Step 1: Admitting to a Disney Addiction

Pink Mouse Ears

Probably Planning
Welcome :tinker:

Ok…the trip is planned and I’m so ready to go! But, my ticker tells me there’s still 60 days to go. Why does time go so slowly when planning for Disney, but so quickly when you’re actually there? :confused3 So, what should I do with my 60 days? Some may say “go back to reality” or “try not to think about it” until the trip gets closer. But, I know my DIS friends agree that the best way to pass time is to submerge into all things Disney. And so…I am now writing my first PTR. :thumbsup2

Here’s a little about the cast:

232323232%7Ffp532%3C%3A%3Enu%3D3263%3E%3A%3A5%3E%3B4%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D33584%3B594832%3Anu0mrj

Myself: I’m Annie, 27, and, like you, I’m a Disney planning fanatic. I currently teach 4th grade and have two single gender classes (one full of energetic boys and one full of dramatic girls…challenging, but beyond rewarding.) In my free time, I like to take DS2 on adventures and become tourists in our hometown (just outside of Charleston, SC.) I am a bit of a perfectionist and a workaholic, so those take up a lot of my time. Any extra chance I get, I escape to WDW in my mind. I obsess over planning, but as you’ll see, once we get there, it’s all about going with the flow and keeping everyone happy. :goodvibes

232323232%7Ffp532%3C%3B%3Enu%3D3263%3E%3A%3A5%3E%3B4%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D335853346332%3Anu0mrj

DH: Jeremy, 30, is a computer analyst, contracted for the State Dept. He also loves Disney, but sometimes forgets how much. Unlike me, he isn’t obsessive, and he worries about my sanity sometimes (and the amount of time I spend learning little known WDW facts.) He knows that if he gives me permission to go for 3 days, it will turn into five before he can blink. DH is also hockey fan and a beer connoisseur…I am hoping to convince him to review them along the way so I can add them to my TR. We were married in 2006 after dating over 5 years, and this will be our 7th trip to the World together. :woohoo:

232323232%7Ffp532%3C9%3Enu%3D3263%3E%3A%3A5%3E%3B4%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D33584%3A%3B95%3B32%3Anu0mrj

DS: Landon, 2, is 100% toddler! (This picture is several months old.) He loves Mickey Mouse, Handy Manny, and throwing everything. This trip will be his 2nd trip to the world. Since he was only 20 months last time, I think he will be much more alert, but also more challenging. He is very much on the go.

Supporting Roles:

Nick: DH’s best friend will be coming down from New York to join us for part of the trip. He hopes to bring along his girlfriend, Miranda, but they haven’t worked out the dates yet. This will be the 3rd trip that Nick has joined us on. He won’t admit it, but he is also a Disney fanatic and helps me plan out our trips.

(Other supporting roles TBA)

Now…for the trip details!

After quite a few switches, we ended up with a split-stay:

June 2nd-7th: CSR with a Standard View
June 7th-11th:WL with a Woods View

We haven’t done either and right now, I think I’m more excited about CSR! The renovated rooms fit my taste and I love looking at photographs of the resort at night. I’m thinking of requesting a Casita (but not being specific about a certain one.) We’ve never requested anything before and we’ve always gotten great rooms…so I’m hesitant. I’d love to have a WL room connecting to the lobby, but again, don’t want to jinx it. I know it will be exciting to stay so close to MK.
ADRs are booked and the itinerary is color-coded and on the spreadsheet. This will be our longest Disney trip. Life is good!! :cool1: Here are the plans:

Wednesday, June 2nd: DH has to work at least a ½ day, but hopefully we’ll make it on the road by 2 or so. The drive from here takes about 6 and ½ hours. Last October we didn’t arrive til almost midnight- I definitely don’t want to do that again. You can’t start a Disney trip already tired! We’ll check into CSR, walk around a bit if it’s not too late, then get to bed.

Thursday, June 3rd: If we feel like getting up early enough, we’ll hit the EMH at MK and spend the morning there. We’ll do lunch at Cosmic Ray’s (for the first time! We’ve always just done Casey’s or CHH.) I think Landon will enjoy watching Sonny Eclipse. We’ll head back to the room midday for a nap. After nap, we’ll head over to DHS and do our 6:00 ADR at 50s Prime Time. If Landon can make it, we’ll do Fantasmic to “officially” kick off our trip. :wizard:

Friday, June 4th: I made an 8:25 ADR at Crystal Palace, but I’m not sure we’ll keep it. I just can’t justify spending so much on breakfast foods! Most days we’ll just be doing something quick in the room. Either way, we’ll be doing another morning at MK (we just can’t get enough of this place…in our October trip, we didn’t even make it to DHS because we just wanted to go back to MK again and again.) Lunch plans are to do Casey’s (and hopefully hear the pianist outside) and then nap. After Landon gets up, we’ll head to Epcot for a 5:30 ADR at Teppan Edo. I doubt we’ll make it til Illuminations but we’ll at least make it to a few countries.

Saturday, June 5th: AK Day- Animal Kingdom is my least favorite park so this is the only day we have plans to go there. Not sure if it’s the lack of shade or what :confused3…but we are usually are ok doing half of a day there. We’ll do the EMH if we wake up on time. For lunch, we’ll do Flame Tree BBQ since I’ve seen so many good reviews for it (we’ve always done Pizzafari…not because it’s good, but because its what we know.) I hope to leave for nap early and make it back for the Jammin Jungle parade, but that would probably require a lot of rushing around. We have a 6:20 Boma reservation :cloud9: and will probably just walk around AKL afterwards.

Sunday, June 6th: Pool Day- I’m so excited about this day! :goodvibes Just hanging out at CSR and relaxing. We plan to do lunch at the Pepper Market. After naptime, we’ll head to Epcot for a 6:20 Le Cellier reservation. No evening plans so we’ll base it on Landon’s mood!

Monday, June 7th: We’ll start the day by packing up and checking out of CSR. Then, we’ll head to Epcot and spend the morning in Future World. At lunch time, we’ll cross the bridge over to Beaches and Cream- our favorite restaurant in WDW (last time we got to be “Family of the Day”- so exciting!! :banana:) After, we’ll head over to WL, crossing our fingers for an early check in so Landon can get a nap. Then, we’ll take the boat over to CR for a 5:30 ADR at Chef Mickey’s (I’m wishing this was later now that we have a resort switch, but doubt I’ll be able to get it changed.) This will be our first dinner at Chef Mickey’s. I’m thinking with the early dinner, this might be a good night to go to DTD. We’ll see!

Tuesday, June 8th: Another MK Day!! We’ll try to make the EMH…For lunch, I’m thinking El Pirata if it’s open. Back to WL for nap midday…then taking the boat back to MK to transfer to the Poly boat. Dinner at O’hana, then back to MK to catch the new version of the Electrical Parade.

Wednesday, June 9th: We’ll head back to DHS in the morning for the EMH. For lunch, I really want to try Starring Rolls. I’ve seen great review (and cupcake pictures!) After going back for nap, we’ll head to the Poly again, but this time for dinner at Kona (another first.) If we’re not too tired, we might head back to MK for Wishes…or maybe to the Wilderness Campground for the campfire with Chip and Dale.

Thursday, June 10th: This is our last full day. We’ll spend it at Epcot (only because we can go to MK tomorrow before leaving town. We ALWAYS end trips with MK.) Lunch plans are to go try Tangierine Café in Morocco. I’m not sure the rest of the group will be with me on this one, haha. After nap, we’ll go back to Epcot to have dinner at Coral Reef. After dinner, we might head over to walk around the Boardwalk before heading back to WL.

Friday, June 11th: Why is it so hard to think about your last day when your first day is still 60 days away?? We’ll pack up and check out…then head to MK. If we have time, we’ll go to Beaches and Cream one last time before leaving. Jeremy says we can’t wait until 4:00 to leave town this time around…for some reason he doesn’t like driving through the night while Landon and I sleep… :confused3

I had to join. (I am a teacher (h.s.); my hubby is a beer connoisseur.) We stayed at CSR, and the rooms were lovely, beds fabulous. I requested and was granted the Cabanas (8B, I think). I choose it b.c. it was near the dig site, a bus stop, and not far from El Centro (food). The laundry was nearby too. (P.S. Your son is precious.)

I had to join. (I am a teacher (h.s.); my hubby is a beer connoisseur.) We stayed at CSR, and the rooms were lovely, beds fabulous. I requested and was granted the Cabanas (8B, I think). I choose it b.c. it was near the dig site, a bus stop, and not far from El Centro (food). The laundry was nearby too. (P.S. Your son is precious.)

Thanks for joining! :yay:

So glad you liked CSR! The pictures I've seen are gorgeous. If you have any tips from your husband for great beers in the World, let me know and I'll pass them along to DH.

I've been counting down for over 180 days now. It almost feels like we're in the home stretch! :woohoo:

The Easter Bunny visited last night and brought Landon a Mickey coloring kit with markers and small sheets. Perfect for the car on a long ride!

He also left a secret message on our eggs that we dyed this morning!

232323232%7Ffp5338%3B%3Enu%3D3263%3E%3A%3A5%3E%3B4%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D34446%3A79%3C832%3Anu0mrj

Hmmm...whats that?

232323232%7Ffp53375%3Enu%3D3444%3E545%3E648%3E2535545739239ot1lsi

After some re-arranging, we found:

232323232%7Ffp53397%3Enu%3D3444%3E545%3E64%3A%3E253554573%3B239ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp53379%3Enu%3D3444%3E545%3E652%3E2535545743239ot1lsi

i am joining in your PTR:) all of your plans sounds great so far!! Your Son is adorable! I love the name Landon:) We are also going to be staying at CSR in Sept-- i cannot wait to see how you like it:) I am really looking forward to staying there and staying in the new renovated rooms. Did you request a specific section to stay in ? we requested the cabanas 9b or 8a-- hopefully we get want we want:) I also love your easter pictures and the dying of the eggs with a easter countdown is great!! Only disney addicts would understand:lmao: have a wonderful easter:)

I saw your PTR and had to join. I'm also a teacher heading to Disney as soon as I'm free to leave my school. The car will be packed with the family waiting. We get out on June 3rd and I hope to be on the road by noon.:banana: We must be neighbors. I'm in Berkeley County, are you nearby?

Annie, I saved this disboard discussion for him to review right before we leave. Please pass it along to your husband: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2260907&page=2 It looks like a fantastic resource.

We haven't been enough times (yet) for him to give advice. We do plan on trying Big River.

LOVED your Easter Eggs!!!!

We did Big River on our second trip- but its been a while and we might need to head back there sometime! DH loved it (of course) and I was just ok with it since I'm not really a big fan of beer :laughing: I remember the food being ok- not bad and nothing to write home about either. Can't wait to share the thread you sent with DH. Thanks!! :thumbsup2

I saw your PTR and had to join. I'm also a teacher heading to Disney as soon as I'm free to leave my school. The car will be packed with the family waiting. We get out on June 3rd and I hope to be on the road by noon.:banana: We must be neighbors. I'm in Berkeley County, are you nearby?

:welcome: We are neighbors! I'm in Dorchester 2. We were supposed to get out June 3rd but got furloughed the 2nd and 3rd...bad news financially, but great news for Disney :rotfl: I'd probably leave after school on the first if DH could get a few more days off! Thanks for joining!

i am joining in your PTR:) all of your plans sounds great so far!! Your Son is adorable! I love the name Landon:) We are also going to be staying at CSR in Sept-- i cannot wait to see how you like it:) I am really looking forward to staying there and staying in the new renovated rooms. Did you request a specific section to stay in ? we requested the cabanas 9b or 8a-- hopefully we get want we want:) I also love your easter pictures and the dying of the eggs with a easter countdown is great!! Only disney addicts would understand:lmao: have a wonderful easter:)

:welcome: Thank you for all of your nice words! I'll definitely take lots of CSR photos for you. I think I might request the Casitas...but I haven't decided. I love the fountains in that area! I think the only place I wouldn't care to be is in the Ranchos section, just because its further from El Centro.

DS was so excited when Mickey appeared on the eggs, but the countdown was definitely more for mommy :goodvibes DH rearranged the eggs when I wasn't looking to make it 95 days :eek:

Hi!!! Wanted to sign on to your PTR!!!! What a little munchkin angel you have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sounds like you have a great trip planned, with lots of fun new places to eat, and WOW great resorts!!! I hope you guys have the most terrific trip ever!! I can't wait to hear more about your plans as we all count down to the magic!! (which is so close btw!!!!!):wizard: :yay::yay::yay:

Ok...driving is a given for us. We're only a little over 6 hours away, so it just doesn't make sense to fly unless its an amazing deal. Flying ends up taking just as long, if not, longer.

Second on the "to-do"s- when to go? Well...this trip started as a grand gathering. My extended family on my mom's side has always met in Myrtle Beach. Its not glamorous, but financially, it works for pretty much everyone. And it was really exciting as a kid (especially when we lived in VA.) Now, we live 2 hours from MB and, as much as we want to meet up with everyone, I wanted to see if we could change it up without hurting feelings. So, my aunt and I decided to start planning a Disney cruise and WDW trip. I warned everyone and started making plans and sending out emails. No response. Hello people? Don't you realize Disney requires planning? :rolleyes1

As you can already tell from my introduction, the grand gathering never happened. The family will still be in Myrtle Beach the week after we go to Disney (and I will probably go join them since I am out for summer.)

So...next step? Where to stay... My dream resorts are the Boardwalk, Yacht/Beach, and Poly. Not happening right now... :sad2:

I began by booking a pirate room at CBR. I was never 100% set... I wanted AP rates to come out. In the meantime, I read how far the pirate rooms were from the main building, how thin the matresses were, etc. So, I considered a preferred room at CBR. Eventually, I started looking around at other resorts. We've done POFQ before, so I didn't really want to go there again (I think it needs a bit of a refurb.) Well, I came across this:

DSC_0031.jpg

Wow! Thats a moderate?? :idea:

Then this:

1425564842_02d30af5af.jpg

Ok. I'm sold! :yay: So I booked the full trip at CSR.

A week later, and constant monitoring :surfweb: and the AP rates finally came out for summer! So...I did the math...and for $64 TOTAL difference, we were able to do a split-stay at WL in a Woods View room! I don't love the WL rooms, but DH and Nick really want to stay there...and I will be SO excited to be so close to MK :banana:

I'd love to hear tips from WL or CSR fans out there!

Hi!!! Wanted to sign on to your PTR!!!! What a little munchkin angel you have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sounds like you have a great trip planned, with lots of fun new places to eat, and WOW great resorts!!! I hope you guys have the most terrific trip ever!! I can't wait to hear more about your plans as we all count down to the magic!! (which is so close btw!!!!!):wizard: :yay::yay::yay:

:welcome: and thanks for joining! Thank you so much for your kind words! Landon is very much an angel...80% of the time. It was 100% of the time before his second birthday :laughing:

i totaly agree with you with your decision for CSR-- those pictures sold me also:) I could not believe that was a moderate either!!! I heard very great things about the beds and how comfy they are , and i heard wonderful things about the bus service!! Oh and the view of CSR at night is just beautiful:) I also heard about the beds in the pirates rooms and how they were only a inch and a half thick ! ouch!! Also CSR is the only mod with queen beds, and a gym ( i am a workout aholic:lmao:) someone also sent me this website for CSR

i loved looked at all the pictures-- and also the rix lounge that they have looks amazing too

I am sorry your disney grand gathering won't be happening:( but at least you will have a amazing disney trip at 2 resorts:)

i totaly agree with you with your decision for CSR-- those pictures sold me also:) I could not believe that was a moderate either!!! I heard very great things about the beds and how comfy they are , and i heard wonderful things about the bus service!! Oh and the view of CSR at night is just beautiful:) I also heard about the beds in the pirates rooms and how they were only a inch and a half thick ! ouch!! Also CSR is the only mod with queen beds, and a gym ( i am a workout aholic:lmao:) someone also sent me this website for CSR

i loved looked at all the pictures-- and also the rix lounge that they have looks amazing too

I am sorry your disney grand gathering won't be happening:( but at least you will have a amazing disney trip at 2 resorts:)

I'm guessing thats the Coronado tripod site...I've heard its blocked on here, but it is a great site! If its something different, will you PM me and send it? I will be thankful for the queen beds- thats for sure!

oh i had no idea it was the tripod site-- that is strange its blocked but i guess i understand because not a disney website-- at least you know what site i was trying to send LOL:lmao: now i will know that is a blocked site! thanks for letting me know:)

Subscribing!!! Your trip is so much closer than mine - I'll just have to enjoy yours while I continue to count the days!! :)

Your son is ADORABLE!! What a cutie you have. Which reminds me, I need to figure out how to post pictures on here. :confused3

Can't wait to hear more!

Subscribing!!! Your trip is so much closer than mine - I'll just have to enjoy yours while I continue to count the days!! :)

Your son is ADORABLE!! What a cutie you have. Which reminds me, I need to figure out how to post pictures on here. :confused3

Can't wait to hear more!

:welcome: Thank you for your kind words!

Theres a posting pictures thread with instructions/video here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1947588 Its not difficult, but it is a pain! :sad2: I wish I could just drag it from my file onto the thread :rolleyes:

I just found the link in your signature for your pre-trip report so here I am to join in on the fun. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter