Staying at DLH 4-19 to 23, some ?????

abby

Abby's Mom
We are staying at the DLH on those dates, my dd 5 and myself. A few questions:
1. is the hotel non smoking or are there smoking rooms, area's?
2. we have booked a standard room, I read somewhere is you ask for an upgrade nicely, they might give you one, any tips?
3. which building should I request, or does it really matter?
4. how heated is the pool, we will be able to swim if it is 70 ish outside?

We prefer the Sierra towers as it is the closest to downtown disney and the parks. I believe I read that the rooms are a slight bit larger, also.

The hotel has smoking and non-smoking rooms. I'm not sure if they have whole towers that are non-smoking or not.

As far as swimming, it depends on what you are used to. I believe the pool is kept at about 78-80 degrees. Now that we live in AZ that is too cold for us but when we lived in Eastern Washington/Northern Idaho we thought it was warm.

I'm not sure about the upgrades, perhaps someone else might be able to offer advice.

1. Since I am a non-smoker I never gave this one much thought. I never caught even a hint of smoke in my rooms so if they have distinctions between them, Disney is pretty firm as to who goes in what room. (Some Hotels blur this when occupancy is up)
2. I have never asked for an Upgrade but if the rooms that I have stayed in are any indication of a Standard Room (With and AP Discount I'm sure that they are) then you will be pleased. The room is large and well kept. Decorated very tastefully.
3. I've been in two different towers and prefer the tower with the main entrance (can't remember the exact name of this tower) It has a great view of the pool if you are pool side. The East tower has a great Park view so you may want that.
4. Pool was great! I usually go in the winter (which in CA is not very winterish) and always hit the pool. The Spa is wonderful.

Have stayed in the Sierra and Bonita and been equally happy with both. I have never been able to score an upgraded room but you might luck out. Just depends on when you check in and how busy they are. The Bonita is the furthest walk but not by much so don't let that worry you. They have smoking and non smoking rooms, I always ask for non smoking and only had a problem once. Even though we were in a nonsmoking room, we came back one afternoon to change clothes and the room reeked of smoke. It seemed to be coming through the vents. We called housekeeping and they took care of the problem while we were at dinner. No idea what they did but it was gone. I think that since each room has a sliding door (not a balcony though) that opens to the outside, if people smoke they do it with that sliding door open so it airs out pretty well. You will definitely be able to swim. The cooler it is outside the more they seem to heat the pool. They also have a very large hot tub. We have swam in December and February as well as summer and spring months. Enjoy your stay, this is our favorite hotel anywhere!

Thanks all for the information, we are getting very excited for our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter