of the things listed, my all time favorite thing to do, is to sit on the Boardwalk with a glass of wine and look at Crescent Lake at night. That's the best way to end your night. I forgot to mention, walking over to Yacht/Beach Club or Swan/Dolphin. There are so many things to do, you'll just have to plan. Hope this was helpful and hope you have an amazing and magical trip!!!

Boardwalk with no KIDS!!! Those are now our best vacations. Boardwalk is and will always be our resort of choice. Been staying there since 2008. First, walk the grounds. There beautiful! The quiet pool is nicely located and not used a lot. You can go anytime and have the entire pool to yourself. Enjoy everything the actual Boardwalk have to offer. Our favorite dining options are Flying Fish and the Boardwalk Pizza window. Trust me...try the pizza!! Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno is really nice and you can usually always get a reservation. You can also grab something at the Boardwalk Bakery and eat while you're walking to World Showcase or Hollywood Studios. DO NOT eat at ESPN!! It sucks!!! If you drink, make sure to get a margarita at Joe's Marvelous Margarita's. Not as great as La Cava de Tequila but it'll work. Also, the AbracadaBar has some really cool and different drinks. There are so many nice places to sit and relax or people watch at Boardwalk. Our favorite is the porch right outside of the lobby. I collect art and the Wyland Gallery has some of the most beautiful art on property. The ScreenDoor is a nice place to shop but if you want Boardwalk theme items, go to the Dundy's Sundries. The Belle Vue Lounge is also a great place to rest after a long day in the parks. Not sure if the entertainment is back, but we use to enjoy sitting on our balcony and watch the different performers. If you want to see the fireworks from the resort, go to the third floor and take a left off the elevator. You can stand outside the doors and see some of the fireworks and hear the music. You can also get a pretty good view from the dock at Yacht Club. Of all of the things listed, my all time favorite thing to do, is to sit on the Boardwalk with a glass of wine and look at Crescent Lake at night. That's the best way to end your night. I forgot to mention, walking over to Yacht/Beach Club or Swan/Dolphin. There are so many things to do, you'll just have to plan. Hope this was helpful and hope you have an amazing and magical trip!!!
Not eating at ESPN is not a problem. It’s permanently closed.
Entertainment (buskers) are back. New ones but back.

At the bakery I’ve heard, and will see in a couple weeks, for breakfast there is a crumb cake for only $3.99 that is both delicious and filling! I’ll be checking that out, and I did see it listed in mobile order

There’s also the Doddle Muffin at the bakery which is delish, and I HIGHLY recommend the breakfast pizza from Trattoria al Forno.

At the bakery I’ve heard, and will see in a couple weeks, for breakfast there is a crumb cake for only $3.99 that is both delicious and filling! I’ll be checking that out, and I did see it listed in mobile order
My spouse loves the crumb cake!

We usually buy a second to take home.

06FA2905-CB8E-4395-9AE0-B7971C1C0E9B.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter