staying offsite for a Disney race (specifically Dopey/ Hilton Tuscany Village)

VAfamily1998

DIS Veteran
Do any of the offsite hotels, beyond Swan/Dolphin and Shades of Green, offer race/expo transportation for the marathon?
I'm seriously considering staying at the Hilton Grand vacation at Tuscany village for Dopey. I don't plan to go to the parks much, if at all...and I could save a ton of money AND get a nicer room by staying off site. But after some of the transportation fiascos of last weekends Dark side race, I'm very leary of staying off site.

Any experience with this particular hotel, or even just general words of advice? If I took a cab or Uber (which I have NEVER EVER used!) will it be fairly easy to get?
Thanks!

I'm not familiar with the Hilton hotel you mention, but we've stayed off site for three different race weekends. We did have a rental car though and drove ourselves, but I don't think using Uber or a cab would be much different. We had no issues driving in or out from the races. We do like to get there pretty early before the traffic builds. We typically left our townhomes around 3:30 (stayed at Windsor Hills and Emerald Island) and were in the Epcot parking lot in about 15-20 minutes with no delays. It can be managed easily. My only caution would be not to push it off too late for arrival as traffic can get pretty heavy and some of the road closures begin.

Bonnet Creek has some sort of runner package. They were doing a big push with bloggers last year, I'm sure if you google around you can find a review.

You will have a hard time finding an Uber/Lyft at the time of the morning that you need one if you're trying to go early, and you'll also have to know exactly where you're going to give them directions because they follow GPS instructions.

I drove from offsite this year and had no problem. I'm staying onsite for Dopey in 2017 and I'll probably still drive my group around to the start line because that extra hour of sleep is worth it.

I'd stay off site but rent a car.. No way would I depend on taxis etc plus I'd think you'd prob save cash overall with a cheaper rental vs at least 10 taxi trips (2 each race days n airport) it's pretty easy to navigate

You will have a hard time finding an Uber/Lyft at the time of the morning that you need one if you're trying to go early, and you'll also have to know exactly where you're going to give them directions because they follow GPS instructions.

I drove from offsite this year and had no problem. I'm staying onsite for Dopey in 2017 and I'll probably still drive my group around to the start line because that extra hour of sleep is worth it.

The quick get away after the race is worth it too.

We always stay at the Hilton Bonnet Creek. They offer transportation to the half but not 5k or 10k. We used their transportation for the Princess half but drove ourselves for the 10k this past weekend. They also had food and drinks available before we left on the bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter