Steakhouse 71 for 8?

Zimwicket

Mouseketeer
Booking online and calling, they wont do a reservation for 8. I currently have a reservation for 7, will they allow me to add one on when we check in? If I book a smaller table of 3 and split the group up, can I keep both reservations and depending on what they allow use them without a cancellation fee if they allow 8 at one table? Having been to steakhouse 71 a few times, I have definitely seen large groups seated together so I'm unsure why the restriction on 7.

You can book two reservations, which is common for large groups at WDW. Just put the first ADR in someone else’s name (someone in the party who has their own MDE, because they’ll be the only one who can modify or cancel online) and book the second in your name. Are sure everyone arrives at the restaurant 10-15 minutes before the earlier ADR, then check in with the CM, not via MDE, and tell them you’re together and would like to be seated as close together as possible. Then be patient while they arrange things. Again, it’s very common for large groups to have split ADRs at WDW!

PS WDW ADR booking system doesn’t like odd numbers. So if it says there are no tables for 3, look for a table for 4. (And instead of looking for table for 7, try for 8.) There’s no penalty for showing up with fewer people than booked, except for prepaid meals like CRT or dining packages like fireworks dining packages.

They would not give us a reservation for more than 5. Said it was covid policy.

instead made our party of 8, two parties of four and recommended we call the day before to be seated together.

when I called I was told not only would are parties not be seated close to each other we might not be seated at the same time.

all I got was sorry but we can not handle large parties ……

They would not give us a reservation for more than 5. Said it was covid policy.

instead made our party of 8, two parties of four and recommended we call the day before to be seated together.

when I called I was told not only would are parties not be seated close to each other we might not be seated at the same time.

all I got was sorry but we can not handle large parties ……
Wow, that’s unusual. Maybe it’s unique to Steakhouse 71. I’d still check in together with the CM and ask politely to be seated as close together as possible. Good luck! :tinker::tinker::tinker:

I just checked some random dates, can get plenty of times for 7, but none for 8. Their bigger tables are booths or round tables. Maybe they can only seat 7 at them. You can book for 2 smaller parties OP & ask at check in if you can be seated together or close. But if they can’t, at least you’ll all be able to get in.

We had lunch yesterday and there was a party of 14 being seated before us. They were split up but close to each other. So it is possible.

After 10 years of going to WDW (used it be easy to book for our family even with grandparents), someone taught me how to split our party of 5 to book ADRs last month.

I would create an MDE account for one other person in your party, share plans and add them (make sure they are already on the list and accept to share plans) to your friends and family list and then book an ADR from your account (on the website not app) for 4 but make them the lead while booking (use their name as the person who is managing the reservation otherwise the system will block one hour and you can’t overlap) and then book an ADR with you being the person managing the ADR.

You can book for roughly the same time this way and CMs are more likely to seat you together.

Booking online and calling, they wont do a reservation for 8. I currently have a reservation for 7, will they allow me to add one on when we check in? If I book a smaller table of 3 and split the group up, can I keep both reservations and depending on what they allow use them without a cancellation fee if they allow 8 at one table? Having been to steakhouse 71 a few times, I have definitely seen large groups seated together so I'm unsure why the restriction on 7.
CM at Steakhouse here. The reason it won't allow it is because our biggest table seats 7. That being said, if at least 2 of them are kids, we can fit 8 at a big booth but it will be cozy! LOL. Once you check in, if everyone is there, you may have a wait for one of those but if you are willing to wait, we can and do sometimes fit 8 at one booth. That is only a request (have to say that as we don't guarantee combining ressies) depending on the night. We don't push tables together so the other option would be 4 and 4 close together.

CM at Steakhouse here. The reason it won't allow it is because our biggest table seats 7. That being said, if at least 2 of them are kids, we can fit 8 at a big booth but it will be cozy! LOL. Once you check in, if everyone is there, you may have a wait for one of those but if you are willing to wait, we can and do sometimes fit 8 at one booth. That is only a request (have to say that as we don't guarantee combining ressies) depending on the night. We don't push tables together so the other option would be 4 and 4 close together.
Thank you for this information! Very helpful - I didn’t realize the largest booth seats only 7, nor that you can’t slide tables together.

Thank you for this information! Very helpful - I didn’t realize the largest booth seats only 7, nor that you can’t slide tables together.
You're welcome. Yeah, when we became Steakhouse 71, our tables became very heavy marble tables and we sadly do not combine tables like a lot of restaurants on property! I know it's tougher for big families, but if I had to move those all night, I'd have to quit because I wouldn't be able to afford the chiro visits! LOL

@MATTERHORN just want how much we like Steakhouse 71. We especially love the lunch menu. It’s hard to decide what to get because everything is so good!! We’ve started staying at CR the last 2 years & Steakhouse 71 is a big part of the reason we do.

@MATTERHORN just want how much we like Steakhouse 71. We especially love the lunch menu. It’s hard to decide what to get because everything is so good!! We’ve started staying at CR the last 2 years & Steakhouse 71 is a big part of the reason we do.
I am so glad to hear that!!! So many people were so upset when the WAVE was going away, but most people who give us a try end up liking us! I love the prime rib sandwich for lunch!! What's your favorite items?

I am so glad to hear that!!! So many people were so upset when the WAVE was going away, but most people who give us a try end up liking us! I love the prime rib sandwich for lunch!! What's your favorite items?

That prime rib sandwich!! 😋 And the onion rings & turkey club. My DH says the French onion soup is about the best he’s had anywhere (not just at WDW, but anywhere). And we have been getting FO soup anywhere we dine for over 45 years, so that’s saying a lot. We never ate at the Wave much, but Steakhouse 71 is now in our “every trip” list.

We were lucky enough to get a walk up right when they opened for lunch on our last trip. It was SO good! in fact we’re going back twice, once for lunch and once for brunch on our Marathon weekend trip. That French Onion soup…….no words! ❤️

We will put a high chair at a booth, so if one child is high chair aged, we can definitely fit 8!
Hey there! I’m trying to get a reservation for 8 including four kiddos ages 8, 6, 4, and 3. Can I just book a reservation for 7 and explain about that last kiddo on arrival? I’m sure with so many little kiddos the table would work!

Thanks for your insight, so appreciate you!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter